Should I Get The Kona Stinky Air

PB Forum :: Kona
Should I Get The Kona Stinky Air
  • Previous Page
Posted: Dec 8, 2007 at 10:00 Quote
should i get the new kona stinky air

http://konaworld.com/08_stinkyair_c.htm

Posted: Dec 8, 2007 at 10:02 Quote
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://konaworld.com/08_stinkyair_c.htm

Posted: Dec 8, 2007 at 11:27 Quote
yes or no ineed answers

Posted: Dec 8, 2007 at 11:31 Quote
do it up man, looks sick

Posted: Dec 8, 2007 at 11:43 Quote
go for it,it's the most beautifull stinky ever made.That thing looks so amazing

Posted: Dec 8, 2007 at 12:32 Quote
i geuss that thats a yes

Posted: Dec 25, 2007 at 2:41 Quote
There seems to be a conspiracy by companies to put air on 08 freeride bikes. Ok it makes a bike lighter but how long is it going to be before the suspension gives up? There are plenty of air reliability problem stories out there. I've ridden both air and coil suspension and nothing beats good ol' coil & oil.
If you want a lighter freeride bike buy the air but be ready to service your suspension twice as much as with coil.
I've got a Coiler with DHX 5.0 coil shock & Vanilla RC2 coil fork and I've taken weight out of the bike in other ways such as - light saddle with Ti rails & Easton EA70 seatpost, Wellgo MG1 Magnesium pedals (the new Kona Wah Wah pedals are 100g lighter than most others), XTR drivetrain (apart from Saint cranks), foldable tyres & light tubes (Bontrager Big Earl 2.5 is a tough foldable), light Easton EA70 bars & 50mm Vice stem, removed the Dope floating brake (1lb weight loss)cos I can live with a bit of brake jack, lighter wheels with Hadley hubs, double butted spokes and Singletrack rims etc. Ok I've spent a lot of money and you don't have to go this far but you can probably get my drift - if you replace someting buy a light & strong part.

Posted: Dec 25, 2007 at 13:36 Quote
yes or no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted: Dec 25, 2007 at 14:51 Quote
i probably wont get it

Posted: Dec 25, 2007 at 14:52 Quote
dirtdevils wrote:
yes or no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well... here's a little trick. Ask yourself "do I want a Kona Stinky Air?"

It's a thing called logic based on the fact that only you know what's best for you.

What's next - should I have cornflakes or coco puffs for breakfast? Think for yourself man! If you're not sure whether the bike will suit your needs then do some goddamn research and figure it out for yourself - stop being so lazy!

Posted: Dec 25, 2007 at 14:59 Quote
dirtdevils wrote:
i probably wont get it

because?????

Posted: Dec 25, 2007 at 19:02 Quote
Your 12, how the hell can you afford a bike like that?

Posted: Dec 25, 2007 at 19:05 Quote
if u just ride around the streets, dont get it. if u bike a lot and do alot of fr and dh get it. kinda pointless tho, just get a stinky or stinky delux.

Posted: Dec 25, 2007 at 19:23 Quote
get a transition Smile they are the best. kona is the starbucks of biking. hteyre not that good but ppl get em anyway

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010567
Mobile Version of Website