How to make my sx trail more downhill friendly?

PB Forum :: Downhill
How to make my sx trail more downhill friendly?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: May 29, 2011 at 13:01 Quote
Hi guys i was just wondering how i could make my Specialized SX trail 1 2007 more usable/friendly on the downhill courses thanks

Posted: May 29, 2011 at 13:35 Quote
Rum it slack, make sure you are using all the available travel on your run which means at least one bottom out, experiment with softer tyre pressures for optimum grip and most of all make sure you are comfortable!

Posted: May 30, 2011 at 13:06 Quote
as he said. ditch the forn gears if it has them, bang on a chain guide. wide low bars always make a bike feel more racey. maybe put some 200mm forks on, but checky your warrenty.

Posted: May 31, 2011 at 2:24 Quote
shock bushings that slacken the head angle?

Posted: Jun 1, 2011 at 12:55 Quote
I too was unhappy with my SxT when i first got it, slapped a totem on it. and I'm super stoked on how it rides. run the loww BB/slack shock shuttle. or change the fork and short shock it our bike suse a 9 x 2.75 shock. putting in a 8.75 x 2.75 will slack and lower it. otherwise low wide bars, short stem, chainguide and you will have a mini DH.

Posted: Jun 1, 2011 at 12:59 Quote
y9pema wrote:
I too was unhappy with my SxT when i first got it, slapped a totem on it. and I'm super stoked on how it rides. run the loww BB/slack shock shuttle. or change the fork and short shock it our bike suse a 9 x 2.75 shock. putting in a 8.75 x 2.75 will slack and lower it. otherwise low wide bars, short stem, chainguide and you will have a mini DH.
thanks for the advice manwhat totem have you got because all the new ones only come with a 1.5 steerer

Posted: Jun 1, 2011 at 13:48 Quote
i bought a used 2 step, and had a friend swap it to coil it has 1 1/8.

Posted: Jun 1, 2011 at 13:55 Quote
Totem comes in inch and a eight.

Posted: Jun 3, 2011 at 19:08 Quote
I've seen a guy racing an '08 with a Fox 40 on it. I guess he's not worried about warranty.

I bought my '09 used so I have no warranty and am going to put a Van 180 on it if I can ever save up the money.

They can handle a bigger fork. Specialized just wants people to buy a different bike for every 10mm of travel, so they don't want you putting bigger forks on their bikes.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011679
Mobile Version of Website