2008 Santacruz Jackal

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
2008 Santacruz Jackal
  • Previous Page
Posted: Dec 9, 2007 at 15:14 Quote
this is my bike for the 2008 season, its 29lbs, jumps perfect, hate it love it i dotn care because im in love, thanks arrowsmith bikes and kebble for making this happen

photo
https://ep2.pinkbike.org/photo/1638/pbpic1638623.jpg

Posted: Dec 9, 2007 at 15:23 Quote
HOLY SHIT THIS IS A NICE BIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted: Dec 9, 2007 at 15:24 Quote
ill be done with mine by february. and its gonna be much nicer

Posted: Dec 9, 2007 at 15:25 Quote
foxmtbing wrote:
ill be done with mine by february. and its gonna be much nicer

I hope it doesnt have deemax!

Posted: Dec 9, 2007 at 15:29 Quote
Yeah same, deemax aren't really jump rims, secondly the spoking is poor. EX721 is much better.

Posted: Dec 9, 2007 at 15:32 Quote
every thing is good exept the frame

Posted: Dec 9, 2007 at 15:37 Quote
Joeyy wrote:
Yeah same, deemax aren't really jump rims, secondly the spoking is poor. EX721 is much better.

What are you supporting that comment on? Deemax wheels are used on the entire whistler rental fleet... by dh racers/freeriders and street riders all over the world. They are super light.... tubless compatible and you have the balls to say that it is not a good jump rim? I don't get it. There is almost zero diffrence in the dee max and the 721 as far as technology and construction go. Have you ever ridden a 721... 729... 321...521... dee max any of them?

Posted: Dec 9, 2007 at 15:39 Quote
the hubs are what the problem is.

why spend 1500+ on a wheelset like this when you can buy brand new 823's and build them to ANYT hub you want.

dumb idea to have deemax's.

Posted: Dec 9, 2007 at 15:39 Quote
how much did all this run ya?

Posted: Dec 9, 2007 at 15:40 Quote
I ride 721's on this years RMX and they are awsome. They handle coming up short and bringing whips too far out and not bringing them back in.

Posted: Dec 9, 2007 at 15:55 Quote
bikenation wrote:
Joeyy wrote:

What are you supporting that comment on? Deemax wheels are used on the entire whistler rental fleet... by dh racers/freeriders and street riders all over the world. They are super light.... tubless compatible and you have the balls to say that it is not a good jump rim? I don't get it. There is almost zero diffrence in the dee max and the 721 as far as technology and construction go. Have you ever ridden a 721... 729... 321...521... dee max any of them?

Deemax hubs/spokes are garbage. You can back this up by asking racers how often they have to do maintenance on there hubs/true there wheels. They are a race rim, not a DJ rim. 823s are the exact same hoop as the deemax with the exception that you can build them up on any hub you want like a hadley or king and make them stronger. Lets not forget they arent yellow. OH NO Cry Not only is the hadley/king + 823 a stronger combination, but also cheaper. In my opinion, most people just get deemax cause they are yellow... Have you ever ridden a 721, 729, 321, 521?

Posted: Dec 9, 2007 at 16:04 Quote
emccurrie wrote:
holy shit why dont you guys just shut up! there flashy yellow i like them there light who cares there already on the bike, i've had them for a year and i havn't blown anything, yea 1500 is a rip off, do you think i paid that NO, i paid 500 brand new and i love it, stop putting my bike down end of descusion last time i post my bike to see some positive coments about the bikes, all you guys complain about parts or what it looks like, f*ck pinkbike has gotton alot gayer now

I'm not putting your bike down, just having a discussion with this person here about deemax. Its a nice bike, though it was pretty cocky of you to put nicest one ever. I personally wouldnt own deemax but at that price, what the hell.

Posted: Dec 9, 2007 at 16:04 Quote
bikenation wrote:
Joeyy wrote:

they are a haorribel jump rim. they wont crack but they will go out of true instead so when yo land a jump funny thre goes your rim.

Posted: Dec 9, 2007 at 16:17 Quote
Wow that is sooo niceEek

Posted: Dec 9, 2007 at 16:41 Quote
I am currently running 729's on my hardtail and 721's on my fully. I have owned dee max's and I never once had any problem with them... I would buy them again in a heart beat. All I was asking was for that one person to back up his statement with more then what he said.

For the record I love the bike. Great frame great build up, not feelin the minty freshness but still a great bike!

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.010258
Mobile Version of Website