Avid Elixir r slc problem

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Avid Elixir r slc problem
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Apr 19, 2011 at 9:16 Quote
I know there have been a couple of other threads similar to this one, but my question is slightly different..

I've had two problems at once! After a long time of not being able to get out on my bike because of exams and things, I finally managed to get it out of the shed again. However, I had problems with my rear Avid elixir r slc brake!

Firstly, the calliper is pressed very tightly against the disc, I can't even move the wheel sometimes, although before I left it, it was fine - I have tried pushing out the pistons manually with a screwdriver and realigning.. anyone know why and what to do?

Secondly, on the lever for the rear brake, it doesn't have any gap before it starts to grip (for obvious reasons). However, it doesn't spring back to the place it should do, and when I push it back, it kinda clicks into place. Then when I pull it again, it clicks again.. any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Posted: Apr 19, 2011 at 16:00 Quote
By the sounds of your second problem you are just pushing the lever into the position where they move, I don't know the techinical term but I presume it is just to avoid little breakages in freight or stacks, there is no movement of oil fluid through ths system at this stage.

As for your first problem it sounds as though the pistons have been pushed out but you say you pushed the back in. Try the old card between each side of the disc and braking to realign them.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007387
Mobile Version of Website