Specialized Status

PB Forum :: Downhill
Specialized Status
Posted: Mar 22, 2021 at 12:39 Quote
I got a chance to ride on more "enduro-y" trails this weekend as opposed to the usual New England tech stuff - Otis & Pine Hills for those in the area. I'm finding the halfway point on the compression switch for the shock to be the perfect setting for climbs - plenty of traction and doesn't rob a ton of power. Slow and steady is the name of the game.

Wide open on the downhills is so much fun, so easy to smash through rock gardens and over roots and it's hugely forgiving on jumps and drops. Definitely not something I'm going to want to bring to Wompatuck but if I don't PR Coon Hollow at Blue Hills on my first attempt I'll be shocked. I can't wait to give it a try in some ESC events and at Highland.

Posted: Mar 28, 2021 at 14:55 Quote
Alright so I've been noticing the chainstay on the drive side has been getting more and more chewed up. Sometimes I will check and its as if there is freshly ground metal there. I'm thinking this is most likely an issue that has to do with the chain line/tension when the bike goes into its travel but curious if you guys have the same issue and if there are any good looking ways to cover it? I'm not particularly fond of the idea of having one chainstay covered in an electrical tape sleeve but if that's what it comes to then... (I'm assuming the outer edge's paint is cleanly rubbed off and not chewed up because of my shoe when im pedaling/pinching and what not but inner edge under chain is what i'm referring to) I can attach pics if I can figure it out haha

Posted: Mar 29, 2021 at 21:12 Quote
thunder-nuggets wrote:
I switched to spank 350 vibrocore with cushcore front and rear still mullet. Still lighter than stock.

I'm thinking about going that route since its seemingly the best value for a wheelset that's got high engagement and is relatively light/strong. After riding the 27.5 on the front I think the bike definitely works best with the mullet set up, although, maaaaybe if I adjusted stack height and bars a bit it might feel right but yeah works best the way it was designed...who woulda thought. What do you guys think of those Hope Fortis rims compared to the spank? relatively same price point.

Posted: Mar 29, 2021 at 22:20 Quote
Go with the spanks. You won’t regret it.

Posted: Apr 2, 2021 at 3:58 Quote
Has anyone put on a 170mm fork?
Thinking of putting on a marzocchi Z1 coil 170mm

Posted: Apr 2, 2021 at 4:05 Quote
thunder-nuggets wrote:
Here’s mine

Hey man! Did you put on 170mm zeb?
If so how does it ride ?

Posted: Apr 2, 2021 at 4:08 Quote
fuzzydunlop wrote:
I've got the Z1 coil conversion coming this weekend which I'm going to run at 170mm so the bike will be in low position (I've swapped the cranks to 165mm GX so shouldn't be an issue).

I'm going to put the shock up for sale and get a tuned Bomber CR for £330, so with getting GX parts and a set of RSCs through customs with no charges and selling my NX and Code R's for a £130 price difference i'll be at a monster of a bike for £3k

Hey man! How does the z1 run? You liking it ?

Posted: Apr 2, 2021 at 7:07 Quote
Emiliomarcello24 wrote:
thunder-nuggets wrote:
Here’s mine

Hey man! Did you put on 170mm zeb?
If so how does it ride ?

170mm zeb. I didn’t notice a difference at all. I put the flip chip in the high position to level out the head angle. Rides great. Don’t even notice the difference.

Posted: Apr 2, 2021 at 8:32 Quote
Emiliomarcello24 wrote:
fuzzydunlop wrote:
I've got the Z1 coil conversion coming this weekend which I'm going to run at 170mm so the bike will be in low position (I've swapped the cranks to 165mm GX so shouldn't be an issue).

I'm going to put the shock up for sale and get a tuned Bomber CR for £330, so with getting GX parts and a set of RSCs through customs with no charges and selling my NX and Code R's for a £130 price difference i'll be at a monster of a bike for £3k

Hey man! How does the z1 run? You liking it ?

I haven't had anytime to fit them yet as works gone crazy. The Z1 reviews speak for themselves though so I have no doubt they'll be very good. Plus i've always prefered the fit, forget and ride of coils

Posted: Apr 5, 2021 at 14:42 Quote
Hi I’m thinking about changing my setup to a 27.5 front and rear. Not sure how this is going to effect the geometry but has anyone tried it? Would you recommend it?

Posted: Apr 5, 2021 at 15:10 Quote
abrommers02 wrote:
Hi I’m thinking about changing my setup to a 27.5 front and rear. Not sure how this is going to effect the geometry but has anyone tried it? Would you recommend it?
bump the front travel up 10mm.

Posted: Apr 8, 2021 at 10:04 Quote
abrommers02 wrote:

Why would you do that? Too fast for you? Big Grin

Posted: Apr 8, 2021 at 14:58 Quote
Hey Guys!

Ive just bought a status 160 frame off eBay and im struggling to find the right bottom bracket for a Shimano crank set.
Does anyone know what i need and where i might find one?

Posted: Apr 8, 2021 at 18:54 Quote
Gazmiggy wrote:
Hey Guys!

Ive just bought a status 160 frame off eBay and im struggling to find the right bottom bracket for a Shimano crank set.
Does anyone know what i need and where i might find one?
\

My owner's manual lists a 78mm width, BSA threaded bottom bracket as the spec you would need to be looking for. The manual says it's compatible with "any BSA threaded outboard bearing bottom bracket. Please refer to the crank manufacturer documentation for bottom bracket compatibility."

FWIW and I'm sure you know, they come with SRAM NX Eagle cranksets using the SRAM DUB 28.99mm spindle standard.

Posted: Apr 9, 2021 at 14:22 Quote
Hi friends! Just bought an S2 140 complete and I'm trying to figure out if the 160 and 140 are the same frame just with different shock/yoke. If so, anyone know if you can buy the 160 yoke alone? If so you can basically have a 160 and a 140 by swapping out yoke, shock, and fork airspring. Better yet, get a new fork that is adjustable from 140 to 160 like the Cane Creek Helm or Marzocchi Z1 Coil (I guess the Z1 only goes down to 150 in the 29" variant). Can't wait to get this thing out on the trails. Too much snow in AK still

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013006
Mobile Version of Website