Tips on landing 180's flat

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Tips on landing 180's flat
  • Previous Page
Posted: May 8, 2011 at 8:24 Quote
Hi, ive just learnt 180's basically, i can land them every time on a bank but when i try them flat as soon as i land for some reason my foot automatically comes off. Any tips ?

Posted: May 8, 2011 at 8:39 Quote
try it the opposite way flat

Posted: May 8, 2011 at 8:47 Quote
Practice, Practice, Practice. Go outside for 2-3 hours and only do this, you'll get them easily

Posted: May 8, 2011 at 8:48 Quote
just gotta keep building confidence by practicing and you'll get em!

Posted: May 8, 2011 at 8:56 Quote
cheers guy, ive tryed spinning the opposite way lol didnt go well, and yh i didnt go out today so ive been practasing on off all day

Posted: May 8, 2011 at 10:37 Quote
i had the same problem, hop higher and slow down the spin, so its not as scary. otehr than that its repeition. theres no golden tip. they took me like, 5 months to take. i learned 180s and my friends started doing 360s Blank Stare im all caught up now, but it'll be discouraging.

Posted: May 8, 2011 at 12:43 Quote
yh i almost got them now, my garden is like fully grass though so i cant practice fakies very well out of them so just have to ride fowards with a lot of pressure on the pedals lol, but as i said almost got them, if i keep at it after school everyday of the week i think i should have them by the weekend

Posted: May 8, 2011 at 13:57 Quote
best advice i can give is start trying them on less steep banks untill you can do it on just a little slope then keeptrying on flat and remember to lean back a bit in the air to get ready for the fakie, thats how i learned them Big Grin

Posted: May 8, 2011 at 14:10 Quote
also remember you need to go fairly fast, my foot kept coming off untill i sped up abit...

Posted: May 8, 2011 at 16:28 Quote
Go faster and commit, I never got flat 180s until I stopped being such a pussy and did them faster, worst thing is when you don't commit and you get halfway and your back wheel just doesn't do anything. Also try to carve less and work on the hop, just turn slightly, lean over to the opposite way you spin, hop and look over your shoulder, you'll only hit 90 the first few tries but it's a much better way to learn it if you ever want to be 180ing over things. Leaning over the side gets allot of the spin for you as when you hop your legs pull back in, so you don't have to put as much effort into the spin, helped me allot.

Posted: May 8, 2011 at 17:57 Quote
ya deffinitely the best tip i can give u is roll fast look over your shoulder and commit, i had problems putting my footdown so this is from experience

Posted: May 11, 2011 at 5:39 Quote
i learnt them really weird. what i did was start by carving 90 then hopping the rest of the 90, then carve 80 and hop the rest then carve less and less till you get there

Posted: May 11, 2011 at 7:04 Quote
tacoved wrote:
i had the same problem, hop higher and slow down the spin, so its not as scary. otehr than that its repeition. theres no golden tip. they took me like, 5 months to take. i learned 180s and my friends started doing 360s Blank Stare im all caught up now, but it'll be discouraging.
that makes me so annoyed when that happens. After u got 180s how long did it take u to get 3s? did u do 3 taps first?

Posted: May 11, 2011 at 7:06 Quote
fooby wrote:
Go faster and commit, I never got flat 180s until I stopped being such a pussy and did them faster, worst thing is when you don't commit and you get halfway and your back wheel just doesn't do anything. Also try to carve less and work on the hop, just turn slightly, lean over to the opposite way you spin, hop and look over your shoulder, you'll only hit 90 the first few tries but it's a much better way to learn it if you ever want to be 180ing over things. Leaning over the side gets allot of the spin for you as when you hop your legs pull back in, so you don't have to put as much effort into the spin, helped me allot.
this also really helps when getting out of fakie. also try to keep your weight back over the rear tire, otherwise you'l be straining to much to spin/pivot out of fakie. So bottom line is that your butt should be back and then over to which ever side is opposite that you spin. I spin clockwise, so i put my weight back and to the left.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010158
Mobile Version of Website