Post your NS bikes!

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
Post your NS bikes!
Posted: Dec 17, 2016 at 14:43 Quote
Just bought a L Red NS Clash frame... $209usd

EDIT--For some reason 26bikes took the price down to $209usd(includes shipping) on my order. The "discount parts bike" just got cheaper!

photo

Bought a few months before the frame; a 2014 130mm-160mm FOX Factory Talas 34 with Fit4 upgrade... $400+$110 for Fit4

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.wigglestatic.com/product-media/5360090742/Fox-Forx-34-Float-160-CTD-Trail-Adjust-Tapered-QR15-Fork.jpg?w=2000&h=2000&a=7
And Kashmoney riser... $65

photo

In person, the bars and the Kashima coat are very close to matching. Was thinking of painting the black Sun-Ringle Inferno31 rims I have to match the Kashima coat.

I will do my best to be the first to post with a complete, custom 2016 NS Clash.

O+
Posted: Dec 25, 2016 at 2:23 Quote
Here's my 2016 NS Clash

Frame - Clash in large
Front shock/fork - 130mm Manitou Expert Circus
Handlebars - Easton EA70 Monkey Bars 685mm
Stem - Funn Rippa 25.4mm stem, 45mm length
Headset - Cane Creek
Grips - Specialized lock ons
Saddle - Specialized something or other
Seatpost - Crankbrothers 100mm dropper
Front brake - Avid Elixir 5, 180mm rotors
Rear brake - Avid Elixir 5, 160mm rotor
Cranks - Shimano 175mm with steel thread inserts
Chainguide - Nope
Chain - KMC
Pedals - Giant metal platforms
Front derailleur - Nope, but not allergic to them
Rear derailleur - Zee FR cage
Front shifter - Nope
Rear shifter - Zee
Cassette - 11-34 XT 10 speed cassette
Front hub - Dice
Rear hub - Don't know
Front rim - MTX33
Rear rim - Mongoose
Tyres - 2.4 and 2.2 Maxxis Holy Rollers
Tubes - Something from the bike shop

photo

photo

Posted: Dec 27, 2016 at 12:50 Quote
mooboyj wrote:
Here's my 2016 NS Clash

photo

photo

Very nice... Razz

I really like the 130mm Circus on there and how the stanchion from the dropper match the stanchions on the Circus. I'm going to ride the Talas 34 at 130mm and 150mm with a little more air than recommended for my weight on trail.

I think the new, all black 130mm Circus would look serious on this frame! However, the nice white accents would have to go, and they make your bike look sick as it is!

how tall are you?

O+
Posted: Dec 27, 2016 at 23:11 Quote
[Quote="XCMark"]
mooboyj wrote:
Snip

Very nice... Razz

I really like the 130mm Circus on there and how the stanchion from the dropper match the stanchions on the Circus. I'm going to ride the Talas 34 at 130mm and 150mm with a little more air than recommended for my weight on trail.

I think the new, all black 130mm Circus would look serious on this frame! However, the nice white accents would have to go, and they make your bike look sick as it is!

how tall are you?

I purposely chose the red and white colour scheme. I actually don't normally care to much for aesthetics, but I saw one of these with a white fork so thought I'd go that way. The white seat and pedals were taken from my commuter. The brakes, drive train, back wheel, tyres, stem and bars were all taken from my old P3 which I retired for this bike. The dropper was sitting around so I thought I'd give it a second chance.

The only new parts for the build were the frame, fork, headset and shifter cable! I was lucky I ordered it a week before I lost my job, otherwise I wouldn't have it.

I'm 179cm, or 5,10" and a half in Imperial measurements. This is the first bike I have purchased that was on the larger end of the spectrum, and it definitely isn't to big. It actually fits quite well and bunny hops and jumps like a champ! I commute to work, so I decided to go for a larger fit for a little more comfort and not having to run a crazy amount of seat post. I had emailed NS before buying the bike, so knew roughly what would suit.

