A good wet tyre for racing

PB Forum :: Downhill
A good wet tyre for racing
Posted: Jun 27, 2011 at 14:57 Quote
Nobble wrote:
I'm afraid it is my solemn duty to inform you all that maxxis fail at life....
corrected Wink

Posted: Jun 27, 2011 at 14:58 Quote
bxxer-rider wrote:
Nobble wrote:
corrected Wink

no.

Posted: Jun 27, 2011 at 15:05 Quote
uttanutta12 wrote:
bxxer-rider wrote:
Nobble wrote:
corrected Wink

no.
i lold

Posted: Jun 27, 2011 at 15:39 Quote
bxxer-rider wrote:
you may laugh at continental, but they are so amazingly BETTER then any thing maxxis have EVER made..

That must be why the Athertons are the face of Continental Tyres, but race on Maxxis with the logos blacked out.

Posted: Jun 27, 2011 at 16:00 Quote
i have some spikes for sale brand new specialized storms 40 quid a pair brand new or i can give you ones with 90% tred left for 30 or 80% tred wetscreams for 25

Posted: Jun 27, 2011 at 16:00 Quote
harriieee wrote:
bxxer-rider wrote:
you may laugh at continental, but they are so amazingly BETTER then any thing maxxis have EVER made..

That must be why the Athertons are the face of Continental Tyres, but race on Maxxis with the logos blacked out.
thats befor e the new tyres are out te new ones are sick spoke to rep last week !!!!!! and maxxxis will be going up sooon over 50 squid a tyre

Posted: Jun 27, 2011 at 16:05 Quote
joshwatsits wrote:
harriieee wrote:
bxxer-rider wrote:

thats befor e the new tyres are out te new ones are sick spoke to rep last week !!!!!! and maxxxis will be going up sooon over 50 squid a tyre

Didn't they just go up in price to 45?

Posted: Jun 27, 2011 at 16:08 Quote
peter413 wrote:
joshwatsits wrote:
harriieee wrote:

Didn't they just go up in price to 45?
yep but they are going higher aswelll next year will be alot

Posted: Jun 27, 2011 at 16:46 Quote
joshwatsits wrote:
harriieee wrote:
bxxer-rider wrote:

a few of my friends are running mud and dry protos for 2012... they're not that impressed.
there's a set rainking pro ltd in my garage waiting to get get ridden but minion 2.5 super tacky are simply the best tires i've ridden so far

Posted: Jun 27, 2011 at 22:28 Quote
yeah noticed , because my tubeless tyres were around £35 when i bought them before christmas , your talking nearly £50 each for a maxxis minion tubeless.

Posted: Jun 28, 2011 at 2:04 Quote
joshwatsits wrote:
harriieee wrote:
bxxer-rider wrote:

If you think Continental are somehow immune to the fluctuations of the oil market, you need to have yourself another think.

Posted: Jun 28, 2011 at 2:08 Quote
harriieee wrote:
joshwatsits wrote:
harriieee wrote:

If you think Continental are somehow immune to the fluctuations of the oil market, you need to have yourself another think.
exactly , but if maxxis are going to be better in the long run , what's £10 here or there

Posted: Jun 28, 2011 at 2:10 Quote
harriieee wrote:
joshwatsits wrote:
harriieee wrote:

the conti prices arent going up and the amount of oil based products continental buy yes it is a seperate division of the company but it will take it from the plc's stocks

Posted: Jun 28, 2011 at 9:37 Quote
joshwatsits wrote:
harriieee wrote:
joshwatsits wrote:

the conti prices arent going up and the amount of oil based products continental buy yes it is a seperate division of the company but it will take it from the plc's stocks
reason prices are going up so much is base product of maxxis has gone up, the masses of transport costs have gone up and now china labour costs.

blackchilli is not as oil based as its a synthetic rubber, German labour costs haven't gone up as much as china and they already have less transport costs. therefore conti wont rise as much and since they are already 50quid a tire they will just take the tny hit on slightly less profit.

Posted: Jun 28, 2011 at 9:39 Quote
bxxer-rider wrote:
joshwatsits wrote:
harriieee wrote:

reason prices are going up so much is base product of maxxis has gone up, the masses of transport costs have gone up and now china labour costs.

blackchilli is not as oil based as it's a synthetic rubber, German labour costs haven't gone up as much as china and they already have less transport costs. therefore conti wont rise as much and since they are already 50quid a tire they will just take the tny hit on slightly less profit.

please come back when you can comprehend basic chemistry, thank you.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.024440
Mobile Version of Website