[Post Your Projects] Road, & Fixed Gear

PB Forum :: Vintage and Fixed Gear Bikes
[Post Your Projects] Road, & Fixed Gear
Posted: Oct 18, 2021 at 3:57 Quote
gravgravcc wrote:
Nice work on that shiv! Looks pretty rad.

Here is my Bombtrack Hook EXT-C I built up for this years Silkroad Mountainrace. Not exactly road but more of a monster gravel.

You can read about my setup here. It's served me very well and I am still in love with it even after a bit more then 16000km on this weapon.

https://gravgrav.cc/article/max-s-bombtrack-hook-ext-c-for-the-s-ilkroad-mountainrace-2021

that IS a monster gravgrav. Looks ultra capable. I'd love to throw down some miles on that.

question. Is the weight pretty balanced when it's loaded up..? What's your strategy for weight when you load gear for these bikepacking trips/races...?

Posted: Dec 20, 2021 at 8:29 Quote
jamieridesbikes wrote:

Made a thing

This is awesome, think I saw it on r/fixedgearbicycle first, didn't realise it was your handiwork

Posted: Mar 31, 2022 at 17:54 Quote
Finally got around to brazing up a rack for my nature boy. Also laced my h plus rims to a set of profile track hubs.

Posted: Mar 31, 2022 at 22:05 Quote
Well done! That thing looks amazing.

Posted: Apr 1, 2022 at 6:30 Quote
singlespeedtoday wrote:
Well done! That thing looks amazing.
Thanks! A shame I couldn’t use my enve fork with it but somthing about the steel flat crown fork just looks right.

Posted: Apr 1, 2022 at 8:16 Quote
A build that would make Zach Gallardo proud. In all seriousness, super cool and clean build! Those Profile hubs are popping... looks like such a blast to ride. Salute

Posted: Apr 3, 2022 at 10:25 Quote
I’m a big fan of bi-plane fork crowns. Carbon ain’t got nothing on that! Purely in terms of looks anyways.

Posted: Apr 4, 2022 at 4:23 Quote
nicely done Sumpy..! that's a cool build and it looks fun.....

Posted: Jul 2, 2022 at 11:52 Quote
I bought this for a bargain on Facebook so will be making it a single speed conversion.

I'll keep the thread updated with the build throughout the year.

Bought this locally for 30 on Facebook Marketplace so will make a single speed conversion as a town commuter and use the Carrera for longer rides.

Posted: Jul 2, 2022 at 20:31 Quote
Cool, looking forward to seeing the progress!

Posted: Jul 3, 2022 at 1:56 Quote
Thanks. It shouldn't take long to build. I just need to get my road bike sorted first, then I'll start on this. I already got a seat post for this build, so that's a start.

Posted: Jul 3, 2022 at 21:24 Quote
I’m currently working on a new single speed build myself. Going to be brazing on 650b cantilever brake bosses onto a Crust Florida Man frame. The build is based around Towel Rack handlebars and 2.3” tires! I totally splurged on a bunch of White Industries bits for it. Haha

Will post pictures as I go. I have almost everything for it now, so it shouldn’t be too much longer.

Just built up the wheels this weekend! Teaser…

Posted: Jul 4, 2022 at 2:37 Quote
Looking forward to seeing the build progress.

Posted: Jul 4, 2022 at 6:10 Quote
@kinny - looking forward to seeing what you turn out..... tup

@sstoday - ho lee chit those parts look minty minty Eek

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009790
Mobile Version of Website