2012 Specialized Demo 8/ bikes

PB Forum :: Downhill
2012 Specialized Demo 8/ bikes
Posted: Jan 16, 2014 at 22:37 Quote
live2ride429 wrote:
JordanSmith127 wrote:
so never been on this thread before but, if anyone here can help me out that would be rad. first off i have had several Demos in the past and i work at a shop that carrier Specialized and my new Carbon Demo should be coming next week…so in the past i have ran e13 cranksets with the PF30 BB and every things great. I picked up some 2013 saints this time around because i got them for practically free, i really would like to avoid using the adapter to run a normal threaded BB with the saints. now the confusion is i think what i have is a PF30 BB shell and cranks that should be ran with a BB30 and have the shimano 24mm spindle….now the saints are 83mm and i can't figure out if the demos PF30 is a 68/73mm or a 83mm or is it neither and just a PF30? so basically what I'm wondering is….what should i run BB wise to work with my cranks and frame. i would like to use something nice like a King bb but it looks like they only work with a 73mm shell, id assume the demo is an 83mm

we have this in stock at the shop right now (Arts Cyclery) if it would work id definitely run it just don't know the width for sure on the demo

chris king PF30 for a 68/73
[L=http://www.artscyclery.com/Chris_King_PF30_Bottom_Bracket_/descpage-CKPF3S.html?crumb=MTMCOMP]http://www.artscyclery.com/Chris_King_PF30_Bottom_Bracket_/descpage-CKPF3S.html?

crumb=MTMCOMP[/L]

chris king adapter #2 (for a pf30-shimano crank)
http://www.artscyclery.com/Chris_King_Bottom_Bracket_Adapter_2_PF30_-_Shimano_MTN/descpage-CKBBASHIMM.html?crumb=MTMCOMP

if anyone could point me in the direction of what i should run that would be rad! I'm normally good with anything bike related but this BB issue is driving me insane i can't figure it out Madder

Just run the race face pf30 to 24mm bb it works great and last long enough for what you;ll pay for it.

my only concern with that like the kings is it says for 68/73mm and my cranks are 83mm…so do i have no options other than the adapter to thread my bb i have into?

*edit, i guess they do make a 83mm one according to race faces website thanks bro

Posted: Jan 16, 2014 at 22:46 Quote
JordanSmith127 wrote:
live2ride429 wrote:
JordanSmith127 wrote:
so never been on this thread before but, if anyone here can help me out that would be rad. first off i have had several Demos in the past and i work at a shop that carrier Specialized and my new Carbon Demo should be coming next week…so in the past i have ran e13 cranksets with the PF30 BB and every things great. I picked up some 2013 saints this time around because i got them for practically free, i really would like to avoid using the adapter to run a normal threaded BB with the saints. now the confusion is i think what i have is a PF30 BB shell and cranks that should be ran with a BB30 and have the shimano 24mm spindle….now the saints are 83mm and i can't figure out if the demos PF30 is a 68/73mm or a 83mm or is it neither and just a PF30? so basically what I'm wondering is….what should i run BB wise to work with my cranks and frame. i would like to use something nice like a King bb but it looks like they only work with a 73mm shell, id assume the demo is an 83mm

we have this in stock at the shop right now (Arts Cyclery) if it would work id definitely run it just don't know the width for sure on the demo

[L=http://www.artscyclery.com/Chris_King_PF30_Bottom_Bracket_/descpage-CKPF3S.html?crumb=MTMCOMP]http://www.artscyclery.com/Chris_King_PF30_Bottom_Bracket_/descpage-CKPF3S.html?

crumb=MTMCOMP[/L]

http://www.artscyclery.com/Chris_King_Bottom_Bracket_Adapter_2_PF30_-_Shimano_MTN/descpage-CKBBASHIMM.html?crumb=MTMCOMP

if anyone could point me in the direction of what i should run that would be rad! I'm normally good with anything bike related but this BB issue is driving me insane i can't figure it out Madder

Just run the race face pf30 to 24mm bb it works great and last long enough for what you;ll pay for it.

my only concern with that like the kings is it says for 68/73mm and my cranks are 83mm…so do i have no options other than the adapter to thread my bb i have into?

