what bike frame? please!! i cant decide n im racing in 2008

PB Forum :: Downhill
what bike frame? please!! i cant decide n im racing in 2008
Posted: Dec 8, 2007 at 21:00 Quote
DavidMakalaster wrote:
ajaxpowder wrote:
accualy the commencal rider do ride the same frames.. yay adjustable headtube angle..

Jesus. Give up on it. Adjustable headtube angles are retarded. No one is going to be constantly adjusting their ht angle. Learn to ride your bike and be happy with it.

I can even see the why WC riders would want to adjust their geo but most of us "normal people" i really don't see the point.

Posted: Dec 8, 2007 at 21:00 Quote
DavidMakalaster wrote:
spag wrote:
im sorry but u cant look at proriders at all, they dont ride the same bikes at all...

i have ridden at length a 224 and glory dh, i have tried a comencal, v10 and sunday

the glory is a bike that rly sticks to the ground, it like the ground kinda runs over everything, more nimble then the v10 but it still rly likes the ground

the comencal is a bike that skips over everything, much like the orange, 2 very light bikes that skip from rock to rock and not plough through them

the sunday i think sits somewhere in the middle

The VAST majority of World Cup/Champs bikes are off-the-shelf units except for little touches here and there. They are almost ALL riding off-the-shelf frames.

i know for sure steve peat does not ride a stock frame

fabian barrel does not

greg minar does not Razz

i dont know about sam hill but probably not

Posted: Dec 8, 2007 at 21:03 Quote
spag wrote:
DavidMakalaster wrote:
spag wrote:
im sorry but u cant look at proriders at all, they dont ride the same bikes at all...

i have ridden at length a 224 and glory dh, i have tried a comencal, v10 and sunday

the glory is a bike that rly sticks to the ground, it like the ground kinda runs over everything, more nimble then the v10 but it still rly likes the ground

the comencal is a bike that skips over everything, much like the orange, 2 very light bikes that skip from rock to rock and not plough through them

The VAST majority of World Cup/Champs bikes are off-the-shelf units except for little touches here and there. They are almost ALL riding off-the-shelf frames.

fabian barrel does not

greg minar does not Razz

no shit, they're the WC winning racers that get all the endorcements, anyone else who is sponsored does not get a cutom frame made just for them, they get stock frames with better parts. and just so ya know, of coarse the honda is not a stock bike, it's not sold to the public.

Posted: Dec 8, 2007 at 21:05 Quote
spag wrote:

fabian barrel does not

greg minar does not Razz

Peat does now that it's out.

Barel same thing. He's on a totally stock frame now with his new team.

Minnar does now that he's on a new team.

Hill has been on an off-the-shelf frame for 2 years now.

They use pros for development. They are often a year ahead.

Posted: Dec 8, 2007 at 21:10 Quote
spag wrote:
DavidMakalaster wrote:
spag wrote:

fabian barrel does not

greg minar does not Razz

Just because the geometry is a little different, doesn't make it a complete different bike.

Posted: Dec 9, 2007 at 9:33 Quote
dritchietrack wrote:
did you know that this is the top ten of friendliest countries- (not in order)

The USA
Malawi
Fiji
Indonesia
Vietnam
Samoa
Thailand
Scotland
Turkey
Ireland

Notice how Canada for some reason is not there...lol

SCOTLAND! Pissoff lol. im sorry i dont hate the scots, but last time i was there...well...it turned nasty on the 1st day.

Posted: Dec 9, 2007 at 9:34 Quote
u must be frm england

Posted: Dec 9, 2007 at 9:35 Quote
that nicolai thing in camo u no
its lush not the gear box 1 though

Posted: Dec 9, 2007 at 9:48 Quote
id get teh commencel, good spec, pretty reasonable price wise and i just like them Smile

Posted: Dec 9, 2007 at 9:51 Quote
be special get a 07 or 2008 curtis thumpercross its gona cost you 1400 quid but they get each bike custom made for you any paintwork you want and a mojo tuned shock done just for your specific weight

Posted: Dec 9, 2007 at 10:01 Quote
hi

in my opinion alll the bikes you have up there are great bikes and it all depends really on what you are planning to ride and what your personal ridign style is.

in my opinion, i would immediately reduce the list to three bikes. the Sunday, v.10, and the Commencal. they are all very race proven bikes, have inovative designs, short wheelbases, very much race oriented and wont let you down.

the Sunday is a very high quality bike. it is aggresive on any downhill and its amazing DW-link will always help you out when the going gets tuff. its been tested repeatedly on worlds and Sam Hill seems pretty confident on it hahaha. It has a very short wheelbase and has amazing cornering and a low BB which will glue it to thge ground like no other. my experience with teh sunday is that on the downhill it is very hard to beat and is damn fast... it will deffinetely help youlower your times. also very light, versatile and a GREAT pedaling efficiency on the other hand, the low bb can make it hit rocks and stuff and that may be a little uncomfortable if you are not carefull. Also, its only 20 cm of travel can make it easy to bottom out. in addition its not the best bike for freeriding and dirt jumping and just relaxed riding... its a fullbvred race bike.

the v.10 is another AMAZING bike. I really like the new 2008 model... looks very solid and fast. it has an almost bottomless suspension... very big pro if you like to make your own lines, not follow old ones hahaha. very agresive and fast on the downhill and simplye eats up everything. VPP is a very faithfull, tested and proven system that WILL NOT let you down. also known for its amazing cornering and great sensibility the v.10 is also race-bred. keep in mind all though that its a big bike and the pedaling efficiency is not that great compared to the sundays, its also not as light. i think this bike will also not be the most comfortable if you like to jump around and stuff.

i really dont know much about comencal bikes but the supreme downhill is also a good choice that i would ocnsider. it is light and race bred but has a pretty comfortable geometry for freeriding and such. once again it doesnt have that much travel so its a bike, like the sunday that even though they will help you they require more skill and finess while descending in order to have them respond well at all times. both teh sunday and the comencal woent be as easy to ride on while doing technical downhill but deffinetely have a higher pedaling efficiency and are more versatile than the v.10

anyways, hope that my tips were usefull and hope that you make a good buy

Posted: Dec 9, 2007 at 10:17 Quote
No the best

Canfeild Brothers Jedi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted: Dec 9, 2007 at 10:23 Quote
how much>
where from?

Posted: Dec 9, 2007 at 10:31 Quote
canfeild brothers errr

gonna go get the mag with it ill tell u!

Posted: Dec 9, 2007 at 10:34 Quote
www.ridinghighuk.com
or
www.canfieldbrothers.com

it looks the nuts and read the info truly impressive!

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014779
Mobile Version of Website