Do you want to make Pinkbike and Trailforks better? Pinkbike is looking for full time Software Developers - Check Available Jobs

Road Bike Info & Discussion -*ASK ROAD QUESTIONS HERE*-

PB Forum :: Road Cycling and Touring
Road Bike Info & Discussion -*ASK ROAD QUESTIONS HERE*-
| Next Page
Posted: Aug 12, 2019 at 11:37 Quote
man-wolf wrote:
Looking for help with a compatibility issue... I have a commuter bike setup 3x9 (42/32/24t) with Shimano Sora STI levers. Currently a Deore front mech is installed, which has a different pull ratio than the levers. Anyone know of a top pull 3x9 front derailleur that exists to solve my problem? I am aware of converters like Jtek, etc., and I'm trying to avoid that.
As far as I know, nobody makes a top pull 3x front derailleur anymore... and I think the only STI compatible top pull derailleur shimano makes is the 2x cyclocross derailleur.

You might be able to find some old used parts on Ebay but 3x road setups are hard to find these days.

Posted: Aug 12, 2019 at 12:22 Quote
Buy an old friction shifter and your problem is solved

Posted: Aug 12, 2019 at 12:31 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
man-wolf wrote:
Looking for help with a compatibility issue... I have a commuter bike setup 3x9 (42/32/24t) with Shimano Sora STI levers. Currently a Deore front mech is installed, which has a different pull ratio than the levers. Anyone know of a top pull 3x9 front derailleur that exists to solve my problem? I am aware of converters like Jtek, etc., and I'm trying to avoid that.
As far as I know, nobody makes a top pull 3x front derailleur anymore... and I think the only STI compatible top pull derailleur shimano makes is the 2x cyclocross derailleur.

You might be able to find some old used parts on Ebay but 3x road setups are hard to find these days.

Thanks. Unfortunately I think you are correct. I just called Shimano, and they gave me the part number to a bottom pull FD?! I think I'll just have to get a converter from Problem Solvers after all.

Posted: Aug 12, 2019 at 12:43 Quote
There's some way to drill out the arm on a mountain shifter to limit the pull... might be worth googling if you really want to avoid an adapter.

Posted: Aug 12, 2019 at 18:50 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
There's some way to drill out the arm on a mountain shifter to limit the pull... might be worth googling if you really want to avoid an adapter.

Thanks, but I've decided the minuscule weight penalty is worth it. Not being able to use all 3 chainrings here in CO has sucked!

Posted: Aug 24, 2019 at 21:52 Quote
Anybody work for a Trek dealer that can pull the wheel specification sheets for me on the Aeolus 3 TLR disc wheelset? Need the bearing sizes... Pretty sure they're DT clone hubs with 4x 6902's out back and 2x 6803's up front but hoping to order the bearings before I pull em apart for swap out to minimize downtime.

Posted: Aug 24, 2019 at 22:07 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
Anybody work for a Trek dealer that can pull the wheel specification sheets for me on the Aeolus 3 TLR disc wheelset? Need the bearing sizes... Pretty sure they're DT clone hubs with 4x 6902's out back and 2x 6803's up front but hoping to order the bearings before I pull em apart for swap out to minimize downtime.
Got a serial number for each wheel? If so I'll try and check Dexter.

Posted: Aug 24, 2019 at 22:14 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:
Appreciate it.... Any idea where the serial number is on the wheels? Bike is WTU181QU0157M but I don't see anything on the wheels.

Posted: Aug 24, 2019 at 22:20 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:
Appreciate it.... Any idea where the serial number is on the wheels? Bike is WTU181QU0157M but I don't see anything on the wheels.
Might be able to work with that. I will try Dexter here shortly. If I can't get on I'll pass info on to somebody who can.

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010892
Mobile Version of Website