[Post Your Projects] Road, & Fixed Gear

PB Forum :: Vintage and Fixed Gear Bikes
[Post Your Projects] Road, & Fixed Gear
Posted: Oct 6, 2017 at 11:08 Quote
Crashed at 40km/h and the only thing that bent was the rear derailleur hanger, front derailleur, chain and some chipped gears. No frame/beam damage Smile So, I found some Ultegra components and swapped. Keeping the pedals for now because I use this to bomb around Vancouver.

Also finally upgraded to a Profile Design carbon base bar, SRAM S990 carbon levers and a Deda Magic stem with Profile Design threaded/threadless conversion.

New seat new bar new crank new derailleurs new brake levers new chain.

https://ep1.pinkbike.org/p5pb15244512/p5pb15244512.jpg

Posted: Oct 10, 2017 at 14:08 Quote
^ Lucky save!

I found this TT bike at a sale today! Just needs some new tires and tubes. Not really sure exactly what to do with it to be honest, leave it all original, put some funky handlebars on it to make it more usable, or something else? I'm open to ideas!

photo

Posted: Oct 10, 2017 at 19:25 Quote
[Quote="singlespeedtoday"]^ Lucky save!

I found this TT bike at a sale today! Just needs some new tires and tubes. Not really sure exactly what to do with it to be honest, leave it all original, put some funky handlebars on it to make it more usable, or something else?

I would find a Tri shop or some local listings and flip the bike for a few bucks. The Triathlon people go ga ga over the Quintana Roo's. Take the profit and invest it towards something that doesn't handle like a surf board with 650c's

Posted: Oct 11, 2017 at 11:42 Quote
I did some research on the bike last night and apparently the Quintana Roo Superform was the first triathlon specific bike made. It turns out that this particular one is from the first year of production (1989) and was built in the USA by Tom Teesdale, it's also serial number 000010.

I will definitely be keeping everything original.

Posted: Oct 11, 2017 at 11:52 Quote
singlespeedtoday wrote:
I did some research on the bike last night and apparently the Quintana Roo Superform was the first triathlon specific bike made. It turns out that this particular one is from the first year of production (1989) and was built in the USA by Tom Teesdale, it's also serial number 000010.

Nice find! Yea. Keep it original and even put out some feelers on some of the face page vintage road bike sights to see what a number would be.

That is definitely some envy worthy conversation with that info.

Posted: Oct 11, 2017 at 12:55 Quote
That's pretty cool! Making it original is the obvious way to go, but would you actually enter any time trials on it? like imagine how fun that would be with some risers n track pedals, would get mad acceleration with those wheels

Posted: Oct 16, 2017 at 1:03 Quote
singlespeedtoday wrote:

I got a corima 4-spoke rear clincher 650c i dont need if you're intrested! Missing axle and the freehub body tho.

Posted: Oct 16, 2017 at 7:39 Quote
That would be rad, but the last time I shipped something to Sweden (a Hasselblad camera of all things) it was quite expensive! Thanks though.

I cleaned up the bike a bit yesterday and posted it for sale locally. If it doesn't sell right away, I will continue rebuilding it with new tires, bar tape, and other goodies.

Color picture.

photo

Posted: Nov 11, 2017 at 8:26 Quote
Posted up my initial build back here early September. Anyway, i have finally finished it!

Finally finished

Spec:

-Large On One Pompetamine Frame
-Maddux CX 2.0 Disc Rims on Formula Hubs
-700x35c Schwalbe Marathon Plus Tyres
-Avid BB5 Brake Calipers, Lifelife Pads and Tektro RL520 Levers
-Vision Trimax Crankset, Shimano 34T Chainring, Tiagra HTII BB, Shimano SPD MTB Pedals, 17T Sprocket, Surly SS Spacers
-On One Midge Bars, Crankbrothers Stem, Raceface XY Post, Selle Itallia Carbino Saddle, Brand-X Seatclamp, FSA Sealed Headset, Lifeline Bartape

Its such a fun bike to ride, it has really livened up my commute. Will be taking it on a real ride tomorrow, incorporating a mix of roads, gravel and woodland. The Midge bars are super comfy! By no means the fastest bike, but its a real nice smooth ride and much safer in the wet than my road bike. Just a case of deciding what one i keep now

Posted: Nov 30, 2017 at 2:21 Quote
Tracklocross
Finished my Dolan! Went with the halo wheel, really impressed with it. Really happy with the build, especially considering I didn't know much about these kinda bikes when I started it tup
Edit, spec-

Dolan Pre Cursa 58cm
Alpina headset, fork, post and clamp.
Halo Aerorage rear wheel, Double fixed HG spline
Shimano r500 front wheel
Dura ace 7800 front brake, Specialized crosstop lever.
Answer XC stem, Brand X bars, lizard skin tape
SRAM Apex cranks, Raceface 47t ring, halo 15t wide base HG cog
Ugly wtb saddle I've had since I started riding, it's comfy.
PC1 nickel chain
Superstar pedals
Conti GP black chilli 25c/cheapo Vittoria 25c tires

Posted: Nov 30, 2017 at 7:33 Quote
Aye she doesn't hang about!

Posted: Nov 30, 2017 at 15:03 Quote
would cop some foot retention were it me but rad tup

Posted: Dec 1, 2017 at 11:07 Quote
Just fitted spds! Honestly terrified by the things. Going to find a quiet spot at the park to get used to them, or might try them on the MTB first so I can coast about and get comfortable with the motions.

Posted: Dec 2, 2017 at 11:00 Quote
takes very little time to figure out. just take it easy and youll figure it out.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.022048
Mobile Version of Website