Trek Scratch vs. Giant Faith

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Trek Scratch vs. Giant Faith
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jul 9, 2011 at 15:01 Quote
Which bike is a better all around bike?
Or do you recommend another bike in the same category?

Posted: Jul 12, 2011 at 0:47 Quote
bdalbow wrote:
Which bike is a better all around bike?
Or do you recommend another bike in the same category?

I have Giant Faith 1 2010. Good bike for freeride, spring in shock is 500 for size S) But it provide jump big drops as RedBull Rampage (i dont jump so much drops(((). Rear hub 12*150.

Giant have Maestro suspension of VPP system. It better that Scrach.

Scrach have not standart hub size 142*135

Мy advice, dont buy bike with dropouts, they bend(((

I recommend Giant Faith!

Posted: Jul 15, 2011 at 14:28 Quote
I was in the same dilemma. I think they are both great bikes it just comes down to what you can get a better deal on. I wound up with a 2010 scratch that I immediately put a Totem RC2DH air on. I am in love with this bike. In my opinion the Faith is probably a better freeride/park bike but the Scratch is a better do-everything bike which is what I needed -it pedals much better/more comfortably. Both linkage/suspension designs are amazing and they will both feel super plush. I ride 30 mile cross country rides and hammer shuttle and park laps on my Scratch. IMO the best bike if you can only have one for everything.

Posted: Jul 17, 2011 at 0:47 Quote
baggins424 wrote:
I was in the same dilemma. I think they are both great bikes it just comes down to what you can get a better deal on. I wound up with a 2010 scratch that I immediately put a Totem RC2DH air on. I am in love with this bike. In my opinion the Faith is probably a better freeride/park bike but the Scratch is a better do-everything bike which is what I needed -it pedals much better/more comfortably. Both linkage/suspension designs are amazing and they will both feel super plush. I ride 30 mile cross country rides and hammer shuttle and park laps on my Scratch. IMO the best bike if you can only have one for everything.

Yes, you right about cross country. Giant has super short wheel base and good only for freeride/park.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008699
Mobile Version of Website