Specialized Status

PB Forum :: Downhill
Specialized Status
Posted: Aug 8, 2022 at 7:35 Quote
Noeserd wrote:
fuzzydunlop wrote:
crankdatcoop wrote:
Anybody have any thoughts about running a 27.5 wheel on the front?

I've toyed with the idea, mostly because it's easier to pick up a decent second hand wheelset at 27.5 than a mullet configuration but 180/160 would be weird

I think I'm going to pull the trigger on the Z1 Coil conversion and will try that at 170mm first

if you remove the shocks reducer bike will be 174 rear so it matches and it doesnt touch anything

photo

Posted: Aug 8, 2022 at 7:38 Quote
are the shock reducer and the volume spacer the same thing?

Posted: Aug 12, 2022 at 23:56 Quote
Hello,
I have a Specialized Status 160 and would like to purchase a coil shock for it. But I've heard that the bike isn't ready for that and a shock like the Fox DHX2 can break. Is it true? What brands/types of coil shock would you recommend?
Thank you for answer.

Posted: Aug 16, 2022 at 16:11 Quote
Does anyone know what brand/model the rear hub is on a 160 Status? When I googled the hieroglyphics on the hub I found multiple different brands.

O+
Posted: Aug 17, 2022 at 10:23 Quote
jesses-g wrote:
Does anyone know what brand/model the rear hub is on a 160 Status? When I googled the hieroglyphics on the hub I found multiple different brands.

Mine came with the stock Roval Traverse rims and hubs, although they do not have the Roval logo...

https://rovalcomponents.com/collections/trail/products/2021-traverse

Posted: Aug 17, 2022 at 11:03 Quote
My bike also has roval hubs

Posted: Aug 17, 2022 at 11:35 Quote
mikeinhoodriver wrote:
jesses-g wrote:

Mine came with the stock Roval Traverse rims and hubs, although they do not have the Roval logo...

https://rovalcomponents.com/collections/trail/products/2021-traverse

Thanks, they look about the same.

Posted: Oct 23, 2022 at 21:10 Quote
Status 140 Thoughts/Comments/Concerns/Reviews? Here's the steed as of late. Bone Stock with the exception of:

AMS Full Frame and Fork Protection
Deity Copperhead Stem/Top Cap (35mm clamp 50mm length)
Wolftooth Headset Spacers/Seat Post Clamp
Origin 8 Slimline Platform Pedals
Specialized Zee Cage (Plastic)
(Soon) Burgtec Cloud Boost Saddle
One-Up Bash Guide V2
Front Tire (Maxxis Assegai) / Rear Tire (Maxxis Minion DHR 2)

Hope to upgrade and cut a good bit of weight by investing in a nice set of wheels next since suspension has not been too much of an issue for me but the weight can make it feel less poppy and more sluggish. Buddy of mine has same bike but with some older i9 enduro wheels and feels wayyy more playful and agile. Hope to come across a nice used set of spanks, stans, or i9's soon but still have not decided if I should just go full 27.5 and adjust the air spring to get a bit more travel in the front to try and match stock geometry or if I should buy a new wheelset to match the mullet setup its in now. (Thoughts on this?). After that I will probably make the switch to a coil shock in the rear as I become increasingly bored with the air shock. Eventually....in a long time...I will get her custom painted a desert sand color like the old transition scout or raw out the frame entirely (Also thoughts on this?). Hit me with some feedback or drop some knowledge on meh

photo

Posted: Oct 23, 2022 at 23:37 Quote
crankdatcoop wrote:
Status 140 Thoughts/Comments/Concerns/Reviews? Here's the steed as of late. Specs in the photo description.

photo

Had one, loved it but was asking too much of 140 travel. Swapped for the 160 and am liking it even more. To be fair if I was a better rider I probably would have been fine with the 140. The 160 lets me get away with more mistakes.

Posted: Oct 23, 2022 at 23:48 Quote
Jonnysnow wrote:
crankdatcoop wrote:
Status 140 Thoughts/Comments/Concerns/Reviews? Here's the steed as of late. Specs in the photo description.

photo

Had one, loved it but was asking too much of 140 travel. Swapped for the 160 and am liking it even more. To be fair if I was a better rider I probably would have been fine with the 140. The 160 lets me get away with more mistakes.

Couldn't I theoretically just get different air springs for the fork and shock and make it a 160 when I want to? Or is the frame geo different between the two travels it comes in?...or is that just not quite how it works? lol

Posted: Oct 24, 2022 at 3:22 Quote
crankdatcoop wrote:

photo

O+
Posted: Oct 24, 2022 at 6:13 Quote
crankdatcoop wrote:

Couldn't I theoretically just get different air springs for the fork and shock and make it a 160 when I want to? Or is the frame geo different between the two travels it comes in?...or is that just not quite how it works? lol

The 140 and 160 frames are different, look on the inside of the triangle that the shock attaches to and you’ll see what I mean.

Posted: Oct 24, 2022 at 10:34 Quote
If I wanted to run a 27.5 on the front, is there a way to maintain that same bike geo? Maybe getting the fork adjusted to 150mm? Or maybe just go with higher rise bars and more backsweep and just say screw the geo? Also can somebody tell me the specs on the shock stroke and eye to eye on the 140 in case I want to do a coil conversion?

Posted: Oct 24, 2022 at 11:17 Quote
I think stock is 210x52.5 but 210x55 should fit just fine and give slightly more travel.

Posted: Oct 24, 2022 at 13:19 Quote
Jonnysnow wrote:
I think stock is 210x52.5 but 210x55 should fit just fine and give slightly more travel.

Thanks and also since both eyes on either end of the shock are on different axes does that limit which coil shocks I can buy even further or are most shocks just capable of adjusting to accomodate that? Or maybe it has to be factory ordered?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012087
Mobile Version of Website