Magic Link DELETE

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Magic Link DELETE
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jun 22, 2011 at 9:50 Quote
I have a 2008 Kona Coilair Deluxe. I like the "magic link" but when I want to take the bike off big stuff I hate the giving feeling of the magic links spring compressing.
I want to delete the magic link. I'm thinking that I can take out the spring and sorrounding hardware then just weld a piece of steel rod with an eyelet at each end for the bolts to go through. If this works I'll probably get some lighter material.

What do you guys think? Is there any structural problems with doing this?

Thanks in advance.

Posted: Jun 22, 2011 at 10:03 Quote
The whole idea behind the bike is that off the big stuff the magic link will make it feel better. From my use of the magic link i really dont think it would be a good idea. Alot of force is put through that area. I think youd destroy your bearing pretty quickly tbh. Make sure you have the spring in the TOP hole and you should look into getting a harder elastomer spring for it.

Posted: Jun 22, 2011 at 11:10 Quote
Daire wrote:
The whole idea behind the bike is that off the big stuff the magic link will make it feel better. From my use of the magic link i really dont think it would be a good idea. Alot of force is put through that area. I think youd destroy your bearing pretty quickly tbh. Make sure you have the spring in the TOP hole and you should look into getting a harder elastomer spring for it.

TY. Yeah the spring is in the top hole. I have the spring spun pretty far in to try and get it stiffer. My search for a harder spring begins.
Thanks again.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.007951
Mobile Version of Website