[Post Your Projects] Road, & Fixed Gear

PB Forum :: Vintage and Fixed Gear Bikes
[Post Your Projects] Road, & Fixed Gear
Posted: Jul 22, 2022 at 12:30 Quote
hell yeah dude...!

Posted: Jul 22, 2022 at 12:32 Quote
Salute - Slowly getting there. I'm hoping my drop bars and stem come by Monday latest, then I can get the bike built ASAP.

Next update will be next week or a fortnight from now of when it's built.

Posted: Jul 22, 2022 at 13:13 Quote
Cool! Looking forward to seeing it!

Posted: Jul 22, 2022 at 13:15 Quote
singlespeedtoday wrote:
Cool! Looking forward to seeing it!

I'm excited to see her built in full-form myself. Not long to wait now. Smile

I'll be keeping this one regardless of what happens. I miss my Mercian and regret selling it, plus I wouldn't get much for the Raleigh if I did sell it.

Will upload pictures once she's built and post in here.

Posted: Jul 22, 2022 at 16:05 Quote
That’s a good plan. I’ve been trying to do something similar with my bikes, and failing terribly lately! The trick is to keep the initial cost low, as well as the resale value low, while simultaneously making it cool as possible! Then you’ll have a bike that you dig and can justify keeping around.

Posted: Jul 23, 2022 at 1:54 Quote
singlespeedtoday wrote:
That’s a good plan. I’ve been trying to do something similar with my bikes, and failing terribly lately! The trick is to keep the initial cost low, as well as the resale value low, while simultaneously making it cool as possible! Then you’ll have a bike that you dig and can justify keeping around.

Yup. Also, it'll be my town commuter, for when I go to the superstore on the other side of town. If I used my Carrera road bike, thieves would target it as it looks expensive. This Raleigh will look cheap to a potential thief, so they most likely wouldn't give it a second look while locked up outside stores because they'll think it has no value, so I won't have to worry about leaving it locked up around town. I'll still buy a decent bike lock. I just won't have to worry about thieves wanting to steal it, but it'll still be nice looking to me. Just not to bike thieves.

Also got these lights for it, for when I go for evening rides through town. They're brighter than they look and I have them on the lowest brightness on this picture.

Lights in preparation for night rides once my bike is built.

Posted: Jul 25, 2022 at 11:06 Quote
Finally received my last needed part for my Raleigh SS build, so will go to my LBS tomorrow to enquire with getting the bike built.

Hopefully should be ready and built by next week.

Finally got my last needed parts. Bars and stem. Will go to my LBS tomorrow and arrange getting the bike built this week.

Posted: Aug 14, 2022 at 22:20 Quote
Teaser shots! Brazing on cantilever brake bosses and fork truss rods next weekend with any luck.

photo

photo

Posted: Aug 15, 2022 at 2:02 Quote
Looks great. I look forward to seeing her completely built.

Posted: Aug 15, 2022 at 3:08 Quote
singlespeedtoday wrote:
Teaser shots! Brazing on cantilever brake bosses and fork truss rods next weekend with any luck.

very cool....! keep the teasers coming tup

Posted: Aug 15, 2022 at 4:41 Quote
I popped by my LBS today for an update on my Raleigh build.

She's built, but the guy at the shop says he has to test ride it as there was an issue with the sprocket on the rear wheel and the tensioner. The bike shop guy said it's to do with the dropouts, but said it should be an easy fix and will be ready tomorrow.

He told me customers have asked if it's for sale and that they like it.

I'll upload pictures of her tomorrow to this thread.

Posted: Aug 17, 2022 at 2:13 Quote
Here she is. Rode her home and she rides smoothly. May need to switch the cog to 16t, instead of the 18t I have now, but apart from that she's a nice bike.

Built and ready to ride.
Built and ready to ride.
Built and ready to ride.

Posted: Aug 17, 2022 at 5:41 Quote
that's awesome dude...! nice build...!! Salute

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019460
Mobile Version of Website