Intense M9 Set Up

PB Forum :: Downhill
Intense M9 Set Up
Posted: Mar 13, 2014 at 17:04 Quote
fattrick wrote:
Planing on buying an M9 for this summer. Being 210 pounds, what spring should i start with on the CCDB?

See the CCDB section near the back of the M9 manual as z-man is on the mark

http://www.dogstar.no/intense-tech/m9_ownersmanual.pdf

O+
Posted: Mar 13, 2014 at 17:34 Quote
scrammer wrote:
fattrick wrote:
Planing on buying an M9 for this summer. Being 210 pounds, what spring should i start with on the CCDB?

See the CCDB section near the back of the M9 manual as z-man is on the mark

http://www.dogstar.no/intense-tech/m9_ownersmanual.pdf

Thank you mate. That is very helpful

O+
Posted: Mar 19, 2014 at 5:55 Quote
My M9! Have yet to get it out due to snow coverage. Bummer. Interested in playing with the tons of settings.

2013 Limited Edition M9 FRO Flo orange gold bling kit and carbon upper link . Dorado Expert CCDB Full Avid XO drivetrain XO Trail brakes RaceFace Atlas bars Hope pedals Hope 36T chainring Hope post clamp Hope Evo Pro II hubs Mavic EX721 rims Maxxis DHF ST Front and DHR II 3C Rear.
  2013 Limited Edition M9 FRO (Flo orange, gold bling kit, and carbon upper link). Dorado Expert, CCDB, Full Avid XO drivetrain, XO Trail brakes, RaceFace Atlas bars, Hope pedals, Hope 36T chainring, Hope post clamp, Hope Evo Pro II hubs, Mavic EX721 rims, Maxxis DHF ST Front and DHR II 3C Rear.

O+ FL
Posted: Mar 19, 2014 at 6:14 Quote
Sweet build! Almost as nice as mine was Wink
What's the weight? 38lbs?

O+
Posted: Mar 19, 2014 at 6:20 Quote
z-man wrote:
Sweet build! Almost as nice as mine was Wink
What's the weight? 38lbs?

Close! 38.5lb. May do a Ti spring before the season starts which should drop that half pound though!

Posted: Mar 19, 2014 at 10:42 Quote
am i the only one who runs a vivid air in his m9?

O+ FL
Posted: Mar 19, 2014 at 12:12 Quote
KlanaRadikala wrote:

I hope so!

Posted: Mar 19, 2014 at 12:58 Quote
z-man wrote:
KlanaRadikala wrote:

I hope so!

why this?

Posted: Mar 19, 2014 at 14:07 Quote
Mate had one on his after his RC4 failed, bought a CCDB a week after as he said the vivid didn't feel like it was getting it's full travel and was very "sticky".

Posted: Mar 19, 2014 at 14:42 Quote
a guy here in Austria says the opposite. he says that with the vivid he plow through the travel, and that´s more like that what i fell when riding it, even when i' m not bottoming it out. I'm riding in the most progressive setting on the frame and still use the full travel in compressions and on landings, which comes maybe because of the false tune (low compression tune)

Posted: Mar 19, 2014 at 15:03 Quote
Hmm. Another mate had your issue but on a different frame, V10 I think.

O+ FL
Posted: Mar 19, 2014 at 17:11 Quote
Yeah SRAM stuff is never consistent.
Good designs, terrible excicution.

Posted: Mar 20, 2014 at 3:25 Quote
yep, i was always more a FOX fan. just bought the boxxer wc/vivid air to try them. but on my scalp they worked both good. the boxxer isn't so smooth as my 40 or kowa was, but it stands higher in it's travel and i've got the feeling it allows my to go faster on really rough stuff. for the vivid air i'm trying to find the right setup for the m9, and if i can't fand it, i'll go for a bos void or ccdb air. or a full marzocchi setup with 380 and moto. or when there will be an air version of the rc4 maybe a new fox setup

Posted: Mar 20, 2014 at 4:40 Quote
KlanaRadikala wrote:
yep, i was always more a FOX fan. just bought the boxxer wc/vivid air to try them. but on my scalp they worked both good. the boxxer isn't so smooth as my 40 or kowa was, but it stands higher in it's travel and i've got the feeling it allows my to go faster on really rough stuff. for the vivid air i'm trying to find the right setup for the m9, and if i can't fand it, i'll go for a bos void or ccdb air. or a full marzocchi setup with 380 and moto. or when there will be an air version of the rc4 maybe a new fox setup
BOS Void looks so boss...

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.024920
Mobile Version of Website