Manitou...yay or nay ( general suspension talk )

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Manitou...yay or nay ( general suspension talk )
| Next Page
Posted: Jun 12, 2017 at 19:24 Quote
GlennM907 wrote:
Anyone riding a Mattoc with IRT?

I have had the irt in my mattoc for a while now - I found I can run lower main pressure giving excellent small bump compliance, dial in the HBO for big hits, and the irt offers superior mid travel support then the iva spacers it originally had. A very worthy upgrade. Not sure why it is not stock on the mattoc pro.

Posted: Jun 12, 2017 at 23:42 Quote
onemind123 wrote:
GlennM907 wrote:
Anyone riding a Mattoc with IRT?

I have had the irt in my mattoc for a while now - I found I can run lower main pressure giving excellent small bump compliance, dial in the HBO for big hits, and the irt offers superior mid travel support then the iva spacers it originally had. A very worthy upgrade. Not sure why it is not stock on the mattoc pro.

I think the entire 2016 Ragley kit lineup had Manitous. This year they have Rockshox. Seems a shame when for the same price as a Yari, they could have better dampers and IRT. For that matter, I wonder why Rockshox and Fox haven't caught on to the tech yet. The revelation, the revolution, the slidy plastic circle on a stick.

Posted: Jun 15, 2017 at 19:55 Quote
My Mattoc Expert came today. It's a fresh 2014 model, never been mounted, uncut steerer. Couldn't be much happier with the slipperyness of the dust seals and performance of the HSC circuit. It'll be a few weeks before I can pull it apart to convert it to 27.5. The Hexloc QR15 axle is great, I don't know why they quit making them. Once the skewer's tension is set, the only time you have to turn anything more than 90 degrees is if the skewer's bushing ages and compresses.

It puts my Yari to complete shame, as an older AND cheaper design.

Posted: Jun 16, 2017 at 12:31 Quote
GlennM907 wrote:
My Mattoc Expert came today. It's a fresh 2014 model, never been mounted, uncut steerer. Couldn't be much happier with the slipperyness of the dust seals and performance of the HSC circuit. It'll be a few weeks before I can pull it apart to convert it to 27.5. The Hexloc QR15 axle is great, I don't know why they quit making them. Once the skewer's tension is set, the only time you have to turn anything more than 90 degrees is if the skewer's bushing ages and compresses.

It puts my Yari to complete shame, as an older AND cheaper design.
Yeah I got one (26" version) too, and also have to convert it to 27.5 and 150mm travel, so I had to order a Mattoc tool kit and have to wait for it to arrive before I can change the spacers to fit my bike before installing it.

I agree on the axle, I want tool-less and this Hexloc QR15 is a really good design.

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv14 0.010822
Mobile Version of Website