Boxxer disassemble problem

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Boxxer disassemble problem
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Apr 20, 2011 at 21:45 Quote
I'm putting new seals in my boxxer race forks. Got one out have problems with the compression one the bottom bolt keeps spinning... I think the shock part inside is spinning that's why but how do I brake it loose?

O+
Posted: Apr 20, 2011 at 21:58 Quote
load the fork a bit and you'll get it to bust loose.

Posted: Apr 20, 2011 at 22:21 Quote
It's not stuck though it just keeps spinning not striped either

O+
Posted: Apr 21, 2011 at 7:09 Quote
yeah I know, load the fork. your damping piston is just spinning.compress the fork and break it loose. on some forks that do this i've had to flip the bike upside down, put my foot on the fork brace and bounce the fork while turning the wrench

Posted: Apr 21, 2011 at 13:19 Quote
Alright I'll try that thanks

O+ FL
Posted: May 6, 2012 at 18:12 Quote
i have the same problem and its not working loading the fork. any ideas?

O+
Posted: May 6, 2012 at 18:19 Quote
Motoracer31 wrote:
i have the same problem and its not working loading the fork. any ideas?

I've also used an impact wrench (air or electric will work) while doing the foot bouncing trick. The idea is getting the bolt to spin fast enough it brakes loose from the damping shaft. You can also try gently putting force pulling the lower down rather than compresing

Posted: May 7, 2012 at 12:42 Quote
I had the same problem a few years ago.
I put grease on the thread and i pulled the damping rod up and if worked.
Or and air wrench to make the bolt spin faster than the cartridge itself.

Posted: Mar 30, 2013 at 12:04 Quote
Greetings
Please help, i have rs boxxer rc 2010, is the stiffness of the damper side and spring side the same? ... I did the whole service, put all new oil also, following the manual with Rock Shox pages and lots of videos, and in the end realized that the damper side is soft, i squeeze top tube with my hand hand and it goes halfway down, also you can hear a constant moving and the passage of oil somewhere, additionally between the stanchion and the lowers bushing some air passes when i squeeze with my hand down.

I've checked three times everything and did not see any mistake, unless this all should be so (though I doubt it).
THANKS !

O+
Posted: Apr 1, 2013 at 19:19 Quote
Spring and damper side are completely different and do different things. During the service you should have noticed that virtually nothing is the same between the two

Posted: Apr 1, 2013 at 22:21 Quote
I figured it all out , also thank you for your help Big Grin

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011037
Mobile Version of Website