What should i run, sram or saint der

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
What should i run, sram or saint der
Posted: Mar 28, 2011 at 15:28 Quote
marquis wrote:
Mini-freerider wrote:
marquis wrote:

If you can set and forget your not riding enough,i have never ever found a bike part that is set and forget.
Any raceface stem is pretty set and forget. Haha

Not so,you need to readjust the headset after the first few rides.:P
I hath found flaw.

Posted: Mar 28, 2011 at 15:49 Quote
Mini-freerider wrote:
marquis wrote:
Mini-freerider wrote:
Any raceface stem is pretty set and forget. Haha

Not so,you need to readjust the headset after the first few rides.:P
I hath found flaw.

And every few months for greasing.

Posted: Mar 28, 2011 at 16:37 Quote
i run xo but i really like saints cable routing it doesn;t get hung up on grass and shit

Posted: Mar 28, 2011 at 16:55 Quote
ctownbike wrote:
i run xo but i really like saints cable routing it doesn;t get hung up on grass and shit

Saint and X.0 have nigh-exact cable routing. Facepalm

Posted: Mar 28, 2011 at 17:00 Quote
have u seen were you cable end is? saint goes out the back. Xo raps around just like x9 or x7

Posted: Mar 28, 2011 at 18:36 Quote
this is not even a question. shimano all the way. having spent years in the industry and years in bike shops its shimano all the way. sram does not come close to them in manufacturing, materials used or design. I would run low end shimano over any sram product anyday. I prefer things to work when I take my bikes for a ride.

O and for everyone saying to mix sram and shimano it doesnt work well at all. each company has people working an every specific part to work with each other. this is especially true on the newest from both companys.

Posted: Mar 28, 2011 at 18:36 Quote
seraph wrote:
ctownbike wrote:

Posted: Mar 28, 2011 at 18:38 Quote
Kevosinn wrote:
seraph wrote:
ctownbike wrote:

no they dont

what the hell is nigh exact cable routing???? This thread is done. Shimano sucks........ go for SRAM X9, or X0 if your parents are paying for it. SRAM is less expensive, better performing, easier to tune and more durable. Done.

Posted: Mar 28, 2011 at 18:41 Quote
[Quote="ahlmanj2011"]
Kevosinn wrote:
seraph wrote:

what the hell is nigh exact cable routing?
hahaha

Posted: Mar 28, 2011 at 18:43 Quote
Kevosinn wrote:
ahlmanj2011 wrote:
Kevosinn wrote:

no they dont

hahaha

No actually though what is it.

Posted: Mar 28, 2011 at 18:44 Quote
i dont see what all the sram haters are talking about. i run an x5 shifter with an x9 deraileur on my bike and the only time ive had to replace anything since ive had the bike (7 1/2 months) was a shift lever after i smashed it pn a rock

Posted: Mar 28, 2011 at 20:06 Quote
ahlmanj2011 wrote:
Kevosinn wrote:
ahlmanj2011 wrote:

hahaha

Look up the definition for "nigh". Synonyms would be "almost" or "near".

Posted: Mar 28, 2011 at 23:39 Quote
ahlmanj2011 wrote:
Kevosinn wrote:
seraph wrote:

no they dont

what the hell is nigh exact cable routing???? This thread is done. Shimano sucks........ go for SRAM X9, or X0 if your parents are paying for it. SRAM is less expensive, better performing, easier to tune and more durable. Done.
have you ever used a shimano one? If not don't make
Biased views. My saint has withstood most things and it is very durable. Also go look at crc and compare the costs...the saint is far less expensive. However the xo is very good, but is when there is not much difference in terms of quality, with a higher price tag-go with the saint.

Posted: Mar 29, 2011 at 2:22 Quote
ahlmanj2011 wrote:
Kevosinn wrote:
seraph wrote:

no they dont

As for price i can not say in the usa but as for durability your having a laugh.

Posted: Mar 29, 2011 at 2:24 Quote
seraph wrote:
ahlmanj2011 wrote:
Kevosinn wrote:

hahaha

Look up the definition for "nigh". Synonyms would be "almost" or "near".

Your an american using british terms so people are gonna laugh,i understood you though Salute but he was right the pinch bolt placement on sram is kinda stupid.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012191
Mobile Version of Website