This was purchased as an urban build that could hit the trails when we take beginner riders. I sometimes take beginners with a friend, and my Heckler is boring and tiresome when not flying down a hill. The 20mm front axle and QR rear and the disc sizes are the same between bikes, so I can use the Hecklers rims/tyres/discs when hitting the dirt.

I took the bike for its maiden voyage in the dirt yesterday with the Holy Rollers and it was a hoot! A tiny bump in the ground turns into a jump so easilyBig Grin It was stable on the descents and climbed easily due to the good seat position and larger frame. It is really a good fun bike, and I can see myself buying another in the future!

Posted: Jan 2, 2017 at 19:23 Quote
Red, Large NS Clash update...

I picked the Clash as there is nothing with a similar geometry local to me for Urban Assault that is not SS and fits in the $200 to $300 USD market.

I took the frame to a mechanic who works for a reputable and large online retailer to have some metal that was not deburred from the breath hole where the seattube meets the toptube. He put a straight edge to the inside of the seattube to show me the seattube was bent at the top weld of the toptube to seattube. He said he had found the seattube bulging right at the toptube top weld when he was grinding out the breath hole burs. He had me run my figure over it and I could feel the inward bulge. He then showed me the seattube had been bored to compensate for the bend(which is also the bulge), however, the boring did not get rid of the felt buldg inside the seattube, though, it made the section facing the headtube very thin(I'll take a pic, but I can't locate my digital caliper). So we put in three 30.9 post, all of them wiggled excessively. A 31.6 was attempted, but wouldn't go in the seattube, and NS does list the seattube to accept a 30.9mm seatpost.

So after finding this out today I'm even more bummed because this now marks getting four horribly assembled aluminum[3] and steel[1] frames from different manufactures in the $200 to $300 USD market.

I've emailed the retailer that sold me the Clash and am starting an RMA process, but will have to spend for the shipping, again. Which will probably be $40'ish USD. So I'm at a crossroad... Get a refund, minus the two shipping cost, or role the dice on getting another Large Clash?

Editing a picture with notations to post...

EDIT: Also sent NS bikes an email on this issue asking for help. I really don't feel I should bare the $84 shipping charges for their defective frame.

Sorry about the potato pic with no notations. GIMP gimped my save.

Picture of Large 2016 NS Clash seattube inside. Showing the manufacture bored the inside of the tube to correct for a bulge at the toptube top weld. The boring caused the seattube to not allow a proper fit of a 30.9mm seatpost. A 30.9mm SP wiggles excessively. The section of seattube facing the headtube is really thin. So thin in fact that my mechanic said the frame is not usable and to either get an exchange or refund.

That dark area just above the toptube breath hole, that is the bulge. The welder got the seattube too hot in that area.

Posted: Jan 2, 2017 at 22:53 Quote
Maybe thats why they did it a bit cheaper for you when you ordered it.

They probably already know about the issue, it's probably not the first.

Hopefully they'll sort a refund or a new frame for you.

Even Statnon Bikes had a batch of frames with dodgy seat tubes. But also now it's being said they're 'swaged' tubes and meant to be like that.

Posted: Jan 3, 2017 at 10:46 Quote
silverfish1974 wrote:
Maybe thats why they did it a bit cheaper for you when you ordered it.

They probably already know about the issue, it's probably not the first.

Hopefully they'll sort a refund or a new frame for you.

Even Statnon Bikes had a batch of frames with dodgy seat tubes. But also now it's being said they're 'swaged' tubes and meant to be like that.
Even if they discounted it, I was never told that there was a defect, and I never would have bought it had I known. If that's the case, which I don't know, that would be deceptive of NS. Which would make NS worthy of scorn and a loss in sales.

On that, I don't see it as the retailers fault, as they had NS ship a frame in a box to them, and then to me. A retailer expects the manufacturer to have taken care of Quality Assurance before the product came to them. So NS has also let down 26bikes,com.

