Specialized Status

PB Forum :: Downhill
Specialized Status
Posted: Jul 22, 2017 at 9:07 Quote
Id stick with your chainguide, nothing worse than your chain jumping of, i took mines of because it was bent and rubing in the first couple of gears and it was pointless chain came of every 2 mins, no I'm just dealing with it all bent to shit , but chain dosnt come off at all, also i was just running standard chairing so don't know what like a narrow wide one would be like

Posted: Jul 25, 2017 at 7:16 Quote
recently rode a rental trailbike with clutch+narrowwide, no issues with chain on black trails, defo go for it

Posted: Aug 15, 2017 at 8:56 Quote
broken the Vector R shock on my stock 2014 status I today. literally cracked in half near the bottom. Should I check something or it's just bad luck? I will replace it with a fox dhx 5.0 that a friend will give me for 100€

Posted: Aug 15, 2017 at 9:35 Quote
Depends on how you broke it dude? Big drop big jump? I would just get the bike checked over if your worried about it like

Posted: Aug 15, 2017 at 19:52 Quote
savefolla wrote:
which headset should I buy for my 2014 status with the stock xfusion vengeance? currently I have the stock FSA ones, with the fsa cups. do I need to remove them ?

If upgrading to boxxer, you need this: Cane Creek 40-Series ZeroStack Conversion Bottom for 49mm Head Tube 1-1/8" Crown Race Diameter https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004JKCONS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_ze7KzbYZ0XGD9

Posted: Aug 15, 2017 at 22:40 Quote
grantgeesmith wrote:
Depends on how you broke it dude? Big drop big jump? I would just get the bike checked over if your worried about it like

broke it on a high speed roots section, literally snapped it clean at the bottom where the lower spring plate sits

Posted: Aug 16, 2017 at 6:11 Quote
savefolla wrote:
grantgeesmith wrote:

broke it on a high speed roots section, literally snapped it clean at the bottom where the lower spring plate sits

And that's the reason why I have changed everything, except the frame ,and rear wheel Big Grin Ah and seatpost and saddle - but who use this anyway Smile
photo

Posted: Aug 19, 2017 at 11:26 Quote
Wonder if anyone could help me with a rough valuation of my bike. I love her, but she's way too much travel for what I need (i really need a more slopestyle bike)

Processed with VSCO with c1 preset

Specialized Status Large
Fox Vanilla RC
Rockshox Boxxer RC
Easton Havoc Cockpit, Odi Grips, Charge Spoon Saddle
Shimano Zee Cranks, SLX derailleur, E13 Chainguide
SLX brakes
Easton Havoc Wheels (back has a missing spoke, and could benefit from new bearings)
Maxxis/Schwalbe tyres.

Posted: Aug 20, 2017 at 12:51 Quote
well this is no slopestyle bike Big Grin but if u want to make a bit more nimble u could put on a singecrown fork 170-180mm and maby put a good airshock in so it becomes realy progressive. Thats about it

Posted: Aug 20, 2017 at 15:21 Quote
Depends on your market. I sold mine for $1850NZD in early 2016 that was very similar. Had new XTs, only the stock wheels. I'd say you'd get $1600NZD for yours here.

Posted: Aug 21, 2017 at 9:29 Quote
You normally see them up for 750 to 1000 pound,

Posted: Aug 21, 2017 at 11:59 Quote
Basically, over here...27.5, cuz it's soooooo much better and people are idiots, *rollseyes ...caused used DH26'er prices to drop 500-1000+ dollars...which made it not worthwhile to sell. So I keep. f*ck'em.
I didn't want two bikes...but wasn't going to sell the Status for that cheap.

Posted: Aug 22, 2017 at 6:05 Quote
Found this out here in Czech Republic. I think my son will ride this one once in the future coz the resale price will be even lower than what I invested in upgrades...

Posted: Aug 22, 2017 at 9:31 Quote
That's the reason i will never sell my status, i bought mines brand new and could never justify selling, plus I only ride the standard bike for 6 months intill i got my confidence back on my bike then i upgraded everything, once in finshed riding it, my niece and nephew can share it and if not It will be going on the wall as a piece of art haha

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017381
Mobile Version of Website