A good wet tyre for racing

PB Forum :: Downhill
A good wet tyre for racing
Posted: Jun 28, 2011 at 10:24 Quote
No tyres now....some c*nt stole my bike this afternoon..

Posted: Jun 28, 2011 at 11:08 Quote
joshwatsits wrote:
the conti prices arent going up and the amount of oil based products continental buy yes it is a seperate division of the company but it will take it from the plc's stocks

And Maxxis is part of Exxon Mobil. Just because they're owned by oil giants doesn't mean they can magically get free oil, they still have to pay for it.

Posted: Jun 28, 2011 at 11:12 Quote
bxxer-rider wrote:
blackchilli is not as oil based as its a synthetic rubber

That's actually some of the dumbest shit I've ever read. Think synthetic rubber's so special? Synthetic rubber is more common than natural rubber, and it's derived from petroleum. If anything this makes it more vulnerable to oil price fluctuations, as natural rubber is derived from latex.

Posted: Jun 28, 2011 at 11:24 Quote
Maybe if oil prices keep increasing we'll start to see natural rubber tires...

Posted: Jun 28, 2011 at 11:37 Quote
Wont stop them rising in price, they still have to get from A to B.

Posted: Jun 28, 2011 at 11:45 Quote
It'd help, you'd be reducing one of the costs...

Posted: Jun 28, 2011 at 11:46 Quote
No you wouldnt. Natural Rubber would cost more and take alot more transportation and refinement costs.

Posted: Jun 28, 2011 at 11:51 Quote
Depends on how expensive petroleum gets Wink

Posted: Jun 28, 2011 at 11:54 Quote
Its going to get very expensive.

Posted: Jun 28, 2011 at 13:42 Quote
harriieee wrote:
bxxer-rider wrote:

That's actually some of the dumbest shit I've ever read. Think synthetic rubber's so special? Synthetic rubber is more common than natural rubber, and it's derived from petroleum. If anything this makes it more vulnerable to oil price fluctuations, as natural rubber is derived from latex.
lol

Posted: Jun 28, 2011 at 13:55 Quote
K-Forbes wrote:
harriieee wrote:
bxxer-rider wrote:

lol
your point?

Posted: Jun 28, 2011 at 14:06 Quote
Nobble wrote:
K-Forbes wrote:
harriieee wrote:

lol
your point?
the fact he is saying synthetic rubber isn't oil based , which it is , it is a oil based , that has been through the cracking process

Posted: Jun 28, 2011 at 14:11 Quote
K-Forbes wrote:
Nobble wrote:
K-Forbes wrote:
lol
your point?
the fact he is saying synthetic rubber isn't oil based , which it is , it is a oil based , that has been through the cracking process
Facepalm your reading comprehension skills are astonishingly lacking

Posted: Jun 28, 2011 at 14:17 Quote
harriieee wrote:
bxxer-rider wrote:

wroooooooonggggg synthetic rubbber is harder to manufactor and has higher costs ! most synethitic rubbbers have a smalll percentage of rubber in them

Posted: Jun 28, 2011 at 14:23 Quote
Nobble wrote:
K-Forbes wrote:
Nobble wrote:
your point?
Facepalm your reading comprehension skills are astonishingly lacking
+1

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017052
Mobile Version of Website