What to buy Talas or Reverlation?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
What to buy Talas or Reverlation?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jun 14, 2011 at 3:41 Quote
HI cant decide what to buy I currently run pike 454 coil u-turn 95-140 travel and ride 90% of the time in 120mm and the other 10% in 140mm. So thinking fox 32 Talas 120-150 or revelation rlt ti Dual Position Air 120-150.

both seem to come in 15qr / 1,1/8, both weigh the same (3.8lbs) both lock out. I'm thinking Fox but am I just being a brand junkie? My pikes have never let me down in three years!

http://www.sram.com/rockshox/products/revelation-rlt-ti

http://www.foxracingshox.com/2012preview/display.php?t=forks&p=32304

Please help!!

O+
Posted: Jun 15, 2011 at 8:30 Quote
I'm dealing with the same dilema, but i"m leaning more towards revelation, a couple of my riding buddies have been having problems with fox forks, my local bike shop has been sending a lot of fox forks back to get repaired, i've been told fox fit forks need servicing more often, since they run less oil than rock shox, but don't take my word for it , talk to your LBS.

O+
Posted: Jun 19, 2011 at 8:33 Quote
I just switched these two shocks on my 575, they're both great but I am really loving the revelation at the moment, and add in the fact that the revelation can be rebuilt by a human, namely me, I am going to stick with it for a while.

Posted: Jun 21, 2011 at 0:33 Quote
Everybody seems to be leaning towards the rev's. Much difference in the way they ride?

Posted: Jun 22, 2011 at 19:35 Quote
I ride the Fox Talas fork and have only compliments about this fork. Most forks in the same price range will be similar performance. I would look into local dealers around your area just incase you ever need to get your fork serviced you want it to be fast and not too long of a wait.

Posted: Jun 23, 2011 at 10:47 Quote
I work in a shop so can do most basic servicing but have TF Tuned and Mojo's just round the cornerif i get any major problems.

They ride the same, weigh the same, cost almost the same.

Just really cant decide what to buy!!

f*ck sake!!!!

Posted: Jun 27, 2011 at 9:11 Quote
I have a 36 talas on one bike and recently bought a bike with a rev rlt ti. So far I am more impressed with the rev. It is definitely plusher, even straight from the box and you cvan get full travel. I have never achieved full travel with the talas, even setting the pressure too low.

I think the rev is just a better fork

Posted: Jun 27, 2011 at 10:47 Quote
Cool nice one looks like rev's it is then!!

Posted: Jun 29, 2011 at 2:58 Quote
yeah i would go for them. if there is a problem ur LBS will beable to deal with it, unlike the foxes having to be sent off

Posted: Jun 29, 2011 at 14:17 Quote
the only thing i would say about the revs is i got mine and they needed a service straight out of the box ,so i sent them off to tf tuned and they said they get a lot of new rockshox just because of the way they are put together, i had them pushed, now i would not have anything else Big Grin

Posted: Jun 29, 2011 at 14:24 Quote
have a look on tf tuned website they have fox and rockshox and u know they will be ready to ride ,phone them up you tell your weight ,what sort of riding you do and they tune them for you , tell them your steer tube length they cut them down and put a star nut in, happy days Big Grin

Posted: Jun 29, 2011 at 16:14 Quote
Sweet, thanks for that its good to get some rider feedback.
Really surprised to see Rockshox coming out on top of the Fox is this a sign of things to come?

O+
Posted: Oct 1, 2011 at 12:12 Quote
I use to run a pike 454 air u turn; I was very happy with it, but decided to "upgrade" and go lighter with a Talas 32; big mistake, the pike is plusher and way more controlled than the talas. If you are coming from a qr fork then you will be happy with a talas 32 with 15qr, but if you are coming from a pike forget about it. Now I am selling my talas and looking to buy a revelation or a sektor with a maxle

Posted: Oct 1, 2011 at 12:34 Quote
i have one word KASHIMA :Cool :

Posted: Oct 1, 2011 at 12:35 Quote
I have rebuilt 15+ fox forks this year. Two rock shox. Granted there a a few more fox's out here but still. Revelation all the way for me!

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.013695
Mobile Version of Website