Calgay Indoor Bike Park Petition

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Calgay Indoor Bike Park Petition
Posted: Apr 3, 2011 at 8:00 Quote
giantgl0ryh0le wrote:
To be honest, it would probably be smarter to use this as a business plan. I mean how many people would pay a small fee to hit jumps indoors year round, oh there you a petition hidden as a market survey. Show that to your bank with a business plan and property layout get a loan and build a foam pit while you're at it, or you know get the city to build it and charge the tax payers... Just saiyan
That's what we are doing, getting the city to build it.

Posted: Apr 3, 2011 at 8:22 Quote
alexhoss wrote:
giantgl0ryh0le wrote:
To be honest, it would probably be smarter to use this as a business plan. I mean how many people would pay a small fee to hit jumps indoors year round, oh there you a petition hidden as a market survey. Show that to your bank with a business plan and property layout get a loan and build a foam pit while you're at it, or you know get the city to build it and charge the tax payers... Just saiyan

By getting the city to build the park you will have to go through alot of steps and I really doubt they will go for it due to already having built millennium park. What you should try to do is make a business plan, get some investors, and start it yourself. Or you could call rays and see if they would be interested in opening a park in Calgary after you show them the amount of signatures you guys have. Biggest thing I see being a problem is the land. I have looked into this idea in the past and to rent a decent size warehouse you are looking at around 4000 a month. I'm all for the idea I just think you guys need to go private with it.

Posted: Apr 3, 2011 at 8:30 Quote
I DON'T EVEN LIVE THERE, MAKE ONE I'LL f*ckING GO. -DANIEL ELLIOT

Posted: Apr 3, 2011 at 9:40 Quote
thats what the plan is we just want the park. the government is going to make the profit not us.

Posted: Apr 3, 2011 at 9:41 Quote
we are 14 tho we dont have the money to go private but im going to ask around once i get a good amount of signitures and show people that this will actually make them good money.

Posted: Apr 3, 2011 at 11:26 Quote
I think it's a great idea, we have bad weather 10 out of 12 months. Im looking forward to seeing how this turns put. It's about time calgary started to really think about getting an indoor bike park..

Posted: Apr 3, 2011 at 11:30 Quote
thats what gave me the idea and i talked too 2 of my friends and we are trying to make it happen. join our group on facebook and get ur friends to join as well. Thanks

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_136596163079699&ap=1

Posted: Apr 3, 2011 at 12:08 Quote
bigjerry wrote:
alexhoss wrote:
giantgl0ryh0le wrote:

By getting the city to build the park you will have to go through alot of steps and I really doubt they will go for it due to already having built millennium park. What you should try to do is make a business plan, get some investors, and start it yourself. Or you could call rays and see if they would be interested in opening a park in Calgary after you show them the amount of signatures you guys have. Biggest thing I see being a problem is the land. I have looked into this idea in the past and to rent a decent size warehouse you are looking at around 4000 a month. I'm all for the idea I just think you guys need to go private with it.
Ya being 14 I guess you have no choice but to try for the city to do it. And I'm assuming you missed the discontent in getting the tax payers to pay for it. Seeing as how maybe 1% of all tax layers would use it it's never going to happen. It has to be private, i too looked into land and warehouses a little while back you pretty much have to own the building or land outright to make any profit, because ya a lease is anywhere from 5-10000$ a month, just to break even it would be 20$/rider/day, I priced all this out before and even went tithe bank with my business plan and stuff so just go with this. Also the insurance cost is a limitation and you can only fit so many riders in at a time which limits revenue, which was the major factor of being rejected, they said I'd need to own a space as big as the soccer dome is se Calgary to make it worth while, f*cking banks

Posted: Apr 3, 2011 at 12:30 Quote
the city has about 43 million to spend in the next few months they might take this into consideration, im going to c.o.p on opening day to get signatures from all the riders we have a group on face book that went from 1 member to 600 in less than 24 hours. this might work. we are also getting sponcers. all i can do is go with it.

Posted: Apr 3, 2011 at 14:23 Quote
thanks for inviting me, i totally care about an indoor bike park in calgay, since i live in AMERICA

Posted: Apr 3, 2011 at 14:27 Quote
i didnt. alex hossack invited you. but its support dosnt matter where you live

Posted: Apr 4, 2011 at 11:00 Quote
i think we should get a legitimate outdoor park before we build an indoor one

Posted: Apr 4, 2011 at 15:53 Quote
I hope this goes through and we get a park

O+
Posted: Apr 4, 2011 at 19:28 Quote
I'm with you all the way man I'm the same age and i know what its like like i mean its April and we got like what 20 cm of snow?

Posted: Apr 5, 2011 at 19:41 Quote
Yes we really need one so many other citys do.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.197537
Mobile Version of Website