Places to Freeride In/Around Boulder

PB Forum :: USA - Rockies & Midwest
Places to Freeride In/Around Boulder
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Mar 25, 2011 at 12:05 Quote
Where are some good places to ride DH/Free-ride in or around Boulder, CO

Posted: Mar 26, 2011 at 18:53 Quote
There aren't any freeride areas. The Valmont bike park will be opening in a few months, but its more dirt jumps, pumptrack, slopestyle stuff. There are a few dirt jump spots around. DH is only in the summer at the ski resorts

Posted: Mar 26, 2011 at 19:45 Quote
I know but i cant wait that long!!!

O+
Posted: Apr 3, 2011 at 13:17 Quote
the trail to town from betasso is fun. . . .no jumps or big berms, but fast. . ..

and if anyone wants to show someone around ned, im willing to give beer or whatever

Posted: Apr 3, 2011 at 19:30 Quote
Vasqueezy wrote:

Left Hand Canyon OHV area. Plenty of good DH trails and if you know someone w/ a strong truck or quad you can shuttle it.

O+
Posted: Apr 6, 2011 at 23:16 Quote
edenger wrote:
Vasqueezy wrote:

Left Hand Canyon OHV area. Plenty of good DH trails and if you know someone w/ a strong truck or quad you can shuttle it.

Is lefthand open again? I know they shut it down because of that fire up there a few weeks ago.

Posted: Apr 9, 2011 at 19:31 Quote
Golden bike park isn't that far from Boulder. Castle Rock bike park is a ways but the wall side is so worth it.

Posted: May 19, 2011 at 20:27 Quote
When (if, the snow ever melts & the rain stops.... Eldora mtn. You can hike the svc road all the way to the Corona chair at the top. From there, endless! If you plan it and map it right, you can DH all the way down to Ned. Tons of options.

Posted: May 30, 2011 at 16:55 Quote
Going to be doing some DH riding this week near Lyons. If anyone wants to ride, shoot me a message.

O+
Posted: Jun 6, 2011 at 8:11 Quote
hey man, im interested but waiting on insurance to buy me a new bike. so keep posting here and maybe next time ill be available to ride. . .

Posted: Apr 22, 2012 at 17:56 Quote
Hey, I hear all you on your suggestions but can anyone list some half-assed directions? Near Lyons and Left hand whatever mean nothing to me. Much appreciated!!!

Posted: May 5, 2012 at 17:35 Quote
Well there isn't any point going to either of those places for freeride trails, all the best stuff is in Summit or Grand county. Lefthand does have some super steep loose rocky sections and some broken down gap jumps. To get to lefthand canyon head north on 36 from boulder towards Lyons after about 10 minutes turn left towards Jamestown about another 10 minutes up the road you will see the pull off for the OHV area on the right. There are some maps on MTBR if you do a search under the CO front range forum. Careful you don't get shot though!
In regards to Lyons, if there are any freeride trails they are super underground and someone would probably have to take you there in the middle of the night with a blindfold on. People call Hall Ranch DH but it is a multi use trail that is a lolipop kinda trail. Super mellow but fast and flowy, no berms or any real jumps. It gets pretty busy and they don't take too kindly to gravity riders hauling ass on the way down so I would reccomend going really late in the day midweek. Valmont BP is super fun and has solid features and is the only "Freeride" terrain anyone is going to tell you about anyway. It's off Valmont Rd east of Foothills Pkwy.

Posted: May 6, 2012 at 7:01 Quote
You are right about the DH trails up around the Lyons area. Super underground and very low key. But fun and fast!

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.022488
Mobile Version of Website