Alex Pro caught on camera in the Vancouver riot.

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Alex Pro caught on camera in the Vancouver riot.
Previous Page |
Posted: Jun 19, 2011 at 14:23 Quote
Did anyone see captain vancouvers site posting pics of Alex Pro helping flip a truck then posing in front of it in a Oakley shirt? Looks pretty bad on him and I don't think he can really explain for himself WTF he was doing.

Here's a Link... http://publicshamingeternus.wordpress.com/2011/06/18/alex-pro-sponsored-by-oakley-poses-in-vancouver-riots/

And another....http://www.flickr.com/photos/lungsliu/5838771115/in/photostream

Thoughts on this? Oakley Canada made a statement on their facebook page regarding the pics....

Posted: Jun 19, 2011 at 15:56 Quote
well he screwed it... you know theres this little taste of coolness to what he did but... i mean it was a stupid icehockey game, right? in that case he simply screwed up! destroying property of others = not cool!

tell oakley im free for a sponsorship anytime! lol

Posted: Jun 19, 2011 at 20:03 Quote
What an idiot. I hope he gets jail time.

There is no taste of coolness, it's totally ignorant and makes him an ass.

Sorry, no respect for anyone who thinks it's cool to destroy someone else's property.

Posted: Jun 20, 2011 at 7:19 Quote
dont get me wrong, i ment rebelion is that taste of cooleness, obviously its not at all cool to destroy others propertys, didnt mean to look like i support that =)

Posted: Jun 21, 2011 at 1:09 Quote
Ahhh that would explain this http://www.nsmb.com/4444-alex-pro-resigns

Posted: Jun 21, 2011 at 1:23 Quote
The car owner has insurance so who gives a toss who's involved

Posted: Jun 21, 2011 at 2:30 Quote
It was an electricians van with all his tools inside. Now his truck is trashed he cant work until it is fixed right, so that basically means he isnt getting paid

Posted: Jun 21, 2011 at 9:48 Quote
so just because his insurance pays it you think its alright to destroy others properties? c'mon...

imagine he had i dunno whatever........ the last picture of his grandma in the car lying and its burned now? huh? think further....

Posted: Jun 21, 2011 at 16:34 Quote
the kid has shown his true colours. he is a punk. too bad.

Posted: Jun 21, 2011 at 17:26 Quote
prochazka...? isn't there a prochazka who is in someway in charge of the WMBP? is this his son? i wanna say his name is Steve... could be wrong though...

Posted: Jun 21, 2011 at 21:09 Quote
I think it's Tom.
And apparently icbc has a clause that states that they don't cover damage caused by riots or acts of God. Not sure if that goes for comprehensive, but go figure.

Posted: Jun 23, 2011 at 3:17 Quote
Alex released a second apology via Whistler's 'Question' paper;

"I am extremely sorry about the negative light that has been cast on my community, my family and my many supporters in Whistler and everywhere else due to my highly publicized actions during the Vancouver riot. I sincerely apologize for what I did. More importantly, my thoughts are with the direct and indirect victims of that riot.
I promise all of you that I will do everything I can to make amends and be the best person I can be."

A lot more information about his sponsors and some of their statements over here.

Posted: Jun 23, 2011 at 5:08 Quote
lennyandcarl wrote:
I think it's Tom.
And apparently icbc has a clause that states that they don't cover damage caused by riots or acts of God. Not sure if that goes for comprehensive, but go figure.

yeah, thats covered under comprehensive (if he pays for it), even states that most things even the clause of "being struck by a missile" is covered by comprehensive i believe, comprehensive covers just about everything that can happen randomly to a vehicle, IE rising water, fire, lightning strikes, malicious mischief, theft, vadalism, earthquakes, hitting an animal (deer, elk, bears etc...), hail, civic commotion, and.. riots.

alex pro looks like an absolute greaseball, deffenetly not someone i would look at and think "i want this man to represent our company" and doing this brings my questions about him even higher. im hoping he does get jail time for what he does, there is no right for professional athletes to be acting the way he did. extremely shameful for not only himself, his family, but the mountain bike community as a whole.

Posted: Jun 24, 2011 at 0:28 Quote
He's gotten so much shit for this, the NSMB forums were blowing up.

Posted: Jun 24, 2011 at 18:01 Quote
jonathan-c wrote:
What an idiot. I hope he gets jail time.

There is no taste of coolness, it's totally ignorant and makes him an ass.

Sorry, no respect for anyone who thinks it's cool to destroy someone else's property.

you hope a 20 year old kid gets jail time for rolling over a totaled car? maybe some community service hours and a good scare but really jail time? what would you have done if you were a 20 year old in a riot? what would you do now that every person who owns a computer in the sea to sky reign had written letter to all of your sponsors and they have had no choice but fire/release you from your position? one bad mistake should not ruin his life, there are at least a million things worse that he could have done it's not like he killed someone after all. Hell he rolled a car over with 15 or 20 other people not saying it was the right thing to do but give the kid a break and get back to your life and stop trying to ruin someone else's.

Previous Page |

Copyright © 2000 - 2017. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.019382
Mobile Version of Website