Thoughts of s&m perfect 10 bars.

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Thoughts of s&m perfect 10 bars.
Posted: Nov 22, 2015 at 15:20 Quote
Que tiny bars trend

Posted: Nov 29, 2015 at 17:31 Quote
I'd like to see the end of these trends but well, they keep coming and going. Went through the big wide bar thing back when, then through the ultra narrow trend, now we are back to the huge bars again. You need to figure, the biggest bar on the market is the perfect 10 (the 11" bar is a joke that it seems some people don't get. I can see the guys in the warehouse laughing every time one actually sells.) so unless you are the biggest guy riding you probably don't need the biggest bar on the market. You are 5'7" and you say an 8" bar is too small? Says all your friends?

Posted: Nov 30, 2015 at 6:23 Quote
The perfect 10 was a solution to the wtf frame and fork combos super low stack height

Posted: Nov 30, 2015 at 10:26 Quote
If I were forced to run a set of 10" bars theres no way I'd go for the s&m's.
At the width they are at 1 degree of upsweep is seriously lacking in my opinion.
Have you looked at the wtp patron bars? Superior in every way as far as I can see.

O+
Posted: Dec 9, 2015 at 12:28 Quote
I haven't ran the S&M Perfect 10's but I did run the Tree Super Moto bars which are 10" rise. I could literally feel the bars flex forward and back as I went up the lip of a jump or pulled back really hard. I moved on to some S&M Fu bars 10" and they're amazing. Super stiff, but they do weigh a bit more being 4pc bars. Hope this helps!

Posted: Dec 9, 2015 at 14:26 Quote
The Sunday Model C 24" comes with 7.75" bars and a top load riser stem. When you compare a 20" bmx to a 24" bmx, the 24" bmx has a headset that is 2 inches taller, because the fork is two inches taller, axle to crown.

So, in effect, 7.75" bars on a 24" are roughly equivalent to riding 9.75" bars on a 20" (assuming you use the same stem, spacers etc.).

http://www.fatbmx.com/bmx/news/article.php?storyid=23723

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.031945
Mobile Version of Website