What should i run, sram or saint der

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
What should i run, sram or saint der
Previous Page |
Posted: Mar 28, 2011 at 9:49 Quote
I am deciding wheter to run saint or sram der on all my bikes, let me know what u think

Posted: Mar 28, 2011 at 9:51 Quote
Shimano in my opinion.

Posted: Mar 28, 2011 at 9:53 Quote
I have loved my Saint derailleur/shifter. I think Saint is more durable

Posted: Mar 28, 2011 at 9:53 Quote
There is a heated debate and some will say sram because of it's 1:1 ratio but to be honest i found it harder to set up my sram over the saint,saint is meant to get a whack and will last longer than sram.

Posted: Mar 28, 2011 at 9:54 Quote
Sram, and if youve got the extra cash go 10spd, with the rival derailleur, XX,x.0 or x.9 10spd shifters, ultegra cassette and chain, if you get it from universal cycles and use the VIP15 code it only costs $285 all together, you save over .5lbs(not a big deal) and the derailleur is smaller the spring is tighter and all around you get much better shifts.

Posted: Mar 28, 2011 at 9:55 Quote
marquis wrote:
There is a heated debate and some will say sram because of it's 1:1 ratio but to be honest i found it harder to set up my sram over the saint,saint is meant to get a whack and will last longer than sram.

Yeah, a lot of it is personal preference too

Posted: Mar 28, 2011 at 9:57 Quote
I run SRAM because I have found it to be easier to adjust yourself, and I prefer the feel of the shift levers. If you can afford XO, they are amazing, but X9 are great as well.
I recommend buying higher level shifters and getting a cheaper derailleur instead of a fancy derailleur and cheap shifters.

Posted: Mar 28, 2011 at 9:57 Quote
simcik wrote:
marquis wrote:

Yeah, a lot of it is personal preference too

People need to look at pricing too,in the us sram is cheaper than shimano and it's role reversal here,but people say oyu can buy spares for sram,the xo rear cage is 90 Quid here,that's a saint mech in pricing terms.

Posted: Mar 28, 2011 at 10:31 Quote
i've never owned a sram derailleur so i cant say anything about them. But i LUV my saint, they are durable, great shifting once u get it tuned, and they look cool. My shifts great and i dont even have a saint shifter, i use a shimano deore shifter just cuz i couldnt afford a shifter. So i would go with the saint.BTW i got my saint der. for 60 bucks on tree fort bikes.

Posted: Mar 28, 2011 at 10:32 Quote
A lot is personal preference. I personally prefer shimano over sram for many reasons. Sram is cheaper, but shimano maks a better product. Also changing cable on a shimano is night and day easier than sram. That alone would make me get shimano.

Posted: Mar 28, 2011 at 10:33 Quote
I recommend riding a bike that has sram, and than a bike with shimano - and than basing your purchase on first hand experience. as valuable as the information we can give you is, if everyone here tells you to buy saint and you do, and than you hate it, than all this was pretty useless eh?

Posted: Mar 28, 2011 at 10:37 Quote
ive never run sram in my life but i love my saint, for all i know sram might be way better, it may be way worse, but i never have problems with shimano good quality, BUT, not american.

Posted: Mar 28, 2011 at 10:38 Quote
devin-m wrote:
I recommend riding a bike that has sram, and than a bike with shimano - and than basing your purchase on first hand experience. as valuable as the information we can give you is, if everyone here tells you to buy saint and you do, and than you hate it, than all this was pretty useless eh?

You comparing sram vs shimano or sram vs a shimano Saint? huge difference.

Posted: Mar 28, 2011 at 10:43 Quote
Rigaud wrote:
devin-m wrote:

You comparing sram vs shimano or sram vs a shimano Saint? huge difference.

scram xo short cage

Previous Page |

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008157
Mobile Version of Website