PB Forum :: Downhill
$3000 DH bike?
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Jul 15, 2011 at 1:16 Quote
z-man wrote:
krash wrote:
kona operator
get a new operator. a new bike comes with warranty and all that jazz. As much as i dont like kona, they came up with a steller price point on the operator.

Have you ridden one of the new Operators? i rode one in whistler bike park for 4 days last week and it was an awesome bike. it took braking bumps to town and was still very play full.

Posted: Jul 15, 2011 at 4:06 Quote
hoolydooly wrote:
z-man wrote:
krash wrote:
kona operator
get a new operator. a new bike comes with warranty and all that jazz. As much as i dont like kona, they came up with a steller price point on the operator.

Have you ridden one of the new Operators? i rode one in whistler bike park for 4 days last week and it was an awesome bike. it took braking bumps to town and was still very play full.
Im thinking of getting the 2012 operator when it comes out.Could you tell me some Pros and cons of you experience on it?Would appreciate it thanks!

O+
Posted: Jul 15, 2011 at 4:12 Quote
Downhill340 wrote:
hoolydooly wrote:
z-man wrote:

Im thinking of getting the 2012 operator when it comes out.Could you tell me some Pros and cons of you experience on it?Would appreciate it thanks!

It cornered well, it jumped well, it was stable at high speed, it was stable in low speed tech sections, it was play full, it liked to get the back end out and style a bit, it soaked up the braking bumps very well, it liked to hold speed and charge through rough rooty sections. There was nothing wrong with the bike at all.

Posted: Jul 15, 2011 at 4:25 Quote
hoolydooly wrote:
Downhill340 wrote:
hoolydooly wrote:

It cornered well, it jumped well, it was stable at high speed, it was stable in low speed tech sections, it was play full, it liked to get the back end out and style a bit, it soaked up the braking bumps very well, it liked to hold speed and charge through rough rooty sections. There was nothing wrong with the bike at all.
Thanks.Think Ive made my mind up now.Any idea of the weight?

O+
Posted: Jul 15, 2011 at 4:38 Quote
Downhill340 wrote:
hoolydooly wrote:
Downhill340 wrote:

no sorry, but it wasn't heavy.

Posted: Jul 15, 2011 at 4:43 Quote
hoolydooly wrote:
Downhill340 wrote:
hoolydooly wrote:

no sorry, but it wasn't heavy.
Ok thanks,Now I just need the money!

O+
Posted: Jul 15, 2011 at 4:44 Quote
haha, same. hopefully i will have mine in the next few months.

Posted: Jul 15, 2011 at 5:05 Quote
ctmtbgirl wrote:
Build one
+1, or you could get a 2009 dirtbike for that money!!!

O+
Posted: Jul 15, 2011 at 20:33 Quote
Downhill340 wrote:
2011 or 2012?

Probs the 2011

Posted: Jul 16, 2011 at 2:26 Quote
Should wait for 2012 its only around the corner and it will be probably a better design

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.062045
Mobile Version of Website