Sugarloaf?

• Previous Page
Posted: Jun 19, 2011 at 10:21 Quote
So who here rides regularly at sugarloaf?

Is it still lift accessible? Is it worth the drive from Moncton? Is there any other sweet lift-access hills close to the Hub City?

I've had a Bromont lift pass since 1999 and the past 4 years I'v rode a bit at Camp Fortune near Ottawa. This is my first summer back in NB since my early teens and I want to keep on DHing!

Anny suggestions?

Information on the Atlantic DH scene is also quite limited...

Discuss!

Posted: Jun 19, 2011 at 10:23 Quote
where abouts is sugarloaf?

Posted: Jun 20, 2011 at 7:39 Quote
Sugarloaf just opened for the season this past weekend. For more info you can visit their web page here:

http://www.sugarloafpark.ca/bikepark

I'm hoping to head up this coming weekend Smile

Posted: Jun 25, 2011 at 18:49 Quote
Sugarloaf is awesome!!! I went with my boyfriend last summer and had a great time! The drive from Moncton (we're from there too) wasn't too bad... about 4 hours. It's only open for the end of the week, though, so plan your trip.

Posted: Jul 5, 2011 at 7:46 Quote
it's the best thing in the maritimes. buffed trails to rockey rooty DH trails. jumps and bumps for all skill levels and bikes. hoss ass pump track with jumps too.
GO! thank me later.

Posted: Nov 20, 2011 at 15:49 Quote
I'm from Moncton. There were rumors for years (even from Bike shops) that Sugarloaf hadn't been used or groomed in years and that it was grown over. It was complete misinformation. Poley Mountain sometimes caters to downhillers in the summer. Moncton has Centennial Park for freeride and jumps and the Marc Boudreau trail with wooden singletrack and at least one massive drop.

Posted: Jun 5, 2012 at 9:26 Quote
ahhh a new season awaits us, see you there on the 22nd, 23rd, and 24th.
i do believe the weekend before that is the opener.
i know that there will be no new trails this year, but hopefully the crew up there will give a quick buff up to what's there. it was getting a little haggard towards the end of last year.

Posted: Jun 12, 2012 at 18:12 Quote
im going on the 16... and for the adrenaline bike festival....

racing the air dh (supa sweet) and the dh (kodiac)

i thing they going to open a new trail at the adrenaline bike festival.... from what i know its going to be a slopestyle track

Posted: Jun 14, 2012 at 9:05 Quote
Planning on going this summer...my lift virginity (on a bike anyways)
stoked to say the least!

Posted: Jun 14, 2012 at 14:17 Quote
your going to love sugarloaf.... and you will want more and more all summer long

Posted: Jun 18, 2012 at 9:24 Quote
we're heading up this thursday, maybe early enough to get a few runs thurs. evening. can't wait. boomcat you'll love every second of it.
hey math-05 stp, how was the slopestyle track? did they buff up the other tracks?

Posted: Jun 18, 2012 at 17:11 Quote
No buffing of the track for now... And no idea of the slopstyle track its and undercover project i think.... They just opening it on the adrenaline festival....

Posted: Jun 18, 2012 at 17:13 Quote
Its was and super nice day... Alot of sun... Trail was rad with the new bike

Posted: Jun 19, 2012 at 5:23 Quote
math-05stp wrote:
*And no idea of the slopstyle track its and undercover project i think.... They just opening it on the adrenaline festival....

When is the festival?

And nice faith man, is that the stock 2012? Looks sooooo nice.

Posted: Jun 19, 2012 at 17:22 Quote
Yep its a 2012 faith ride so well... The festival is the 13-15 july chek for facebook page or google, adrenaline bike festival

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014687
Mobile Version of Website