Gaint Reign ( not X) or Specialized Stumpjumper

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Gaint Reign ( not X) or Specialized Stumpjumper
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Apr 28, 2011 at 17:16 Quote
I'm looking this two bikes, anybody have some advice!?

Posted: Apr 29, 2011 at 10:40 Quote
My advice is to give more information. (the kind of riding you do, what your expectations are, etc)

O+
Posted: Apr 30, 2011 at 6:15 Quote
brianl wrote:
My advice is to give more information. (the kind of riding you do, what your expectations are, etc)

Agreed. I can also just add that I don't know anything about the Stumpjumper, but I have a 2011 Reign 1 and I love it. It does well even in XC, and is great value.

Posted: Apr 30, 2011 at 19:08 Quote
OK OK, I know !!! but i'm so laze to write, but not for ride( thx god) Smile

My idea is build up a bike with a reign or a stumpjumper Frame, the specs are not important to me, but i want make a bike with 28lbs and fox talas 150 for reign, 140 for stumpjumper.
the intend use is for XC, 30-60 km and some times technical trails and whistler area for a while

O+
Posted: May 1, 2011 at 5:48 Quote
Nithzen wrote:

My idea is build up a bike with a reign or a stumpjumper Frame, the specs are not important to me, but i want make a bike with 28lbs and fox talas 150 for reign, 140 for stumpjumper.
the intend use is for XC, 30-60 km and some times technical trails and whistler area for a while

I take the Reign on XC rides, anywhere from 20-50 km, 3-4 times a week. It has done very very well in some of the slickest, rootiest, technical stuff I've ever seen, and I can climb on it as well or better than on my Cove HT.

I haven't weighed it so I don't know if 28 is reasonable.

But I'd suggest buying the whole thing for the value, unless money is not much of a big deal.

Posted: May 3, 2011 at 14:58 Quote
mudisgood wrote:
Nithzen wrote:

I take the Reign on XC rides, anywhere from 20-50 km, 3-4 times a week. It has done very very well in some of the slickest, rootiest, technical stuff I've ever seen, and I can climb on it as well or better than on my Cove HT.

I haven't weighed it so I don't know if 28 is reasonable.

But I'd suggest buying the whole thing for the value, unless money is not much of a big deal.

In the giant website say +- 29, and another guy say 30 for a large size. I like reign 0, but i think is a little expencive and reign 1 is to have with the wheelset and lx groupset.
A friend my have a large stumpjumper 2010 elit with 29 pounds, and i have a old model 2006 , 28 pound and i like very well, climbs good but not like a HT, even with lockout.

Posted: May 3, 2011 at 15:06 Quote
It always depend on how you build it ! You can easily acheive your 28 pounds mark with a reign, But out of the box it is around 29 to 31 (XL reign 2).

Posted: May 3, 2011 at 15:45 Quote
Are we talking SJ FSR...... because you can get like 9 setups on that rig.

Posted: May 5, 2011 at 10:29 Quote
My buddy has a 2009 stumpy with a talas, and its a very nice bike. Very flickable and very sturdy.
I prefer bigger bikes like enduros and remedys (but im a big guy), but for a light guy like him it rocks.

I wouldnt hesitate buying one... Giant is kinda ... meh....

Posted: May 5, 2011 at 11:08 Quote
digital-criminal wrote:
My buddy has a 2009 stumpy with a talas, and its a very nice bike. Very flickable and very sturdy.
I prefer bigger bikes like enduros and remedys (but im a big guy), but for a light guy like him it rocks.

Giant is kinda meh... how? Reign 1 has great suspension, and a pretty nice spec at a decent price.

Posted: May 5, 2011 at 22:44 Quote
brianl wrote:
digital-criminal wrote:

Giant is kinda meh... how? Reign 1 has great suspension, and a pretty nice spec at a decent price.

I don't think theyre are a bad choice, if anything they are great value.
I just think they are a bit boring.. Nothing more.

Posted: May 5, 2011 at 22:54 Quote
I vouch for the SJ FSR.
photo

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.054322
Mobile Version of Website