*edit, i guess they do make a 83mm one according to race faces website thanks bro

Yeah i ran the 83mm one last season. Just be careful when your pressing it in, that you don't crack the plastic seal

Posted: Jan 16, 2014 at 22:50 Quote
live2ride429 wrote:
JordanSmith127 wrote:
live2ride429 wrote:

Yeah i ran the 83mm one last season. Just be careful when your pressing it in, that you don't crack the plastic seal

my only issue is i can't find anywhere in the US online with it in stock everyone is sold out except like CRC or places in the UK. id like to run the king one but not sure if adding just that adapter kit will widen it enough

edit* price point has one in stock so it seems!

Posted: Jan 16, 2014 at 22:53 Quote
JordanSmith127 wrote:
live2ride429 wrote:
JordanSmith127 wrote:

my only issue is i can't find anywhere in the US online with it in stock everyone is sold out except like CRC or places in the UK. id like to run the king one but not sure if adding just that adapter kit will widen it enough

The adaptor your looking at works the same as the one that comes with your demo. However its metal instead of plastic so that's better already.

Does the BB not qualify for free freight on CRC?

Posted: Jan 16, 2014 at 23:01 Quote
live2ride429 wrote:
JordanSmith127 wrote:
live2ride429 wrote:

The adaptor your looking at works the same as the one that comes with your demo. However its metal instead of plastic so that's better already.

Does the BB not qualify for free freight on CRC?

the chris king adapter? i was thinking of running there BB with there adapter but the problem is the bb is a 68//73mm and my cranks are a 83mm not sure if the adapter makes that difference up or how/if that will even work, maybe king doesn't do a 83mm pf30…but turns out price point is back order too and logged into our supplier site and there even out of stock on there so not sure just trying to get something quick but looks like if the king stuff won't work the CRC is the only option

Posted: Jan 17, 2014 at 0:10 Quote
JordanSmith127 wrote:
live2ride429 wrote:
JordanSmith127 wrote:

edit* price point has one in stock so it seems!

It would be sick if these guys did a 83mm version
http://praxiscycles.com/conversion-bb/

Posted: Jan 17, 2014 at 4:10 Quote
CALEBkona wrote:
Clefrigh wrote:
hydesg wrote:
just made a rear butt fender.
hope it works.

DIY butt fender

Nice one man, how you did it?, Are you going to do more?, I would like to take one, w00t.

Cheers!

same here lol I will pay up to 60$ maxxx...lol

This wont work, I had one on mine exactly like this (home made too) and when under full compression it would go under the top bit of linkage and get caught. You need to make the top part longer!!

Posted: Jan 17, 2014 at 15:13 Quote
marsh guard
CALEBkona wrote:
Clefrigh wrote:
hydesg wrote:
just made a rear butt fender.
hope it works.

DIY butt fender

Nice one man, how you did it?, Are you going to do more?, I would like to take one, w00t.

Cheers!

same here lol I will pay up to 60$ maxxx...lol
I did that with a mucky nutzzzzzzzzzzz. fits perfectly, just have to make new holes for the ty raps

Posted: Jan 17, 2014 at 15:37 Quote
Yours is bigger hence why it does work!

Posted: Jan 17, 2014 at 15:59 Quote
Big-Dog wrote:
Yours is bigger hence why it does work!
protects the shock pretty well too!

Posted: Jan 17, 2014 at 17:57 Quote
Selling my black steed for a carbon and plastic version.

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/1498413/

Posted: Jan 20, 2014 at 16:03 Quote
JordanSmith127 wrote:

http://www.artscyclery.com/Chris_King_PF30_Bottom_Bracket_/descpage-CKPF3S.html?crumb=MTMCOMP

You don't even ride hard enough to break the plastic adaptor for the bb. Just run it...

Posted: Jan 20, 2014 at 22:18 Quote
Where can I find this cable guide on piggyback ??
I have ask my local specialized shops , but they can't find it :/

http://www.nsmb.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/2013-specialized-demo-8-i-carbon-14.jpg

Posted: Jan 21, 2014 at 17:48 Quote
Appel82 wrote:
Where can I find this cable guide on piggyback ??
I have ask my local specialized shops , but they can't find it :/

http://www.nsmb.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/2013-specialized-demo-8-i-carbon-14.jpg

I have one that I can sell to you, pm me.

Posted: Jan 24, 2014 at 7:39 Quote
found a good deal on a 2014 vivid r2c, but it's a ML tune. I heard MM was ideal. i'm a pretty agressive rider and I like my rebound pretty quick too. would the ML work for the demo or should I pass?

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015748
Mobile Version of Website