Snow tires for MTB

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Snow tires for MTB
Previous Page |
Posted: Dec 8, 2007 at 20:18 Quote
Does anyone know about studs or chains or anything for biking in the snow, where to buy them, how much they are and do they work

Posted: Dec 8, 2007 at 20:22 Quote
check out the Ktrack. it's more expensive than snow tires but it basically turns your bike into a pedal powered snowmobile. i think the website is ktrackcycle.com but i'm not sure so google it if that doesn't work.

Posted: Dec 8, 2007 at 20:24 Quote
thanx man ill check it out

Posted: Dec 8, 2007 at 20:28 Quote
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.schwalbetires.com/files/l_img_icespiker.gifschwable ice spiker
http://www.schwalbetires.com/node/112/oktup

Posted: Dec 8, 2007 at 20:29 Quote
Nokian studded tires. They work, but are pricey. They also make cable kits with big metal claws, but they only fit up a 1.95 tire usually, and seem VERY dangerous to me.

Check out the studded tires bro. Much cheaper than that BEAST the other guy posted :-)

Edit: You CAN make your own studded tires, but it takes time, patience, and lots of screws :-)

Posted: Dec 8, 2007 at 20:31 Quote
just lower ur air pressure.

Posted: Dec 8, 2007 at 20:33 Quote
Hummeroid wrote:
Check out the studded tires bro. Much cheaper than that BEAST the other guy posted :-)
yeah, i just threw that out there because it's sick and who know's, he might have an extra $450 lying around. (i know if i could afford it, i would have it.)

Posted: Dec 8, 2007 at 20:43 Quote
I made my own snow tire(just made one for the front so i could steer) then I ran out of screws, but it works great. after I had all the screws in I put a bunch of duct tape on the inside of the tire so the heads of the screws wouldent make a hole in my tube

Posted: Dec 8, 2007 at 21:12 Quote
ok thanx guys ill check them out

Posted: Mar 4, 2008 at 11:54 Quote
Hey!
I wanna pump this up.

I made pretty big article about Screw Tires.

Views: 7,402    Faves: 49    Comments: 25

Read it here.

Posted: Mar 4, 2008 at 12:01 Quote
air2k wrote:
Hey!
I wanna pump this up.

I made pretty big article about Screw Tires.

Views: 7,402    Faves: 49    Comments: 25

Read it here.

Thats cool, wouldent want to fall on those beasts. Aha, I like how you use a guitar hero box against the wall. I want to try that now.

Posted: Mar 4, 2008 at 12:03 Quote
Where I was last Sunday. Yup. It was a race. Yup. That's a frozen lake.

Well, mostly frozen. There was a couple of inches of slush on top...

Another thread on this topic...

Posted: Mar 5, 2008 at 0:13 Quote
That included some serious pedaling? Wink

Posted: Mar 5, 2008 at 0:19 Quote
888fork wrote:
just lower ur air pressure.

Can't do that whole lot. Lower it too much (I've already got mine at around 5psi higher than the min) and there won't be enough air to keep your rim off the ground. Hit enough roots at speed and you're asking for a bent rim.

Posted: Mar 5, 2008 at 0:24 Quote
air2k, positive props to ur "diy spike tires" video! its well done! tup
now i know what to do with my old tyresBig Grin

Previous Page |

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008645
Mobile Version of Website