Dirt Jumping Bike Weight

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jumping Bike Weight
| Next Page
Posted: May 10, 2011 at 9:53 Quote
Havn't weighed mine recently but i reckon its about 27.5lbs. I feel totaly comfortable with that weight.

Posted: Jul 16, 2013 at 19:07 Quote
the dirt jumper i wanna get is just over 30lbs is that to much? hope can i lower the weight?

Posted: Jul 17, 2013 at 21:40 Quote
biking4dayz wrote:
the dirt jumper i wanna get is just over 30lbs is that to much? hope can i lower the weight?

A huge chunk of that is probably in the wheel set it comes with. As with the bike I just bought, the first thing I'm doing is swapping out the wheel set to a lighter 32h and ditching the ditch witch 36h and junk hubs it came with, but hey, I only paid $400 for the whole bike.

Posted: Aug 26, 2013 at 12:10 Quote
its personal preference. my deity is at 25 lbs. its not super light except where its needed. wheels are hella light, profile elites, ti driver ti bolts, ceramic bearings, butted spokes, alum nips, mtx rims (which are a little heavier but strong as hell) rotational weight can make or break the feel of the bike. forks are a pretty big deal too. you don't want your ride to be fat in the front end. and if you really wanna shed some lbs where it counts, don't eat mcdonalds.

Posted: May 27, 2014 at 8:18 Quote
my trek 3700 is 22 ind if can feel a little twitchy at times

Posted: May 30, 2014 at 16:42 Quote
my 26Player is just over 25lbs. I saved weight on my fork (Argyle 409 Solo Air) and bars (BlkMrkt BadaBoom), I'm running a heavy wheel/tire combo (Mavic 729, brass nipples, Holy Rollers) but thats just personal preference, I like to beat the hell outta my wheelset and have it stay straight.

Posted: Mar 26, 2017 at 5:37 Quote
Hi! I am new here.
Just asking how come your bikes were so light? Mine is about 13-14kg

my Rig:
2010 Spank tweet tweet frame
Kore revira stem
Generic 6061 handlebars (740mm)
circus expert 80mm
old Da bomb wheelset
Hussefelt cranks 32T on 13T
PVC pedal pads
holy roller tires 26 x 2.2
padded saddle and generic carbon seat post
deore brake system

Hope I am on the ride thread.

Cheers!

Posted: Mar 26, 2017 at 7:10 Quote
You have old heavy parts...

Those Holy Rollers for example, great tire used to run them myself, the Maxxis DTH is 200g lighter PER TIRE..

Your old wheels...heavy, generic parts...heavy, husfellt cracks... heavy...ect..

Posted: Mar 26, 2017 at 7:45 Quote
Would a bmx cranks much lighter than hussefelts?
Handle bar is around 380g
I will try switching tires first

I will post soon

Thanks

Posted: Mar 26, 2017 at 9:21 Quote
markphilip wrote:

I will post soon

Thanks

The difference is minimal, but it all adds up..

The biggest weight savings are in tires/wheels/tubes..

They also have the biggest change in feel, I mentioned the tires, HUGE difference, instantly. .

Posted: Mar 27, 2017 at 6:58 Quote
Aaronz25RS wrote:
markphilip wrote:

I will post soon

Thanks

They also have the biggest change in feel, I mentioned the tires, HUGE difference, instantly. .

Cheers!

it will not be soon to change rubbers, I'm excited to feel the change

Posted: May 7, 2017 at 0:52 Quote
markphilip wrote:
Aaronz25RS wrote:
markphilip wrote:

I will post soon

Thanks

Cheers!

it will not be soon to change rubbers, I'm excited to feel the change

byebye to my Hussy crankset, switched to Deore XT. just because it is a good bargain at 800HKD
I am not sure if that reduces the weight, Lol

Posted: Jul 2, 2019 at 22:26 Quote
i just bought a 2017 Transition Triple. Here's the SOLD page: https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2559376/ It was 28.4 lbs when i got it.
It came with a Deity seat and post which i switched with a longer Banshee post and embarrassingly a $25 Kona seat.(temporary)
i switched the V Sixty pedals for Aluminium Wah Wah II's.
i switched the Maxxis Ikon's for some Kenda K-Rads because i use my bike for everything not just dirt jumps, they're WAY more durable. i also tubed the front tire, when i got it it was tubeless.

It now weighs 30.1 lbs. With the new seat i can drop half a pound probably. i'm a 210 lb dude though. i like to feel something under me even when i'm jumping. And like the guy that said he tried a 22 lb DJ, it was just squirrely, he said sketchy but i like squirrely better. Big Grin

So yeah i agree with the 30 lb or less theory. Oh! It was built with a rear derailleur which i plan to fixie so i think i can get it back to 28 lbs. Yeah 28 with a rear shock is nice for me.

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010634
Mobile Version of Website