Specialized Status

PB Forum :: Downhill
Specialized Status
Posted: Feb 17, 2021 at 8:55 Quote
i talked to turkey distributor and they said status is not in their order list and can't get it and said buy from abroad if you can, incredible...

Posted: Feb 17, 2021 at 9:35 Quote
crankdatcoop wrote:
I've been trying to find someone to answer me the same question, seems that finding a Status owner is tough enough but then finding one who has switched to coil is even more of a unicorn. I've only seen pictures online of two people that have done it but one is a pro and the other might be around these forums somewhere... From the mechanics I have talked to on here, the bike is progressive enough to run a coil without a progressive spring and possibly achieve good mid-stroke support so it could run like a more supple air shock with more bottom-out resistance and no adjustability. Basically, I have decided I am going to wait a bit longer before switching to coil and keep messing around with air simply because of the hassle of switching and having to find the right coil and get it all dialed again.

Do some poking around on instagram/youtube. I've seen multiple running coil rear.

Posted: Feb 18, 2021 at 0:20 Quote
fuzzydunlop wrote:
I'm sure they get a frame only option in Germany and Spain. Tracking one down will take all your Google skills and a few phonecalls though

No in spain.

O+
Posted: Feb 20, 2021 at 17:11 Quote
Specialized has increased the number of dealers that can sell a Status

Posted: Feb 20, 2021 at 18:00 Quote
Too late. Everyone’s bought something they didn’t have to jump through hoops for.

Posted: Feb 28, 2021 at 21:53 Quote
Anybody have any thoughts about running a 27.5 wheel on the front?

Posted: Mar 1, 2021 at 10:40 Quote
crankdatcoop wrote:

I've toyed with the idea, mostly because it's easier to pick up a decent second hand wheelset at 27.5 than a mullet configuration but 180/160 would be weird

I think I'm going to pull the trigger on the Z1 Coil conversion and will try that at 170mm first

Posted: Mar 1, 2021 at 11:45 Quote
fuzzydunlop wrote:
crankdatcoop wrote:

I've toyed with the idea, mostly because it's easier to pick up a decent second hand wheelset at 27.5 than a mullet configuration but 180/160 would be weird

I think I'm going to pull the trigger on the Z1 Coil conversion and will try that at 170mm first

if you remove the shocks reducer bike will be 174 rear so it matches and it doesnt touch anything

photo

Posted: Mar 1, 2021 at 12:41 Quote
Noeserd wrote:
fuzzydunlop wrote:
crankdatcoop wrote:

if you remove the shocks reducer bike will be 174 rear so it matches and it doesnt touch anything

photo

Which what now?

O+
Posted: Mar 1, 2021 at 13:25 Quote
Noeserd wrote:
fuzzydunlop wrote:
crankdatcoop wrote:

photo

Whaaaaaa??

O+
Posted: Mar 4, 2021 at 17:30 Quote
He all, selling my 13 status. Good bike, just off to other adventures. Honestly, not really ridden a ton and heavily upgraded. Anyone interested, pm me. I'll have pics and better description in buy sell. Thanks!

Posted: Mar 11, 2021 at 22:35 Quote
I've got the Z1 coil conversion coming this weekend which I'm going to run at 170mm so the bike will be in low position (I've swapped the cranks to 165mm GX so shouldn't be an issue).

I'm going to put the shock up for sale and get a tuned Bomber CR for £330, so with getting GX parts and a set of RSCs through customs with no charges and selling my NX and Code R's for a £130 price difference i'll be at a monster of a bike for £3k

O+
Posted: Mar 13, 2021 at 7:46 Quote
Nice!

fuzzydunlop wrote:
I've got the Z1 coil conversion coming this weekend which I'm going to run at 170mm so the bike will be in low position (I've swapped the cranks to 165mm GX so shouldn't be an issue).

I'm going to put the shock up for sale and get a tuned Bomber CR for £330, so with getting GX parts and a set of RSCs through customs with no charges and selling my NX and Code R's for a £130 price difference i'll be at a monster of a bike for £3k

Posted: Mar 17, 2021 at 14:28 Quote
skratch72 wrote:
Just got a Status 140 this week and totally love the ride. I found the thin 2.3" Butcher tires pretty sketchy on my local trails and prevented me from going all out on some loose sections. I wanted to get suggestions on possible tire upgrades. Appreciate any feedback. Thanks.

You can fit 2.6 on both front and rear fyi. I run an assegai in front and dhr 2 rear (as for casing thats up to you).

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015022
Mobile Version of Website