Post your NS bikes!

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
Post your NS bikes!
Posted: Dec 18, 2017 at 5:21 Quote
About to buy a Surge Evo frame but can't decide on black or green!! got white forks an purple bits. Any body got a similar combo I can see

Posted: Dec 22, 2017 at 7:55 Quote
New build merry Xmas
Half price at CRC, merry effin Xmas!!!

Posted: Dec 22, 2017 at 12:14 Quote
Nice. That's very tempting.

Posted: Dec 22, 2017 at 19:07 Quote
That's awesome.

Posted: Dec 22, 2017 at 19:37 Quote
Yea, no shit, nice pick up!

Posted: Dec 22, 2017 at 23:26 Quote
Had a £20 voucher too so down from £419 to £179!!
All the parts from my Meta SX HT but, I need a new drive train, more than likely SLX or XT with a sunrace cassette
Cant wait

Posted: Dec 27, 2017 at 10:37 Quote
First build sesh seems very similar to the meta SX apart from the SLAMMED rear end. An the extra weight
First build sesh. Seems a lot like the old Meta SX apart from the SLAMED rear end!

Posted: Jan 6, 2018 at 4:54 Quote
DOB 5 1 18
DOB 5.1.18 only had a car park test as I got the lurgey. Wheelies like MFer!

Posted: Jan 6, 2018 at 10:43 Quote
nojzilla wrote:
DOB 5 1 18
DOB 5.1.18 only had a car park test as I got the lurgey. Wheelies like MFer!

Looks mint! Get well soon and go punish it! tup

Posted: Jan 30, 2018 at 5:24 Quote
hcbang wrote:
My Surge evo 2016 medium frame.
26" wheels, marzocchi all mountain 2 fork, shimano deore xt drivechain, avid brakes, One 760 handlebar with 70mm stem.

My freeride hardtail build NS Surge evo 2016 with parts from my old DH bike.

What size/length should i get when searching for a dropper post for my Surge frame?
I'm wondering about 150 travel since it's basicly a DJ frame. Or is 125mm enough?
Have already settled for a reverb stealth 30.9, but i am new to the dropper post world.

Posted: Jan 30, 2018 at 6:49 Quote
That depends mostly on personal preference I guess. Mainly, depending how tall you are, you want something that can extend to your ideal pedaling height, and will drop far enough out of the way to allow you to maneuver better. For me with my ~30 inch inseem 125 was enough. Beyond that it’s a bit luxury and how slammed you want the seat. I now have a 150 on my Stumpy which is pretty nice even though all I needed was 125.

Posted: Jan 30, 2018 at 11:01 Quote
StUone7 wrote:
That depends mostly on personal preference I guess. Mainly, depending how tall you are, you want something that can extend to your ideal pedaling height, and will drop far enough out of the way to allow you to maneuver better. For me with my ~30 inch inseem 125 was enough. Beyond that it’s a bit luxury and how slammed you want the seat. I now have a 150 on my Stumpy which is pretty nice even though all I needed was 125.

I use it mostly on pumptracks and short trips around.
So i need it to go low at the pumptrack and be good to pedal up and down trails.
But i can position my seatpost at 125 hight to test it out i guess.

Posted: Jan 30, 2018 at 12:11 Quote
hcbang wrote:
StUone7 wrote:

I use it mostly on pumptracks and short trips around.
So i need it to go low at the pumptrack and be good to pedal up and down trails.
But i can position my seatpost at 125 hight to test it out i guess.

For the different rides you could always adjust where it’s clamped. For pump tracks have it completely slammed, and when you go on trails raise it up some.

I feel like there usually isn’t a price deference between 125 and 150 droppers, and the Surge has plenty of stand over to accommodate the extra drop. So I’d say if prices are the same just go with the longer one. It only becomes an issue if your dropped at full extension is too tall, and that shouldn’t be a problem for you.

Posted: Jan 30, 2018 at 12:31 Quote
Ok, thanks for the good advice.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.022681
Mobile Version of Website