[Post Your Projects] Road, & Fixed Gear

PB Forum :: Vintage and Fixed Gear Bikes
[Post Your Projects] Road, & Fixed Gear
Posted: Jul 4, 2022 at 6:22 Quote
adm750 wrote:
@kinny - looking forward to seeing what you turn out..... tup

Thanks dude. I've bought several parts for it online, but I'll take my time with it due to funds.

I'll ride my road bike in the meantime, until I can build the Raleigh. Salute

Posted: Jul 4, 2022 at 7:20 Quote
Do you have any good options for sourcing used parts locally? The great thing about a frame like that is you can usually find an abundance of suitable components at bike shops or swap meets for not too much money. I think it’s super fun to piece retro builds together, it’s like a little treasure hunt!

Posted: Jul 4, 2022 at 7:49 Quote
singlespeedtoday wrote:
Do you have any good options for sourcing used parts locally? The great thing about a frame like that is you can usually find an abundance of suitable components at bike shops or swap meets for not too much money. I think it’s super fun to piece retro builds together, it’s like a little treasure hunt!

I don't unfortunately. I don't drive and vintage bikes and components are rare to find in this area.

I bought a seat post, levers and bars with stem on eBay so far, and they were fair prices.

And yup, this Raleigh will be my favourite bike before my geared road bike. I'll use it for commutes through town and the geared one for long countryside rides.

I'm excited to get it built and on the road.

I loved my old bike, and still regret selling it when I had a break from cycling, and wish I had kept it, but the Raleigh will bring me joy, I'm sure.

My last road bike was this. 70 s Mercian Strada Speciale conversion. Miss it badly now.

Posted: Jul 4, 2022 at 17:34 Quote
Oh yeah, that’s a bummer. I’m fortunate to have access to a few different shops that sell old parts and a really plentiful local Craigslist. You can find some deals on eBay if you’re patient enough.

Posted: Jul 5, 2022 at 2:38 Quote
singlespeedtoday wrote:
Oh yeah, that’s a bummer. I’m fortunate to have access to a few different shops that sell old parts and a really plentiful local Craigslist. You can find some deals on eBay if you’re patient enough.

Yup, also LFGSS have some bargains on their classifieds section. I'll keep my eye on those sites when it comes to getting more parts.

Posted: Jul 16, 2022 at 8:28 Quote
Ordered a few parts and not much left to get now.

Today my seatpost, Turbo saddle, pedals and brake levers came, but I have a few more parts coming next week.

Seatpost and Turbo saddle.

Pedals and brake levers.

Posted: Jul 16, 2022 at 14:29 Quote
Looking good! Brown complements that colorway really nicely.

Posted: Jul 17, 2022 at 1:17 Quote
Thanks SSTD. Yup, I think brown will look decent on it. I only need a crank, BB and single speed chain to get now. Then it'll be ready to build.

It's a Raleigh Team Cadet, by the way. Somebody identified the model.

This is a SS/FG conversion I found on Google -

Posted: Jul 19, 2022 at 11:56 Quote
Parts ordered and collected. Just waiting on my crank, single speed chain and drop bars to be delivered. Then I'll get the bike built over the next two weeks.

Parts ordered and collected. Just waiting on my crank single speed chain and drop bars to be delivered. Then I ll get the bike built over the next two weeks.

Posted: Jul 19, 2022 at 14:20 Quote
dude, that rocks...!

Posted: Jul 19, 2022 at 15:41 Quote
adm750 wrote:
dude, that rocks...!

Thanks adm. I can’t wait to get her built and to take her for a ride. Smile

Posted: Jul 19, 2022 at 21:35 Quote
Can’t remember if I already posted this somewhere here or not, apologies if you’re seeing it multiple times. This is my Schwinn Voyager II. Got it as a frame with a few parts attached and built it up mostly from my parts bin! Just got new tires, chain, brake pads and bar tape for it. Rides great!

Posted: Jul 21, 2022 at 7:41 Quote
that's really nice @singlespeed tup

Posted: Jul 22, 2022 at 12:04 Quote
I have all of the parts for the bike now. Just not the handlebars and stem. They're taking time to get to me through the mail. Once I get those, I'll get the bike built. Hopefully next week

I have all of the parts for the bike now. Just not the handlebars and stem. They re taking time to get to me through the mail. Once I get those I ll get the bike built. Hopefully next week

I have all of the parts for the bike now. Just not the handlebars and stem. They re taking time to get to me through the mail. Once I get those I ll get the bike built. Hopefully next week

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014047
Mobile Version of Website