Spanish bb is there anyway to put mtb cranks with like a conversion or something?

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Spanish bb is there anyway to put mtb cranks with like a conversion or something?
| Next Page
Posted: Sep 30, 2011 at 21:26 Quote
i have problem, the bearing is not fit in the spanish bb

Posted: Oct 2, 2011 at 20:34 Quote
I've been runnin' em on my new shonky for about a month now, haven't had any problems yet, will talk to him and see how much he wants to sell a set for if you want?

Posted: Oct 6, 2011 at 2:16 Quote
Got a similar problem. Just brought a frame with spanish bb and a full parts kit separate with Howitzer bb & crank. Do you have any pictures of want your mate has put together?

Posted: Oct 21, 2019 at 0:24 Quote
Hey guys,

Did you find any solution ?

Bought a old Transition with (Fu*****) Spanish bb and would like to mount a threated bb..

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 21:41 Quote
wrote:
I have a 2010 kona honky with a spanish bb(stupid bmx cranks) is there any conversions or something to make it so i can use mountain bike cranks ie: shimano saint cranks

thx

Why are BMX cranks stupid? and no... you can't

Posted: Oct 23, 2019 at 8:51 Quote
Bayo30 wrote:
Hey guys,

Bought a old Transition with (Fu*****) Spanish bb and would like to mount a threated bb..
Just pop the bearings out of the threaded bb shell, and press them in the frame, they should be the same diameter.

Posted: Oct 23, 2019 at 22:08 Quote
drpepperrider2 wrote:
Bayo30 wrote:
Hey guys,

Just pop the bearings out of the threaded bb shell, and press them in the frame, they should be the same diameter.

Mate- yes same diameter, but the Saint crank uses a fixed spindle which is far wider than a standard 68mm BB- which will be the width of any BB with a Spanish fitting! You can't just pop out the bearings and shove them into a Spanish bracket without the support of an external BB! Hence the reason threaded MTB BB and cranks are designed to have external bearings. Putting a Saint crank into a 68mm Spanish bracket will not work... you have zero support for the spindle which will sit at least 1cm too wide each side. This is not rocket science... the list goes on

| Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015498
Mobile Version of Website