Devon, Alberta Bike Park Project

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Devon, Alberta Bike Park Project
Previous Page |
Posted: Jul 2, 2011 at 20:26 Quote
Not sure if many of you have heard, but we are building a Dirt Jump/SKills park in Devon, Alberta. With the closure of the Rabbit Hill Bike Park, this will be the only bike park in the Edmonton area. Rabbit Hill has very generously donated many of their wooden technical features for use in our new park. Consultation with Jay Hoots has begun and hopefully we can get it built this fall.

Part of our fundraising effort has included a submission to the TSN/Kraft Celebration Tour which awards 10 x $25,000.00 prizes to communities across Canada to develop recreational facilities. From over 300 submissions, ours made the final cut of 20 communities and we are matched up against Edson who are trying to build a spray park. From noon on July 13th until noon on July 14th, whichever of our two communities gets the most votes, gets the $25,000.00. We need all of you to help make it happen. On the voting day, please vote (as many times as you wish) at:

www.kraftcelebrationtour.ca

Thanks and we hope to see all of you at the new Devon Bike Park this fall!

Posted: Jul 11, 2011 at 21:17 Quote
Sounds awesome! I can't wait for this park to get underway, i'll be spreading the word to vote.

Posted: Jul 13, 2011 at 12:48 Quote
It's voting day! Please vote as many times as you can at www.kraftcelebrationtour.ca.

Posted: Jul 13, 2011 at 16:22 Quote
I must have voted 25 times....I got sick of typing those gobbleygook "words" in the confirmation box...perhaps I'll go back later tonight and hit it hard again. I hope Devon gets the win on this....there needs to be more of these type of facilities in Alberta. Edmonton is generally disappointing with regards to that kind of infrastructure, so to have an outlying community step up is awesome and may actually shame the city into doing something....

Posted: Jul 13, 2011 at 16:23 Quote
Im also voting lots! I want this bad!

Posted: Jul 18, 2011 at 13:36 Quote
Who's coordinating efforts to build the park? Would like to get more details for potentail media coverage opportunity. Pls drop me a line!

Jeremy

Posted: Jul 19, 2011 at 11:55 Quote
I would help build if they need people. Im only 20min away.

Posted: Jul 20, 2011 at 17:09 Quote
jerrycan wrote:
Who's coordinating efforts to build the park? Would like to get more details for potentail media coverage opportunity. Pls drop me a line!

Jeremy
I sent you a PM.

Posted: Jul 23, 2011 at 20:00 Quote
i've been approached by the town of Devon to form a bike skills training facility...this is DAMN EXCITING!!!

Posted: Jul 23, 2011 at 20:51 Quote
mtnbikemike wrote:
i've been approached by the town of Devon to form a bike skills training facility...this is DAMN EXCITING!!!

What? I thought Jay Hoots was doing it?

Previous Page |

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv14 0.014403
Mobile Version of Website