[Post Your Projects] Road, & Fixed Gear

PB Forum :: Vintage and Fixed Gear Bikes
[Post Your Projects] Road, & Fixed Gear
Posted: Dec 15, 2012 at 5:02 Quote
rhubarb101 wrote:
I hope you are building it right this minute. ready for next thursdays Xmas chip shop ride!

at the moment it's still sat on my window sill... it was my birthday on Thursday and my girl is back from uni so I havnt had the time, it's killing me! it will be made by then though and I'll probably come and show my face, for the first time!

Posted: Dec 17, 2012 at 14:53 Quote
photo

GT ZR 2000 frame, built up with Tiagra, lead weight wheels and a touch of carbon for the sake of it. Only thing new is the pedals, and soon bar tape. Ready for the Festive 500..

Posted: Dec 19, 2012 at 4:22 Quote
Some more triple triangle goodness!

So I finally got it built up! it was a nice frame to build up too because all the press fit bits actually press fitted in unlike on previous frames...

Since this photo I have got rid of the Sugino aero top nut and fitted the standard Stronglight one, I think it just looked too chunky. I did take a link out the chain but it was just abit too tight with a 25 Gatorskin so I might get a 23 when I can be assed.

It rides much nicer than my old frame, it’s a much better fit and stiffer, I can really tell the difference when out of the saddle!

I think I might put my Nitto B115 drops on it and seeing what they are like but at the moment I’m well chuffed with it Big Grin .

photo

Posted: Dec 19, 2012 at 4:39 Quote
Thats a beauty, you coming out on it tomorrow night? it looks good as it is clearance wise, id keep the 25c :-) how is the Regal saddle? Im really tempted by one

Posted: Dec 19, 2012 at 5:13 Quote
no I won't be able to make it Frown . I'll have to get out on a group ride soon though, it has been ages!

I really like the regal! very very near to the comfyness of my old specilized romin, I would recommend going into there shop at the bottom of park street and measuring your sit bones with their gadget (block of wood with a scale haha) and seeing what width If their saddle suits you the best. I had the 147 wide one and the regal is 150 wide so pretty similar shaped saddles, but if it's going on your Dolan I would just go with the romin because I think it looks better on modern build Razz

Posted: Dec 19, 2012 at 5:33 Quote
Thats what was putting me off getting one, it would look a bit out of place... they make a more modern version but thats like £100+ Frown

there is a steady sunday ride this weekend meeting at Mud Dock Deli at 10am :-)

Posted: Dec 19, 2012 at 5:48 Quote
rhubarb101 wrote:
Thats what was putting me off getting one, it would look a bit out of place... they make a more modern version but thats like £100+ Frown

there is a steady sunday ride this weekend meeting at Mud Dock Deli at 10am :-)

your welcome to test my romin if you like? it slightly snapped but doesn't effect it too much tbh.

ah cool ill see if I can make it!

Posted: Dec 19, 2012 at 15:45 Quote
are you gonna be selling your raleigh?

Posted: Dec 19, 2012 at 21:33 Quote
the Nitto drops would look better in my opinion

if there's much life left in the 25c ill take it off your hands, for my orbit,

Posted: Dec 20, 2012 at 4:55 Quote
porker wrote:

im not too sure yet, one thing though is i wont be posting to canada hah

Posted: Dec 20, 2012 at 4:56 Quote
never-stop wrote:
the Nitto drops would look better in my opinion

if there's much life left in the 25c ill take it off your hands, for my orbit,

i only brought it a few months back, i would be wanting monies for it or i could just keep it as a spare i suppose.

Posted: Dec 20, 2012 at 10:56 Quote
well let me know, would be ideal for my orbit

Posted: Dec 21, 2012 at 9:31 Quote
bristol1990 wrote:
porker wrote:

im not too sure yet, one thing though is i wont be posting to canada hah
Damn! haha

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015306
Mobile Version of Website