Falkland Trails Thread

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Falkland Trails Thread
O+
Posted: Jul 29, 2013 at 14:18 Quote
Hi,

Just found out about the falkland trails. What's the deal with them regarding riding? If I could get some info that would be great, my pal and me don't mind paying for a membership. Is the fb page still used?

Posted: Sep 9, 2013 at 12:56 Quote
hey , just found out about these trails and was wondering what the deal is with riding them ? is it £30 a year ? im not from
the fife area but would be happy to help build and what not Smile

Posted: Sep 9, 2013 at 13:06 Quote
nathanb wrote:
hey , just found out about these trails and was wondering what the deal is with riding them ? is it £30 a year ? im not from
the fife area but would be happy to help build and what not Smile
it's £25 a year, but i think if you (presumably) won't be riding there often and would help building they'd let you ride without paying. (just to say it's not my decision, someone should correct me if i'm wrong)
and i think there's a ban on building until 2014 aside from repairs but i'm not too sure why...

Posted: Sep 9, 2013 at 13:07 Quote
thanks sounds cool Smile are the trails in okay condition at the moment? thinking of heading up this weekend

Posted: Sep 9, 2013 at 13:10 Quote
yeah i was up yesterday on the main trail, it's all rideable, though i did find a new hole in a berm which i'll patch next time i'm up if no one else has already

Posted: Sep 9, 2013 at 13:12 Quote
is it pretty easy to find?

Posted: Sep 9, 2013 at 13:14 Quote
nathanb wrote:
is it pretty easy to find?
its not really that obvious, where are you coming from?

Posted: Sep 9, 2013 at 13:18 Quote
im from lochwinnoch wich is glasgow direction , im okay getting to falkland , its just from there Smile

Posted: Sep 9, 2013 at 13:21 Quote
do you know where craigmeade car park is? up the hill, used by walkers to get to the top of the hill from

Posted: Sep 9, 2013 at 13:23 Quote
Hey guys just to clarify. You can come and ride falkland for free once or twice to get a feel for the place and if you like it then its 25 pounds a year. Helping to build does not get you a free membership although it would buy you more time to pay lol. Trails are due a good tidy up.

Posted: Sep 9, 2013 at 13:28 Quote
cool no bother Smile im happy to pay £25 a year if i like it and help build and what not , ehm no i dont know where that is , is it near thwre im guessing , i can always try use google maps or go into tourist info or something Smile

Posted: Sep 9, 2013 at 13:28 Quote
Views: 1,592    Faves: 22    Comments: 10

Maybe this will wet your apatite

Posted: Sep 9, 2013 at 13:31 Quote
ryansteele wrote:
Views: 1,592    Faves: 22    Comments: 10

Maybe this will wet your apatite
already got it up on another tab loading Big Grin takes ages for videos to load here but going by picture it looks great to be honest

Posted: Sep 9, 2013 at 13:34 Quote
+56° 14' 59.97", -3° 13' 12.37" copy that into google maps and on the point go into street view and you'll see the bottom of the trail. and if you want someone to show you around i'll probably be going up at the weekend anyway. don't expect me to keep up though lol

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.026948
Mobile Version of Website