Gopro mount

PB Forum :: Biking Videos
Gopro mount
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jul 2, 2011 at 10:02 Quote
Ok so my gopro arrived in the post today, its so good. I went for the 960 wide angle and im going to give it a proper go but i was wondering where the best place to mount is, ive tried having the extended arm mount on top and it doesnt give the perspective of the rider very much as its too tall
I then took the middle peak bolt of my helmet out so it could be pushed back further and put the shortest gopro mount on the gopro and put it under the peak in the forehead area, this gave the best view but ive never seen anyone else try it I was wondering if there was a reason why. I have a The One Industries helmet by the way
Cheers Alfie

Posted: Jul 15, 2011 at 1:43 Quote
I just use Every angle I can think of. Once you find one you love keep using it! I like changing it up as much as possible though.

Posted: Jul 16, 2011 at 19:43 Quote
yea I am kinda wondering the same myself, I tried sticking on the top of my helmet, the angle looks all wrong on video and it makes all the jumps/features look dinky. Plus it vibrates way too much and makes you wanna puke just watching the footage.

The best quality I've seen is when people stick them to the sides of the helmet, seems to give the proper perspective of the rider too. I'm just worried that if I crash on that side I'll mess up the camera and my nice new helmet.

Posted: Dec 3, 2013 at 23:30 Quote
You can get the cage mounts off ebay that will fit under the peak , think thats what they used at rampage ! I'm gona try that next I think , it makes every look flat on top of your lid

Posted: Feb 6, 2014 at 14:32 Quote
For a decent edited video I find it best to have as many angles as possible. Maybe take some shots from the helmet, chesty, handlebar mount, rearward seat mount, etc.

Then join the video together using as many as possible and it should look pretty trick. Some funky music always helps too! Ha

Posted: Apr 10, 2014 at 3:03 Quote
I have my Hero3Plus mounted under my peak with the normal caseing mounted upside down using the forward mount kit. that way gives me plenty of adjustment and the best rider perspective.

As previously mentioned some of the riders for the 2013 Rampage had theirs under the peak. i want to try the cage, but im worried the camera will be too vulnerable.

If you go on my profile, the footage on their is mainly filmed using this method.

I've also heard guys make up a chin mount!?

Posted: Apr 16, 2014 at 14:22 Quote
In my opininon, the best way to mount it is on your visor. Awesome view you can from there.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.008778
Mobile Version of Website