Road Bike Info & Discussion -*ASK ROAD QUESTIONS HERE*-

PB Forum :: Road Cycling and Touring
Road Bike Info & Discussion -*ASK ROAD QUESTIONS HERE*-
Posted: Mar 28, 2018 at 18:25 Quote
canadianoreos wrote:
thinking of buying a road bike, just wondering about how much i am supposed to dope to be seen as legitimate

More than you would expect. But you have to do it in a way that makes it seem like you're trying to hide it, but everyone knows anyway.

Posted: Mar 28, 2018 at 19:17 Quote
sherbet wrote:
stymiecat wrote:
sherbet wrote:
Heyo dudes. Got a customer looking for fenders for his Kona Rove LTD. Tireset is 650x47. He does have full mounts on the frame, and he's looking for something rather rad, metal, etc. Cheers dude.

Try Velo Orange. some great styles of fenders. I have had a number of their products and they are built well.

Appreciated!

Second velo orange. Great stuff on that site. All their fenders are full wrap, but if you are crafty you can shorten them up to whatever looks right.

Posted: Mar 29, 2018 at 9:36 Quote
Quinn-39 wrote:
canadianoreos wrote:
thinking of buying a road bike, just wondering about how much i am supposed to dope to be seen as legitimate

More than you would expect. But you have to do it in a way that makes it seem like you're trying to hide it, but everyone knows anyway.
thought id also go vegan so i can get as skinny as possible and look like a spaghetti noodle. maybe thats a tribute to the sports italian and french roots

Posted: Mar 29, 2018 at 19:32 Quote
canadianoreos wrote:
Quinn-39 wrote:
canadianoreos wrote:

thought id also go vegan so i can get as skinny as possible and look like a spaghetti noodle. maybe thats a tribute to the sports italian and french roots

Moar veinssss!!!!

Posted: Apr 1, 2018 at 21:52 Quote
dingus wrote:
Any Uk people able to recommend some good sites to use for 2nd hand road bike parts?

local facebook groups and meet the people . Ebay can be a hit and miss, more so miss and an utter shit show

Posted: Apr 10, 2018 at 14:26 Quote
So, today I got a very gently used (still has factory warning and torque spec stickers on the cranks, fork and frame parts)Specialized Allez Elite C2 in the mail. I'm wondering a couple things, it being my first real modern road bike.

1: My rear tire is a Roubaix Pro 23/25c Endurant (I'm assuming Endurant is the tire compound) but what's the 23c/25c about? It's bigger than the 23c Espoir on the front for sure.

2: there's a small sticker with "Specialized" on it followed by a short 7 character Alpha numeric number, what is it? I thought it was the serial number but it's not, it's stamped on the BB like any other bike.

Posted: Apr 10, 2018 at 15:44 Quote
https://www.specialized.com/us/en/roubaix-road-tubeless/p/130438?color=228414-130438

I think it's a Specialized marketing thing. They say the tread is 23c (It's skinny! It'll roll fast roadies!), but the casing is 25c (it's fat! it's more comfortable.)

Have fun with your new ride.

Posted: Apr 10, 2018 at 17:35 Quote
Adamrideshisbike wrote:
https://www.specialized.com/us/en/roubaix-road-tubeless/p/130438?color=228414-130438

I think it's a Specialized marketing thing. They say the tread is 23c (It's skinny! It'll roll fast roadies!), but the casing is 25c (it's fat! it's more comfortable.)

Have fun with your new ride.

Ahh, cheers.

I plan on swapping the front 23c to something a bit bigger(Although front does have Spesh's Blackbeltx2 puncture protection)...roads are a bit rough around here. Planned on 25c but I'm wondering if a 28c would fit? Which I'd also do to the rear, go 28c to match. I'd be happy with 25c though..currently ride those on my commuter.

Posted: Apr 10, 2018 at 20:39 Quote
Bigger is better. 28c is pretty much the smallest tire I would even think of these days. Should fit in the Roubaix.

Posted: Apr 10, 2018 at 21:20 Quote
alreadyupsidedown wrote:
Bigger is better. 28c is pretty much the smallest tire I would even think of these days. Should fit in the Roubaix.

it's an Allez but I'd assume it'd still fit? Same fork?

Posted: Apr 10, 2018 at 21:51 Quote
alreadyupsidedown wrote:
My new Domane came with 32c rubber straight from Trek... 28c is the new 23c.

Posted: Apr 11, 2018 at 13:13 Quote
deb - tire/rim sizing varies so much, you're better off trying out the exact tire in the exact size you want to see if it'll fit. Sucks, but that's life. Like it's well-known Conti 25s run big, and they didn't fit my homie's Cervelo when he ordered them up without test-fitting.

badbadleroybrown wrote:
alreadyupsidedown wrote:

Rim or discs? If DM rim brakes are actually clearing 32s that is boner-inducing....

Posted: Apr 11, 2018 at 13:24 Quote
I've got a 28 on the rear of my Allez and a 25 on the front. The fork was too tight a fit with the 28 and I had to dremmel some away some of the clamp on my front derailleur to allow the rear to fit. My Allez is pretty old so the newer ones probably have more space.

Posted: Apr 11, 2018 at 13:53 Quote
crs-one wrote:
deb - tire/rim sizing varies so much, you're better off trying out the exact tire in the exact size you want to see if it'll fit. Sucks, but that's life. Like it's well-known Conti 25s run big, and they didn't fit my homie's Cervelo when he ordered them up without test-fitting.

badbadleroybrown wrote:
alreadyupsidedown wrote:

Rim or discs? If DM rim brakes are actually clearing 32s that is boner-inducing....
I think DM's only go to 28c, this is a disc frame, not finished building yet but...

Coming together... just need to run the cables and install the saddle on the seatmast.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010855
Mobile Version of Website