Brakeless? why do so many people go brakes less and are giros good?

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Brakeless? why do so many people go brakes less and are giros good?
  • Previous Page
O+
Posted: Dec 9, 2007 at 13:09 Quote
The title says it all

All comments accepted

trying to figure out if i should switch my Haro to brakeless, one cable or keep the giro

Posted: Dec 9, 2007 at 13:21 Quote
It all depends. some people go brakeless because it makes them a better rider. After riding brakeless for a while I wouldnt go back to brakes. Brakes give you the option of pussying outWink .
I dont like gyro, because personally I think it looks cheap (and there isnt any reason to have it unles your gonna be doin some triple barspins). Besides with a straight cable, you can still spin your bars 2-3 times.

O+
Posted: Dec 9, 2007 at 13:25 Quote
hardtail123 wrote:
It all depends. some people go brakeless because it makes them a better rider. After riding brakeless for a while I wouldnt go back to brakes. Brakes give you the option of pussying outWink .
I dont like gyro, because personally I think it looks cheap (and there isnt any reason to have it unles your gonna be doin some triple barspins). Besides with a straight cable, you can still spin your bars 2-3 times.

thats wat i was going to do i just got done ordering some straight cable stuff and i just got done putting on my new sprocket Big Grin

Posted: Dec 9, 2007 at 14:07 Quote
1 1/2 barspins after that your brakes should lock up...thats what happened with mine...i like brakeless but ill be going back to brakes soon...maybe

O+
Posted: Dec 9, 2007 at 14:09 Quote
norcoman-1314 wrote:
1 1/2 barspins after that your brakes should lock up...thats what happened with mine...i like brakeless but ill be going back to brakes soon...maybe
thank i like to have some stoping power i went breakless at this bike course we call hilton and i went to put my foot in the tire and i didnt do it in time and so i broke my self against a tree

Posted: Dec 9, 2007 at 14:13 Quote
well you can always try not hitting trees...

O+
Posted: Dec 9, 2007 at 14:15 Quote
haha i wish it was like that but that tree was in my way and i couldent do anything about it

Posted: Dec 9, 2007 at 14:21 Quote
I ride brake less because i bought the bike wiht out cables on it but it still has the breaks. I havent go around to putting the cables on it yet so i just ride brake less its not to bad and it makes you a better rider beacsue you learn to do things with out them. also if you dont have breaks it makes you bike lighter. Some people never use there breaks so whats the point in havening them to.

Posted: Dec 9, 2007 at 14:32 Quote
I have a haro aswell. Last week I took of the gyro and the brakes altogether because im getting a linear cable. I've been riding brakeless in my basement because it snowny here and i find it alot easyer to do roll backs and stuff. I might continue to ride brakeless im not sure. I would suggest u try riding brakeless and see how you like it. If i were u I would atleast ditch the gyro (unless u can do triple bar spins)and get a linear cable. they work alot better and are a bit lighter than a gyro.

O+
Posted: Dec 9, 2007 at 14:39 Quote
iight thats wat im going to do thanks

Posted: Dec 9, 2007 at 17:17 Quote
ive always rode brakeless even when it wasnt trendy. ive tried breaks its nice but i hated always having to dail them it . ive been gioiung through alot of shoes though going breakless

O+
Posted: Dec 9, 2007 at 17:22 Quote
ya i was just working on my bike and i wen out riding a couple hours ago in the snow street riding and i liked the way breakless felt but i almost go hit by a car lol ( my fault) but 2marrow im going to try it again i have no school (cause i got suspended) but i might go to the store and buy a cable i took the giro off and its set for a cable
thank
nick

Posted: Dec 9, 2007 at 17:23 Quote
is your shoes wear out buy better shoes...like actual biking ones...

O+
Posted: Dec 9, 2007 at 17:26 Quote
norcoman-1314 wrote:
is your shoes wear out buy better shoes...like actual biking ones...
ya but all shoes are going to wear out

i haven't had a problem with shoes ive always had brakes

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016112
Mobile Version of Website