Sooooo... 2011 Boxxer WC steer tube cut too short...

PB Forum :: Downhill
Sooooo... 2011 Boxxer WC steer tube cut too short...
  • Next Page
Posted: Apr 18, 2011 at 20:59 Quote
oceen246 wrote:
themontajew wrote:
xwinger wrote:

ok mr. awesome'

my bike shop said it's $200

but theres an online shop in the US that sells for $127.00

i just want to find the best deal!
Then order it from the one in the us for 127$....... And online places are AALLLLWWWAAAYYYSSS goiong to be cheaper, less overhead, less service, less volume? How much help do you want/ need putting the new crown on, cause that 75$ in savings ads up on a fork rebuild that a shop wont help you do yourself if you order online

It looks like mr. Xwinder should get his ass to the bike shop. Sooo many question i;d love to have an answer to:
Did you cut the steerer?
Did you not realize it was a bit short when ordering the headset?

Now for a real life input, You are better off spending our money on a better headset if you have the coin to buy a boxxer worldcup. As a matter of fact, if you did not cut the steerer, it means you bought the fork used. For the money, you could have bought a brand new boxxer team (uncut steer tube and warranty!!!). This is not pointed at you or to make you feel bad but it is better in the long run to brand new buy forks/frame because almost everything else on a dh bike is disposable, Also mr TMJ above explained the advantage of dealing locally. Most LBS will look out for you, they will warranty things no online retailer would!

thanks for making me feel bad!!!!!!

it came off a 2011 demo 8.......... cut by specialized themselves

problem is.. im not sure it will fit if i get an expensive 0 rise headset, then that's $$ down the drain. and it's hard to do things when you don't have one of the tools for removing headsets and the bike shop charges $20 to do it!!!

im a little pissed at how the bike shop i went to only wanted my money and didnt actually care about me or my bike... that's why im hesitant about ordering through the store

so much on my mind!!!

Posted: Apr 18, 2011 at 21:02 Quote
what oceen said, if you could afford a world cup, but can't afford a zero stack headset, your better off just selling the fork, and buying one you can afford.

Posted: Apr 18, 2011 at 21:07 Quote
xwinger wrote:
oceen246 wrote:
themontajew wrote:

Then order it from the one in the us for 127$....... And online places are AALLLLWWWAAAYYYSSS goiong to be cheaper, less overhead, less service, less volume? How much help do you want/ need putting the new crown on, cause that 75$ in savings ads up on a fork rebuild that a shop wont help you do yourself if you order online

It looks like mr. Xwinder should get his ass to the bike shop. Sooo many question i;d love to have an answer to:
Did you cut the steerer?
Did you not realize it was a bit short when ordering the headset?

Now for a real life input, You are better off spending our money on a better headset if you have the coin to buy a boxxer worldcup. As a matter of fact, if you did not cut the steerer, it means you bought the fork used. For the money, you could have bought a brand new boxxer team (uncut steer tube and warranty!!!). This is not pointed at you or to make you feel bad but it is better in the long run to brand new buy forks/frame because almost everything else on a dh bike is disposable, Also mr TMJ above explained the advantage of dealing locally. Most LBS will look out for you, they will warranty things no online retailer would!

thanks for making me feel bad!!!!!!

problem is.. im not sure it will fit if i get an expensive 0 rise headset, then that's $$ down the drain. and it's hard to do things when you don't have one of the tools for removing headsets and the bike shop charges $20 to do it!!!

im a little pissed at how the bike shop i went to only wanted my money and didnt actually care about me or my bike... that's why im hesitant about ordering through the store

so much on my mind!!!

Don't try and tell us there's only one bike shop in your vicinity. If you're willing to make a drive, I'm SURE you can find another that cares about its customers.

Posted: Apr 18, 2011 at 21:34 Quote
slobikerider wrote:
what oceen said, if you could afford a world cup, but can't afford a zero stack headset, your better off just selling the fork, and buying one you can afford.

theres a difference between being able to afford it and being able to afford it *and it might not work so i just threw out $160*

Posted: Apr 19, 2011 at 15:57 Quote
dude, just buy a new crown or a zs headset. its not that hard. all the options that you have will end up costing you some money, so stop bitching about how its so expensive. you made a stupid mistake and fixing it wont be free.

O+
Posted: Apr 22, 2011 at 16:32 Quote
check out my buy and sell I may have what you need.

Posted: Apr 22, 2011 at 16:37 Quote
I dont know much about Dual crown forks.. but if its possible to replace the lower crown.. why dont uu just slide it up?
Like i said i dont know much about DC Forks but if uu can take it off.. uu could probably adjust it no?

Posted: Sep 19, 2011 at 14:00 Quote
i read truth some of the staff hear and i want to get boxxer fork to but my stear tube is 8.5 in and all the forks on pnkbikes are lesst then 8in they are 7.5 and shorter any one knows what is the original height for new fork i want to get used fork like i found red boxxer for 250 and it stile 7.3 in any help for me to

Posted: Sep 20, 2011 at 8:40 Quote
Measure twice, cut once

Posted: Sep 20, 2011 at 14:50 Quote
xwinger wrote:

Hahah, yeah, hate to laugh, but those were cut extremely short. To even have a chance, it has to be a zero stack headset, and a DM stem.

Edit, sorry didn't realize the OP was from 6 months ago.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019159
Mobile Version of Website