2012 Specialized Demo 8/ bikes

PB Forum :: Downhill
2012 Specialized Demo 8/ bikes
Posted: Jun 29, 2013 at 21:04 Quote
Mup33t wrote:
Problem is the rc4 is off a v10, although 2013 its not brand new. Can I swap rebound knobs between rc4 and van rc? Or can I at least adjust rebound using an Allen key? I am a set and forget kinda guy.... also are the odi bumpers better than the OEM? Will place order tomorrow! Really appreciate the help guys

if you can't swap it from the old shock(not sure) you likely can just use an allen to set it, thats what i do on my vivid coil. I hear great things about the odi bumpers and am almost sold on them, because i hate the fact that mine slide around.

Posted: Jun 30, 2013 at 5:08 Quote
My Demo in its current state...

Specialized Demo 8 Carbon 2013 -
Specialized Demo 8 Carbon 2013 -

Still need to cut down steerer tube, install some x0 carbon cranks, MRP G3 carbon, ice tech rotors etc. Then I will start to look into wheelsets! All bolts on th ebike, apart from rear shock mounting bolts, are titanium

Posted: Jun 30, 2013 at 5:11 Quote
Also can someone please do me a huge favour who ones a 2013 demo (although im sure any "8" will apply).

Can they please tell me what size the cable routing bolts are that run down the bottom tube? My bike is currently being stored elsewhere so cant remove one to check at this time. im sure the diamter is M3 (not 100%) and unsure on length

Posted: Jun 30, 2013 at 9:07 Quote
Mikeyc1988 wrote:
Also can someone please do me a huge favour who ones a 2013 demo (although im sure any "8" will apply).

Can they please tell me what size the cable routing bolts are that run down the bottom tube? My bike is currently being stored elsewhere so cant remove one to check at this time. im sure the diamter is M3 (not 100%) and unsure on length

Confirmed it IS a 3mm allen. You know that you need to cut down a regular "L" shaped allen to get to that front cable routing clamp bolt?

Posted: Jun 30, 2013 at 9:10 Quote
motoxxxer26 wrote:
Mikeyc1988 wrote:

Confirmed it IS a 3mm allen. You know that you need to cut down a regular "L" shaped allen to get to that front cable routing clamp bolt?

That was a pain!

Posted: Jun 30, 2013 at 10:24 Quote
motoxxxer26 wrote:
Mikeyc1988 wrote:

Hi there, thanks got that. I'm sure length doesn't matter as they go into the frame anyway with no stopping length as sich? Already had them out previously when I had to change my rear brake.

Posted: Jun 30, 2013 at 17:11 Quote
Mikeyc1988 wrote:

I'm sure length doesn't matter as they go in...

Length always matters.

Posted: Jun 30, 2013 at 17:17 Quote
Mup33t wrote:
Mikeyc1988 wrote:

I'm sure length doesn't matter as they go in...

Length always matters.
10mm length. the factory ones are unecessarily long.

Posted: Jun 30, 2013 at 19:02 Quote
Perhaps my humor was lost on you.

Posted: Jun 30, 2013 at 19:27 Quote
Anyone know anything about fitting a single crown on a Demo so the fork crown has clearance with the frame?

Posted: Jul 1, 2013 at 6:01 Quote
Mup33t wrote:
Perhaps my humor was lost on you.

No it was appreciated. lol

Posted: Jul 1, 2013 at 9:19 Quote
motoxxxer26 wrote:
Anyone know anything about fitting a single crown on a Demo so the fork crown has clearance with the frame?

Yes.

Which fork?

Posted: Jul 1, 2013 at 10:49 Quote
Hobo1337 wrote:
Mup33t wrote:
Problem is the rc4 is off a v10, although 2013 its not brand new. Can I swap rebound knobs between rc4 and van rc? Or can I at least adjust rebound using an Allen key? I am a set and forget kinda guy.... also are the odi bumpers better than the OEM? Will place order tomorrow! Really appreciate the help guys

if you can't swap it from the old shock(not sure) you likely can just use an allen to set it, thats what i do on my vivid coil. I hear great things about the odi bumpers and am almost sold on them, because i hate the fact that mine slide around.

you have to completely disassemble both shocks which unless you're nitrogen charge qualified you can't do. you can grind off the knob section and slot it to use a screw driver. not recommended but would be a much cheaper alternative to sending it to fox for the swap which will be at least $100 due to the total tear down.

Posted: Jul 1, 2013 at 11:05 Quote
livingkills wrote:
motoxxxer26 wrote:

Yes.

Which fork?

I was thinking Fox Float or Van 1st. Totem would also be sweet. Are all the people that are running single crown on a Demo having to use a straight 1-1/8" or can you use a tapered steer?

Posted: Jul 1, 2013 at 11:20 Quote
^ you need to change your lower to a 1.5" cup if you wanna use a tapered steerer fork.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.019938
Mobile Version of Website