Hydraulic brakes on a small budget

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Hydraulic brakes on a small budget
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: May 11, 2011 at 5:38 Quote
Hi all

Im looking for a set of hydraulic brakes but i only have a very small budget (about £100 Rolleyes ) and would like to know if clarks Skeletal brakes are any good

Thanks for any help ozzie

Posted: May 14, 2011 at 2:04 Quote
I've used the Skeletal brake set for about eight months now. I have ridden below -40º in the middle of January, ridden in the rain and used them in the mud during breakup season (Fairbanks, Alaska).

A couple complaints I have with them is the modulation isn't that awesome and the levers rattle if your fingers aren't on them while going down a bumpy trail. The reach adjust tends to adjust themselves, but a bit of Loctite adds enough friction to solve this. They're a great brake to start off with if it's your first hydro.

Posted: May 14, 2011 at 2:16 Quote
what about bb7 mechs?

Posted: May 14, 2011 at 3:18 Quote
ozzie800 wrote:
Hi all

Im looking for a set of hydraulic brakes but i only have a very small budget (about £100 Rolleyes ) and would like to know if clarks Skeletal brakes are any good

I'm sure this is a forum violation and I do apologize but Cambriabike has some ridiculous deals on Marta SLs and Louise I believe. I think the Martas are maybe $69USD a side down from $269ish. Once again, I am sorry for posting this but I am trying to save the guy a buck or two which seems to be the premise of his requested post.

Thanks,
Andrew.

Posted: May 14, 2011 at 3:20 Quote
neext, that is fine, posting up links and sites, just dont solicit your own site to try and get hits, in a case like this it would be fine, and dont try and sell your own stuff unless it is part of the question

Posted: May 14, 2011 at 3:26 Quote
Any links to deals/shops are totally fine,it's only if you try and sell your own stuff.

Posted: May 14, 2011 at 3:44 Quote
what if you try and sell your own stuff in order to answer the question ie, anyone know where i can get an ns suburban frame for £100, yes look here and it links to a buy and sell page of yours?

Posted: May 14, 2011 at 5:04 Quote
ozzie800 wrote:
Hi all

100 is a fine amount. ive got shimano m575 brake set. on my dh bike and my HT. there really really good brakes. and only £50 each

Posted: May 15, 2011 at 19:55 Quote
Hayes was showing off a new set of budget hydros who's name I forget at sea otter. around $80 a side, no idea when they go on sale,

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009366
Mobile Version of Website