Road Bike Info & Discussion -*ASK ROAD QUESTIONS HERE*-

PB Forum :: Road Cycling and Touring
Road Bike Info & Discussion -*ASK ROAD QUESTIONS HERE*-
Posted: Apr 17, 2014 at 7:15 Quote
mattygee020671 wrote:
guys, looking for a seat, thats comfy, light and easy on the eye. doesnt have to be too expensive,my ass is getting old and i want a bit of comfort Smile

I got a SMP. a bit of a weird design, but it was recommended to me and it took a bit to set up, but A great seat, and they start at like 60 bucks or so and go up to the hundreds depending what your looking for. Ive had mine for three years and haven't had a sore butt since

Posted: Apr 17, 2014 at 7:17 Quote
I've heard a lot of good things about the Specialized Body Geometry saddles. As mentioned, the Toupe gets a lot of hype.

O+
Posted: Apr 17, 2014 at 8:02 Quote
kinny-pb wrote:
I've heard a lot of good things about the Specialized Body Geometry saddles. As mentioned, the Toupe gets a lot of hype.

I have both the toupe and the romin. Both are great, just depends on your fit preference. I prefer the romin myself as it has a wider channel and I tend to get numbness in my perrenium (sp?)

Posted: Apr 17, 2014 at 9:10 Quote
I like the Romin very much, but only with padded bibs. I don't like the Charge Spoon on a road bike, the nose is ungainly. I also have an Arione shaped saddle that came on my Boardman- suprisingly comfortable, especially on the nose

Posted: Apr 17, 2014 at 10:27 Quote
cheers boys for the suggestions ill look into it.
on another note for the tech out there, can u mix camp shifters with shimano mechs? ive been told u can.
desired set up is campy shifter, brakers, dura ace mechs is this possible. cranks will be either dura or ultegra

Posted: Apr 17, 2014 at 11:14 Quote
I'd say probably not. Why not just use campy mechs? And I have a toupe, great saddle. Going to a Romin on my new build tho.

O+
Posted: Apr 17, 2014 at 11:19 Quote
nwthumbs wrote:
I'd say probably not. Why not just use campy mechs? And I have a toupe, great saddle. Going to a Romin on my new build tho.

Just be aware that the romin and toupe fit very differently. The toupe is a lot flatter. The romin has more of a curve to it and had a rather broad nose, that can rub on your inner thigh. A lot of specialized dealers have test saddles in both models. Best to try before you buy.

Posted: Apr 17, 2014 at 11:38 Quote
nwthumbs wrote:
Because at the moment what i know about road bike componentry compatibility is in to the minus scale lol
i got the idea from a review of micro shift stuff. geeza chirped into the thread claiming that camp shifters would work shim mechs.

Posted: Apr 17, 2014 at 11:40 Quote
Microshift brings back bad memories for me.

Posted: Apr 17, 2014 at 11:47 Quote
kinny-pb wrote:
really? not that id consider them but i saw good things?

Posted: Apr 17, 2014 at 12:53 Quote
kinny-pb wrote:
Hold up, weren't you the guy who got into a huge argument with BBLB about microshift and even started a thread trying to convince people it isn't crap? haha

Posted: Apr 17, 2014 at 13:01 Quote
what was so horrible about them to make you change your mind so drastically?

Posted: Apr 17, 2014 at 13:07 Quote
Never got to try them, but I don't disagree with BBLB now, I did read horror stories about them.

Posted: Apr 17, 2014 at 13:21 Quote
smike wrote:
nwthumbs wrote:

Just be aware that the romin and toupe fit very differently. The toupe is a lot flatter. The romin has more of a curve to it and had a rather broad nose, that can rub on your inner thigh. A lot of specialized dealers have test saddles in both models. Best to try before you buy.
i work at a spesh dealer... I see them all the time they are both hella comfy for me.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012234
Mobile Version of Website