I'm not so sure I should role the dice on another frame. If that is defective as well, I'll have to spend for shipping again. At which point I'll be half the frame cost into shipping.

Stanton got a bad batch of tubes and didn't know about it until things started breaking under customers. My issue is a visual defect the manufacturer/the welder made trying to fix a defect created in the build process.

And if it's not the first, that is some shady shit! But I don't know if it is the first, and I've looked around the nets this morning for a similar issue and have not found such. As I would think that NS would cancel a manufacturing contract if the supplier kept trying to repair an unrepairable mistakes made during the build process.

Mistakes in material properties are 'somewhat' acceptable and not noticeable until issues start occurring to users. Defects from the manufacturing assembly are noticeable by the manufacturer once they happen. And is only highlighted by the fact the manufacturer tried to bore out a seattube to fix a bulge from a weld, but over did it so that the walls are super thin and a speced seatpost(30.9mm) no longer has a snugt fit. it wiggles around, excessively. --Not one of my other frames allows such movement, even with no seatpost collar!

No reply from 26bikes or NS today, but it's not even a full 24 hours after the RMA email, and 26bikes does state that I can send my item in before 30 days, unused, for a full refund. However, this is a visually known defect that passed Q/A, so I think I should be entitled to getting my shipping back... Though I wont hold my breath on that.

Posted: Jan 3, 2017 at 17:12 Quote
Shipping today cost me $96usd. That was the cheapest of four carriers I could find.

Sigh... $129.10-USD total, to ship a frame I'll never get to use and probably will get a cold shoulder on even 50% of the shipping cost.

Pissed until further notice.

Posted: Jan 6, 2017 at 8:45 Quote
The time has come for me to show my new beast.
photo
some stuff like stem and handlebar has to be changed but thats gotta wait some time Wink

Posted: Jan 10, 2017 at 4:29 Quote
photo

photo

photo

My Ns Djambo

frame is size 16" and fork is a 130mm XFusion Sweep
tires are 2,8 Nobby Nics on 45mm rims
my height is 5,7 and frame size is perfect

Posted: Jan 11, 2017 at 1:56 Quote
2016 NS Surge Evo, large.

Fox 36 Factory forks, Hope Pro 2 Evo/Stans EX wheels, Zee drivetrain, 780mm bars, 50mm stem.

Should be a lot of fun!!

photo

Posted: Jan 13, 2017 at 11:38 Quote
Uppdate...

On my frame warranty issue: NS Bikes has gone above and beyond what most would expect with Customer Service. I can't wait to be repp'in an NS frame on the streets.

NS Bikes, I jumped the gun in anger, please excuse me! When this build is done, people will want your frames more than the cheap frames O-O was selling us with known defects.

Posted: Jan 13, 2017 at 13:00 Quote
XCMark wrote:
Uppdate...

On my frame warranty issue: NS Bikes has gone above and beyond what most would expect with Customer Service. I can't wait to be repp'in an NS frame on the streets.

NS Bikes, I jumped the gun in anger, please excuse me! When this build is done, people will want your frames more than the cheap frames O-O was selling us with known defects.

The one time i had an issue with a frame they sent me one directly from Poland and didnt even ask me for the old frame. Im an NS fan for life.

Posted: Jan 19, 2017 at 4:33 Quote
My Surge evo 2016 medium frame.
26" wheels, marzocchi all mountain 2 fork, shimano deore xt drivechain, avid brakes, One 760 handlebar with 70mm stem.

My freeride hardtail build NS Surge evo 2016 with parts from my old DH bike.

Posted: Jan 24, 2017 at 13:37 Quote
hcbang wrote:
My Surge evo 2016 medium frame.
26" wheels, marzocchi all mountain 2 fork, shimano deore xt drivechain, avid brakes, One 760 handlebar with 70mm stem.

My freeride hardtail build NS Surge evo 2016 with parts from my old DH bike.

Damn... I miss my Surge so bad right now!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.023788
Mobile Version of Website