What should i run, sram or saint der

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
What should i run, sram or saint der
Previous Page |
Author Message
Posted: Mar 28, 2011 at 9:49 Quote
I am deciding wheter to run saint or sram der on all my bikes, let me know what u think

Posted: Mar 28, 2011 at 9:51 Quote
Shimano in my opinion.

Posted: Mar 28, 2011 at 9:53 Quote
I have loved my Saint derailleur/shifter. I think Saint is more durable

Posted: Mar 28, 2011 at 9:53 Quote
There is a heated debate and some will say sram because of it's 1:1 ratio but to be honest i found it harder to set up my sram over the saint,saint is meant to get a whack and will last longer than sram.

Posted: Mar 28, 2011 at 9:54 Quote
Sram, and if youve got the extra cash go 10spd, with the rival derailleur, XX,x.0 or x.9 10spd shifters, ultegra cassette and chain, if you get it from universal cycles and use the VIP15 code it only costs $285 all together, you save over .5lbs(not a big deal) and the derailleur is smaller the spring is tighter and all around you get much better shifts.

Posted: Mar 28, 2011 at 9:55 Quote
marquis wrote:
There is a heated debate and some will say sram because of it's 1:1 ratio but to be honest i found it harder to set up my sram over the saint,saint is meant to get a whack and will last longer than sram.

Yeah, a lot of it is personal preference too

Posted: Mar 28, 2011 at 9:57 Quote
I run SRAM because I have found it to be easier to adjust yourself, and I prefer the feel of the shift levers. If you can afford XO, they are amazing, but X9 are great as well.
I recommend buying higher level shifters and getting a cheaper derailleur instead of a fancy derailleur and cheap shifters.

Posted: Mar 28, 2011 at 9:57 Quote
simcik wrote:
marquis wrote:
There is a heated debate and some will say sram because of it's 1:1 ratio but to be honest i found it harder to set up my sram over the saint,saint is meant to get a whack and will last longer than sram.

Yeah, a lot of it is personal preference too

People need to look at pricing too,in the us sram is cheaper than shimano and it's role reversal here,but people say oyu can buy spares for sram,the xo rear cage is 90 Quid here,that's a saint mech in pricing terms.

Posted: Mar 28, 2011 at 10:31 Quote
i've never owned a sram derailleur so i cant say anything about them. But i LUV my saint, they are durable, great shifting once u get it tuned, and they look cool. My shifts great and i dont even have a saint shifter, i use a shimano deore shifter just cuz i couldnt afford a shifter. So i would go with the saint.BTW i got my saint der. for 60 bucks on tree fort bikes.

Posted: Mar 28, 2011 at 10:32 Quote
A lot is personal preference. I personally prefer shimano over sram for many reasons. Sram is cheaper, but shimano maks a better product. Also changing cable on a shimano is night and day easier than sram. That alone would make me get shimano.

Posted: Mar 28, 2011 at 10:33 Quote
I recommend riding a bike that has sram, and than a bike with shimano - and than basing your purchase on first hand experience. as valuable as the information we can give you is, if everyone here tells you to buy saint and you do, and than you hate it, than all this was pretty useless eh?

Posted: Mar 28, 2011 at 10:37 Quote
ive never run sram in my life but i love my saint, for all i know sram might be way better, it may be way worse, but i never have problems with shimano good quality, BUT, not american.

Posted: Mar 28, 2011 at 10:38 Quote
devin-m wrote:
I recommend riding a bike that has sram, and than a bike with shimano - and than basing your purchase on first hand experience. as valuable as the information we can give you is, if everyone here tells you to buy saint and you do, and than you hate it, than all this was pretty useless eh?

You comparing sram vs shimano or sram vs a shimano Saint? huge difference.

Posted: Mar 28, 2011 at 10:43 Quote
Rigaud wrote:
devin-m wrote:
I recommend riding a bike that has sram, and than a bike with shimano - and than basing your purchase on first hand experience. as valuable as the information we can give you is, if everyone here tells you to buy saint and you do, and than you hate it, than all this was pretty useless eh?

You comparing sram vs shimano or sram vs a shimano Saint? huge difference.

scram xo short cage

Previous Page |

 
Active Forum Threads
5 mins ago - Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
25 mins ago - Need to find info on sun ringle charger TR rims
32 mins ago - Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
41 mins ago - Fast & Strong Gay,Lesbian & Homosexual Love spells in Malta Bormla +27731356845 Mama Jafali
42 mins ago - Voodoo homosexual love spells in Malta,the United Kingdom,Finland that works +27731356845 Prof Mama Jafali
43 mins ago - Powerful gay & Lesbian spells caster in Newport,Newry,Norwich,Nottingham +27731356845 Mama Jafali
44 mins ago - Top Ssd Solution to Clean Defaced Bank Notes +27731356845 in Ghana-South Africa-Namibia-Botswana-Zambia
44 mins ago - Get SSD Chemical for Defaced Black Notes +27731356845 Angola,SOUTH AFRICA,Zambia,Swaziland,Zimbabwe,Botswana,Lesotho 
45 mins ago - Super Automatic SSD Solution Call On +27731356845 in Africa-Asia-Europe-South Africa-Ghana-Zambia-Namibia-Zimbabwe
46 mins ago - Appropriate lost love spell caster +27731356845 Mama Jafali in Hull Bolton Walsall Plymouth Rotherham Singapore
46 mins ago - Extreme love"romance"attraction spell caster in Cheltenham Bassetlaw Scottish Borders Country +27731356845 Prof Mama Jafali
47 mins ago - Love spells Specialist in Sydney,Melbourne,Perth,Adelaide,New York +27731356845 Mama Jafali  
47 mins ago - Lost love spell caster in Stroud Wychavon Waveney Exeter Dover Test Valley Gloucester +27731356845 Prof Mama Jafali
48 mins ago - Lost love spell caster in Chatham-Kent Sydney Delta Dartmouth Thunder Bay,Waterloo +27731356845 Prof Mama Jafali
49 mins ago - Must Win Lotto Spells - Simple Lottery Spells That Work in Italy,Singapore,Japan,China +27731356845 Prof Mama Jafali
50 mins ago - Most powerful lottery spells caster +27731356845 in Australia,Canada,USA,UK,Spain,Singapore 
50 mins ago - Powerful Lottery Spell Caster In Canada,Europe,Oslo,Madrid,Norway +27731356845 Prof Mama Jafali
51 mins ago - Powerful Love Spells in Singapore-Norway +27731356845 London Australia Mississippi Terrebonne  
51 mins ago - Get your love back | Love marriage solution +27731356845 Mama Jafali in Norway, Australia,USA  
52 mins ago - Female Traditional Healer and Love Spells Caster in Asia,Dubai,Israel,Bahrain,Kuwait +27731356845 Prof Mama Jafali
53 mins ago - Get your love back | Love marriage solution +27731356845 Mama Jafali in Norway, Australia,USA,Singapore,UK,Germany,Kuwait
53 mins ago - Mechanics Quick Question Thread [Ask Questions Here]
54 mins ago - Best Female Traditional Healer and Love Spells Caster in USA,UK,UAE,Canada,Australia +27731356845 
54 mins ago - Get your love back | Love marriage solution +27731356845 Norway, Australia,USA,Singapore,Germany  
1 hours ago - Best Enduro/Freeride Bike for DH

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011124
Mobile Version of Website