Titus FTM got screwed

• Previous Page
Posted: Jun 25, 2011 at 11:06 Quote
I recomended Titus to my Long time Bike friend. He bought the 09 FTM for 895.00 from Jenson and took the winter to Build it. After months of saving and placing each part on the bike he took it for a quick coast down the driveway ( with no pedals) and the seat stay was spagetti.... flexed so much that the tire rubbed!!! Called jenson, they said it was past the 60 day return policy , emailed on one.....no answer. They both new this problem exsisted and sold the bike anyway!! Dont buy anything from Jenson, On One, or Titus

Posted: Jun 26, 2011 at 11:31 Quote
best advice?

break the bike back down

put the frame on EBAY, someone will buy it for sure, and your friend should get most of his wasted money back

get something solid from one of the big brands like Specialized, Trek, Giant

or shop around and see if you can find something 2nd hand from a US brand like Ellsworth, the Moment MK2 all-mountain is available for reasonable money and those frames are pretty bombproof as they are somewhat overbuilt compared to other Ellsworths Wink

Posted: Jun 26, 2011 at 17:08 Quote
Thought Titus was out of business?

Posted: Jun 27, 2011 at 16:20 Quote
hampsteadbandit wrote:
best advice?

break the bike back down

put the frame on EBAY, someone will buy it for sure, and your friend should get most of his wasted money back

get something solid from one of the big brands like Specialized, Trek, Giant

or shop around and see if you can find something 2nd hand from a US brand like Ellsworth, the Moment MK2 all-mountain is available for reasonable money and those frames are pretty bombproof as they are somewhat overbuilt compared to other Ellsworths Wink

Posted: Jun 27, 2011 at 16:26 Quote
Thanks, I can't pass this mess onto anyone else. Got a responce from Titus today, they want pictures. I own my own business and eat shit that is'nt even my fault to make a 100% satisfaction. 895.00 is going to buy them 1800.00 in bad press. Why buy Titus if you are not going to back the brand? My motolite is a great bike.....it make little sence to me to buy a brand and walk away from the product? Whats up with that???

Posted: Jun 27, 2011 at 16:27 Quote
comacruz wrote:
Thought Titus was out of business?

Posted: Jun 27, 2011 at 16:31 Quote
They are but ON ONE bought them so in my opion they are still in business under new owner. If i buy a business I buy their problems. Not sure if Titus went bankrupt then on one bought the assets or if ON ONE bought Titus in trouble. Two different things, seem to me they bought the brand but do not want to back the product!!

Posted: Jun 27, 2011 at 19:40 Quote
don't buy an Ellsworth ,Tony is a dick and their bikes are crap.

O+
Posted: Jun 28, 2011 at 21:15 Quote
Titus went bankrupt, On One bought them. The new brand manager of Titus is Shiggy from mtbr. You really outta post about the frame on the titus forum there if you want speedy resolution. Posting a complaint about something on pinkbike is like trying to piss up a rope. Oh sure it might get some applause from the kids on here, but its really not going to accomplish anything.

Posted: Jun 29, 2011 at 12:50 Quote
rideonjon wrote:
don't buy an Ellsworth ,Tony is a dick and their bikes are crap.

totally agree that Tony EW is a dick (its pretty common knowledge..)

but Ellsworth bikes (despite Tony EW) are certainly not "crap"

the EW Epiphany and Moment have won multiple awards in the trail and all-mountain cateogories of numerous magazine tests both in the USA , Europe and UK

the Moment is a fantastic all-mountain bike, easily one of the the best "FSR" style 4-bar on the market in terms of pedalling efficiency and ride quality

photo

this is my riding buddy John on his EW Moment MK2, no complaints from him despite regular DH uplift days and vacations to the French Alps where he overtakes riders on 8" DH bikes

photo

Posted: Jun 29, 2011 at 13:08 Quote
mainemtbr wrote:
Thanks, I can't pass this mess onto anyone else. Got a responce from Titus today, they want pictures. I own my own business and eat shit that is'nt even my fault to make a 100% satisfaction. 895.00 is going to buy them 1800.00 in bad press. Why buy Titus if you are not going to back the brand? My motolite is a great bike.....it make little sence to me to buy a brand and walk away from the product? Whats up with that???

For being 38, and a business owner, your writing skills are pretty terrible.

Very few companies will buy a brand and then warranty past workmanship. Shitty, but that tends to be a risk with buying discontinued items. Also if you bought this from a actual bike shop, I am sure you would be having a much better experience.

If this is your $1,800 in bad press, then they got one hell of a deal.

Can you blame them for wanting pictures. You are a business owner, if you sold something that had a failure would you just replace it no questions asked?

I think you need to calm down a touch and just hear these guys out.

O+
Posted: Jun 29, 2011 at 14:26 Quote
Yes I just noticed that too, what the hell is so hard about providing photographs of proof to Titus ?! It wouldn't be perhaps that the photos would show obvious damage that was done to the frame and this whole "spaghetti" rear end story is just that... a story.

Also its strange that nobody else who bought the 09 frames from Jenson (and many are already posting photos and write-ups of their builds on the Titus forum of mtbr) has mentioned some sort of known problem of a spaghetti rear end.

Posted: Jun 29, 2011 at 14:46 Quote
Who built the wheels? Hand-built? Home built?

We had a guy who was convinced his stumpy had a soupy rear end. He sat there and sent us all these pictures, we told him to just come in. He built it own wheel, with about half the tension. So it just flopped around.

Posted: Jun 29, 2011 at 16:58 Quote
bonfire wrote:
mainemtbr wrote:

Very few companies will buy a brand and then warranty past workmanship. Shitty, but that tends to be a risk with buying discontinued items. Also if you bought this from a actual bike shop, I am sure you would be having a much better experience.

Can you blame them for wanting pictures. You are a business owner, if you sold something that had a failure would you just replace it no questions asked?

Posted: Jun 29, 2011 at 18:04 Quote
mainemtbr wrote:
bonfire wrote:
mainemtbr wrote:

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016815
Mobile Version of Website