All parts needed to build a dj bike

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
All parts needed to build a dj bike
| Next Page
Posted: Jun 9, 2011 at 9:19 Quote
accidently ordered english bb need euro bb..... def not the same thing right ? what are my options if any...

Posted: Jun 9, 2011 at 9:30 Quote
Not sure, I didn't know there was a difference! I just bought a BB off of CRC!

Posted: Jun 9, 2011 at 10:12 Quote
Here's a little explanation of bottom bracket sizes...

USA BB - The old BMX standard. Uses large bearings which are pre-fitted into cups, which then press into the frame.
Mid BB - Uses same size bearings as USA BB but with no cups, instead they press directly into frame.
Spannish BB - Same idea as Mid BB but smaller bearings.
Euro BB = Threaded cups with pre-fitted bearings. These screw into the frame.

For your frame you deffo need a Euro BB.

Another thing to note is that bearing size will dictate what cranks you can use, or vise versa. The centre hole in BB bearings is usually either 19mm or 22mm, so you need to think what cranks you're going to buy to suit. Most cranks are 19mm axle so might be worth getting a 19mm Euro BB. Saying that, some BBs are 22mm but come with spacers / adaptors to allow use of 19mm cranks... so that might be something to consider too, cos then you can run any cranks (except the very few with 20mm axles).

Anything else you're unsure of post here and I'll try and help later today / tomorrow... I've built lots of BMXs from scratch and currently building my 2nd jump bike (between pay cheques like you!), so I totally feel your pain when it comes to differing sizes and standards!

Posted: Jun 9, 2011 at 11:13 Quote
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&rt=nc&nma=true&item=380342920390&si=pV4oa3JdVoKIDKOAFT7tNTwCtNU%253D&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT#ht_3955wt_858

this is what I bought...its threaded...but not euro english?..Ive kinda read they are the same euro=english??

Posted: Jun 9, 2011 at 11:44 Quote
should fit your frame, you will need one of these tools for the job though...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fat-Spanner-X-Type-Bottom-Bracket-Tool-Shimano-Sram-etc-/280645001167?pt=UK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&hash=item4157bedfcf

the American/Canadian equivalent is probably cheaper though

Posted: Jun 2, 2015 at 17:03 Quote
stickman1234 wrote:
youll need, frame,wheels,tires,stem,bars,fork,headset,seat,seatpost,pedals,cranks, and if cranks dont come with a bottom bracket youll need that too, grips, break, hubs in wheels dont come with, seat clamp. and i think thats it correct me if i missed any thing

Posted: May 30, 2022 at 21:42 Quote
how did the bike turn out lol

Posted: May 31, 2022 at 6:57 Quote
how did life turn out?

Posted: Jun 12, 2022 at 2:48 Quote
cmc4130 wrote:
how did life turn out?
XD

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008555
Mobile Version of Website